The Fretboard Cycling Club

What's Hot

Comments

• droflufdrofluf Frets: 3829
    Logie said:
    Should have seen me Friday! My 5th ride in a week and my legs went 20 mile from home. They do say rest is as important as exercise :)
    Yes, or at least that’s my excuse for spending the day on the sofa :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7818
    On a mini bike break with the kids this week and using towee and trax lines to pull them up the ups.... Most exhausting thing!

Still worth it, as it means they can go all day!
  • Typical. Best weather forecast here for ages and I've just been pinged on the app so I'm housebound 'til Saturday. Zwift it is then.

On the plus side, I get the rest of the week off so can watch all of the final week of Le Tour :D
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Joined a club and did my first ride with them today (well, technically a trial ride) 95k, nearly 900m of climbing and average temperature was 27C
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Typical. Best weather forecast here for ages and I've just been pinged on the app so I'm housebound 'til Saturday. Zwift it is then.

On the plus side, I get the rest of the week off so can watch all of the final week of Le Tour :D
    That’s a bummer, hopefully time will pass quickly 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JayceeJaycee Frets: 315
    I have just taken delivery of a pair of Carbon wheels from China. The brand is "Superteam"  I did some research on them and they have mostly good reviews.

Not done a ride on them yet but they seemed ok around the block, hopefully the weather will change and allow me to get out.
  • MattharrierMattharrier Frets: 455
    I am by no means an experienced, or competent, rider, but I do enjoy a bit of trail riding. I have a cheap Decathlon bike, but I've been round Swinley Woods, Cannock Chase, Coed y Brenin etc on it and it's not let me down so far. Like a lot of outdoor/adventurous stuff, I didn't really start until my late 30s so I've not got into the huge jumps and drops side of things, but I do enjoy it. Sadly my current fitness and stamina are shocking (various RL stuff has prevented me going much over the last couple of years) so the next time I go out the climbs are going to kill me!
  • After a week of shitty weather and getting wet on my commute we finally got something resembling sunshine, so went out for a lazy 25 miler this morning. Which was nice...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I did a bit of swimming during the hot week we had, which wiped me out for about a week.

I went out on the bike with the new wheels, they felt more responsive, and cornered better but the brakes not as good as on aluminium rims, which I expected
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9680
    Did my longest ride for about 18 months today. 75 miles from Cardiff into the Brecon Beacons, past the Penderyn distillery and back home through Merthyr Tudful.  Haven’t done more than 50 miles since lockdowns started so glad that my legs didn’t cramp up in the last 20 miles!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Did my longest ride for about 18 months today. 75 miles from Cardiff into the Brecon Beacons, past the Penderyn distillery and back home through Merthyr Tudful.  Haven’t done more than 50 miles since lockdowns started so glad that my legs didn’t cramp up in the last 20 miles!

That was brave, and well done. What was your route up to the Penderyn distillery? I have been looking at planning a ride up there for a while, I am in Barry so most of my rides take me into the Vale.

I did a high cadence 16 miler yesterday, it ended up at 82, and my back feels better for it
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9680
    edited August 2021
    From Cardiff we go through Treforest, Cilfynydd and straight across the Abercynon roundabout to Aberdare (we avoid the busy road through the town by skirting it to the east), Then on to Hirwaun and turn right onto the Penderyn road. There’s  a nice road  that goes right after Penderyn  through Cwm Cadlan to the Garw Nant centre, but we went straight on to join the A470 and stopped at the centre, then rejoined the A470 after going the other side of the Llwyn Onn reservoir. From there it’s a short bit of downhill before getting off the A470 (not a nice road to cycle on really) at Cefn Coed y Cymmer into Merthyr.

Thanks @thermionic I have cycled to Aberdare a few times, Relive is such a cool app
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 5055
    edited August 2021
    New Bike Day!!! D Trek Marlin 7, first foray back into mountain biking in about 20 years. Pretty sure you could climb a brick wall with 28x46!

May be an image of bicycle and outdoors

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I just did a bike what have written about here 

http://wix.to/B0B_CDw?ref=cl

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3596
    Today my brother and I did cycle swarm. Between us that's 127 years and 65 miles.
    I did buy a used Trek lightweight bike 3 weeks ago and it is so much easier for distance rides, padded shorts and a gel seat cover still didn't save my sore arse though.
    I now officially have the tee shirt!
    My ride from Saturday   

I was cooked after that.
    I am not a climber by any stretch of the imagination .
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 5055
    edited August 2021
    Just over 2 weeks time before I do King Alfred's Way. 220 miles off road around bits of the south. Start in Winchester and take in Stonehenge, Woodhenge, Salisbury, The Ridgeway, South Down Way, Devil's Punchbowl and back to Winchester.

Doing it over 5 days as I'm a lightweight, lol.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Did my first cycle commute into London for 9 years this morning; a lot has changed in terms of infrastructure. There's now an amazing segregated cycle lane along the embankment.

Still got lost on the way in and when I got to the office (haven't visited for 18 months) I went to the wrong floor!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Did my first cycle commute into London for 9 years this morning; a lot has changed in terms of infrastructure. There's now an amazing segregated cycle lane along the embankment.

Still got lost on the way in and when I got to the office (haven't visited for 18 months) I went to the wrong floor!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom