Gigs in Edinburgh

What's Hot
1101112131416»

Comments

• camfcamf Frets: 1191
    Totally last minute, but I'm playing a short support set tonight, 7th of Nov, at Leith Depot, for local country rock band Coldsville. £3 on the door... a bargain! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm down in Edinburgh a lot now. What/Who/Where would you suggest for local go to gigs? Country/Blues/Rock and the like? I was at Whistle Binkies this weekend past and a few bands were on. 

• AndyJPAndyJP Frets: 220
    @robmac5150 check out the Voodoo Rooms. Edinburgh Blues club often hosts events there. Also Stramash, The Jazz Bar (not just jazz).  There's often gigs at bars like the Ghillie Dhu and Barony Bar too.
  • Thanks @AndyJP ;

edited November 2019
    No probs. Whistle Binkies has lots of live music on too.
  • Chris_JChris_J Frets: 140
    The Wee Red Bar on the 20th December, pre Christmas Friday night out? Music from 7, think each band gets an hour.

3 bands and only a fiver to get in.

The Mighty Joes - Acoustic folky/Americana covers, I'll be providing percussion, possibly guitar on a couple too.
    The Ben Inglis Band - Bluesy with some originals
    The Super Moons - Mostly originals in a Faces, The Jam, indie rock kind of vibe.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72340
    Kurtz will be at the Cuckoo's Nest in Home Street on Friday 17th January, with Heartbreak Diet and Cloudland Blue Quartet, 8-11pm, free entry.

Garage/glam/psychedelic/punk kind of stuff, mostly covers you'll know and a few originals!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • camfcamf Frets: 1191
    I’ll try and get along for a bit. Do you know when you’ll be on? 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72340
    camf said:
    I’ll try and get along for a bit. Do you know when you’ll be on? 
    We're on last, 10pm or so.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• My band, Burn The Maps are playing at Bannerman's in Edinburgh, next Monday the 27th of January. We're supporting a band called Follow Deep from Hull.

Here's some links to our stuff:

https://burnthemapsuk.bandcamp.com/

https://youtu.be/HiAS7o7z-L0

The Aristocrats are playing the Liquid Rooms tomorra. Hardcore Guthrie action!
  • anything on tonight worth a look?