Gigs in Edinburgh

What's Hot

Comments

• VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    edited May 2016
    My band are playing Electric Circus on Saturday 7th, first on of a three band bill, topped by American alt-rockers Wussy. Doors at 7, we're on at 7.30-8...
    Checked your stuff on FB, sounds great! Will check out the EP too - I assume you are the singer/guitarist?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3422
    edited May 2016
    @Vaiai - was that Keava or Modus? If Keava, I'm the non-singing guitarist :) if it was Modus it's my old band.

If it was driven by harness that's the other band on the bill with Wussy, not me :)

• camfcamf Frets: 1191
    @Moe_Zambeek Sadly only caught your last song. Wussy were great, though... really enjoyed them. And a decent and enthusiastic crowd too.
    @camf yeah, Wussy were great!

You should have said hello :)
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4436
    Vaiai said:
    Ship Inn Musselburgh this Saturday, approx 7:30/8pm - midnight (ish). 
    It's bassist's daughter's 21st but you're welcome along. Buffet at 9pm lol. 
    We're playing two 45 min (ish) sets.
    Colin invited me to this on FB but we are gigging Inchcolm Inn on Sat and back at The Jam House in June :) Enjoy!
    I WILL get to one of your gigs! 
    Sorry for late reply - been mental busy, I'm well over-stretched.
    Went ok but we're loud..... drummer will have to play with pencils or something lol.
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5467
    Yo, anyone fancy a pint? I'm working in Edinburgh for a couple of days, would be up for a beer or two on Wednesday evening if anyone's up for it?
    Wednesdays are rehearsal nights for me:)

Plus I live in the sticks so no use to anyone anyway ;)
    edited May 2016
    DiscoStu said:
    Yo, anyone fancy a pint? I'm working in Edinburgh for a couple of days, would be up for a beer or two on Wednesday evening if anyone's up for it?
    I'm at band practice (where do you practice @Moe_Zambeek?) but we finish at 10....?

FYI this was me on Saturday (I only wear it for Sweet Child O' Mine though this time did keep the 'shades' on for the rest of the gig):
    So Wednesday is band practice night around here, huh?
    I could maybe meet after 10 but might be late and I'll be on west side of Edinburgh. Can't do tomorrow. What days are you here? I thought you lived here, shows what I know!
    Band practice mid-week is great.. Keeps me going!
    I don't live here, I'm from Elgin but am down here now and then with work. I'm staying in Leith for a couple of nights so no worries. I'm renting an apartment and it's comfy and has a fridge for beer! I'll cope!
    We practice at the depot, @thomasross20
  • Chaps, help an ignorant west coaster out. Anyone know of pubs in the Gracemount area that do bands? We've been contacted through Facebook by a woman called Cath Kay who says her pub has been hosting bands since January and would we be interested. Just wondering if its going to be legit / worth it?
    "As with all things, some days you're the dinosaur, some days you're the monkey." Sporky
    @DiscoStu just gimme a shout if you do fancy meeting up. 

We should maybe compile a list of all venues and what sort of music they like... 
    We're looking for more gigs and have a shortlist but need quite a few more. 
    We're pretty loud so unless we do an acoustic set...

The Depot - never been there - thanks for the info!

I don't know about that, @failed_astronaut - but let us know how it goes!

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72321
    Chaps, help an ignorant west coaster out. Anyone know of pubs in the Gracemount area that do bands? We've been contacted through Facebook by a woman called Cath Kay who says her pub has been hosting bands since January and would we be interested. Just wondering if its going to be legit / worth it?
    Gracemount… I know someone who taught at the High School there. He said he thought of it as a holding camp for Borstal.

Might be worth changing the name of the band you're a tribute to, to avoid misunderstandings :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ICBM said:
    Chaps, help an ignorant west coaster out. Anyone know of pubs in the Gracemount area that do bands? We've been contacted through Facebook by a woman called Cath Kay who says her pub has been hosting bands since January and would we be interested. Just wondering if its going to be legit / worth it?
    Gracemount… I know someone who taught at the High School there. He said he thought of it as a holding camp for Borstal.

Might be worth changing the name of the band you're a tribute to, to avoid misunderstandings :).
    Lol? Unless they can offer us decent cash money we'll probably not consider it.
    "As with all things, some days you're the dinosaur, some days you're the monkey." Sporky
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2576
    tFB Trader
    Been watching this thread, I don't get to Edinburgh much but went to a gig at Electric Circus last night, sound was horrid, every time the bass drum and bass synchronized it felt like you were getting punched in the chest, main attraction band came on and only played 40 minutes.. pretty disappointing for 3 hours of driving, still nice to get out and get some city buzz.
    I'm sure it's been mentioned but is Bannerman's OK? I think of Bannerman's, opium, binkies being the same sort of affair.
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    My mate Hef does the sound at Bannerman's - you'd go down fine there :)
    We are back at the Jam House 3rd June - looking forward to that again :D

We played Inchcolm Inn in S. Queensferry, wasn't too bad but as the night went on punters chat got louder and the singer started having issues hearing herself! 

Never seen The Depot either - we rehearse at Mushroom every Wed.