The Fretboard Cycling Club

What's Hot

Comments

• droflufdrofluf Frets: 3829
    Club run this morning; my group was only me so joined a faster group. 105km, 670m climbing at nearly 25kph. Had to walk up the final hill to home. Now recovering on the sofa with the dogs. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LogieLogie Frets: 444
    @drofluf ;

That's good going that! I think you need a nice red :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Logie said:
    @drofluf ;

@Logie ;That would require me to do complicated difficult stuff like lifting my head up high enough to be able to drink and that’s not going to happen soon. 

Maybe October:lol:
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JayceeJaycee Frets: 315
    Logie said:
    @drofluf ;

Just did 30 miler at 16.1mph first time for me over that distance, absolutely  blowing by the end
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @Jaycee ;
    I'm stuck doing 18- 20 miles at lunchtimes while I'm at work so my 3000 mile target this year is going to be wildly optimistic! 
    At this rate I'll do 2000+ at the most but it's keeping the weight off and it should get me reasonably prepared for the hills in Majorca next year :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Logie said:
    @Jaycee ;
    I'm stuck doing 18- 20 miles at lunchtimes while I'm at work so my 3000 mile target this year is going to be wildly optimistic! 
    At this rate I'll do 2000+ at the most but it's keeping the weight off and it should get me reasonably prepared for the hills in Majorca next year :)

I did 2300 miles last year but will be lucky to do 1600 this year
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NikcNikc Frets: 627
    Just over 2 weeks time before I do King Alfred's Way. 220 miles off road around bits of the south. Start in Winchester and take in Stonehenge, Woodhenge, Salisbury, The Ridgeway, South Down Way, Devil's Punchbowl and back to Winchester.

Doing it over 5 days as I'm a lightweight, lol.
    A friend of mine did this route mainly as part of it goes past his house - he enjoyed it used a gravel bike but wished he'd used a MTB instead 
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1251
    I was timing a sportive today, so as it involved an overnight stay, I thought I'd take the road bike and go for a couple hour spin after I'd checked in to the accommodation.

I ended up doing 81km with 1400m of climbing, and being out for 3h30m, after completely underestimating the distance, and the amount of climbing involved. I also only took one energy bar and a banana, so the final hour was quite a slow affair.

Today has been fuelled by lots of caffeine and sugar.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited September 2021
    I did a couple of back to back 30 milers over the weekend. About 2400 ft of climb at 17 mph average so I was quite pleased with that ( especially turning 60 last week ) The 2nd ride was meant to be about 45 mile but my knees were playing up and my hips were starting to ache and I got fed up and turned back early. I reckon I've got another couple of years before the knackers yard!
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 5055
    edited September 2021
    Nikc said:
    Just over 2 weeks time before I do King Alfred's Way. 220 miles off road around bits of the south. Start in Winchester and take in Stonehenge, Woodhenge, Salisbury, The Ridgeway, South Down Way, Devil's Punchbowl and back to Winchester.

A friend of mine did this route mainly as part of it goes past his house - he enjoyed it used a gravel bike but wished he'd used a MTB instead 
    Last day today, head home tomorrow. I did use a MTB, and it was still bloody hard. Averaged about 4000 calories a day, and 10 mph!!! This part of the country doesn't know the meaning of flat!

On the plus side, just like when I did C2C, everything will feel like downhill for the next few weeks ;)
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1890
    Just sorted out my new route to work. About 6 miles each way via quiet roads if I leave early or via coal tow paths or country trails and only about 400ft of climbing on the worst route. Plus if it is too crappy to ride I can get a train 3/4 from my house that terminates under a mile from the workbase. And as I'm old the return trip is ONLY £4.
    I can use the rigid MTB fir the country park route ot the singles speed for the road route and it is just right being a 25 minute blast in the morning.
    Nikc said:

Last day today, head home tomorrow. I did use a MTB, and it was still bloody hard. Averaged about 4000 calories a day, and 10 mph!!! This part of the country doesn't know the meaning of flat!

On the plus side, just like when I did C2C, everything will feel like downhill for the next few weeks ;)
    Good on you, it is lumpy around here I but that does make for cheap training as there is always a hill to push up ;)

Brio said:
    Just sorted out my new route to work. About 6 miles each way via quiet roads if I leave early or via coal tow paths or country trails and only about 400ft of climbing on the worst route. Plus if it is too crappy to ride I can get a train 3/4 from my house that terminates under a mile from the workbase. And as I'm old the return trip is ONLY £4.
    I can use the rigid MTB fir the country park route ot the singles speed for the road route and it is just right being a 25 minute blast in the morning.
    Nice nothing like commuting to just get some miles in keep it up :)

So I've had an odd year with riding/racing. All was looking good and bam my wife gets struck down with illness April/May three ops later and life is getting back to normal. Getting some miles in and thinking about one last Time Trial at Thruxton which would be early October. 

So to give that some encouragement there is a charity ride this Sunday 12/09 (around Thruxton Race Circuit) so I've got some mates going and I'm dragging my 13 year son along - Starts at 10:30 ends at 3 ride round as many times as you like and have fun on fast race track with no cars. Anyone in the area fancy it, just turn up the event can be found on face book - Pedal with Alice.
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12443
    Off out this morning up Blaze Hill with a mate and coffee afterwards, bit drizzly but hey Ho. 
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 5055
    edited September 2021
    Great photo/ vid from yesterday's ToB stage to Edinburgh.

May be an image of one or more people people riding bicycles people standing bicycle and road

He will allways remember that moment
    And lovely gesture from Eenkhoorn
  • Nice little 40 miler this morning for the Clatterbridge Cancer Charity. Got a few sponsors at work so raised a few quid for a good cause too. =)

May be an image of map

No photo description available

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom