Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Tonight's song requests were...

What's Hot
EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
...The Verve, y'know The Verve (?); Valerie, by Amy Winehouse; Brown Eyed Girl. So, err, what in the preceding ninety minutes of ska and reggae songs lead you to believe we know these..?
Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Oh man, harsh - what did you say? 
    People keep wanting to hear the same old!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • My version of Valerie is a reggae version so maybe they've seen me live. I'd knock out Brown Eyed Girl is a similar style just for a laugh. But I'm afraid I don't know what a Verve is so, y'know, I wouldn't have been able to help with that.
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    We were asked for Elvis.

I wanted to say "Elvis has left the building" but didn't.
  • Oh man, harsh - what did you say? 
    People keep wanting to hear the same old!
    Just politely say that as a band we haven't rehearsed those songs - although a very attractive young woman offered to give me £10 if we played Brown Eyed Girl, so I could have just about done that solo ( I had to sing a verse of one of our songs whilst The Verve woman was pestering our singer so maybe my singing career is about to take off...).  Last gig we were asked for Nightclub by The Specials, which seems reasonable as about a third of our set are by them, but requests for songs outside of the kind of stuff we do I find very odd.
  • You mean you haven't already rehearsed The Drugs Don't Work with a two-step twist? I'm shocked!! :o
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Last gig I was at some big woman kept staring me in the eye and making guitar playing motions after she chatted to me in our break lol... think like the guitar motions done in "Bill and Ted" in an attempted sexy manner lol. 

We just say that we haven't done this song or that but with 40 decent tunes we might tell a white lie and say "this one was a request" lol...

• You mean you haven't already rehearsed The Drugs Don't Work with a two-step twist? I'm shocked!! :o
    She spoke to our keyboardist in the Ladies as well. I think she was having boyfriend trouble and wanted us to play his favourite song as a romantic gesture. Or something.  =((
  • Get with the program, Eric -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1tEm-iOVy0

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    Surely you have some dirkin shouting "Mr Brightside!!!" Every gig I've done for the last two years, someone shouts it. And I refuse to play it. Worst song in the history of worst songs.
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • We got asked to play some metallica once, we had "the thing that should not be", "mama said" and the metallica version of "die die die my darling" in the set.

Suspect the fucking idiot only knew "enter sandman".
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10410

Last night the groom wanted to sing Relax with the band, what a disaster that was :) 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Get with the program, Eric -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1tEm-iOVy0

I think there are a few reggae and ska versions of that; can't say my heart would be in it though! 
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    At pub gigs, I have a terrible habit of saying - yes I'll see if the guys know it and we'll do it later on,   to whatever requests we get.     Makes them go away feeling happy and leave me alone.  I've even had some come up later and thank me, thinking we did play it.  One day someone will remember they asked and come back angry but non so far.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    John_P said:
    At pub gigs, I have a terrible habit of saying - yes I'll see if the guys know it and we'll do it later on,   to whatever requests we get.     Makes them go away feeling happy and leave me alone.  I've even had some come up later and thank me, thinking we did play it.  One day someone will remember they asked and come back angry but non so far.
    Have a wiz.  I like that idea.
  • EricTheWeary;839355" said:
    stickyfiddle said:

You mean you haven't already rehearsed The Drugs Don't Work with a two-step twist? I'm shocked!! :o

She spoke to our keyboardist in the Ladies as well. I think she was having boyfriend trouble and wanted us to play his favourite song as a romantic gesture. Or something.  =((
    Assuming your keyboardist is an 'oman there
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • EricTheWeary;839355" said:
    stickyfiddle said:

You mean you haven't already rehearsed The Drugs Don't Work with a two-step twist? I'm shocked!! :o

Assuming your keyboardist is an 'oman there
    Bit of light cleavage in view ( not absolute proof but a reasonable indicator of gender) with her playing table football before a gig.

• I used to play in a blues band. We got a request for 'Whole Lotta Rosie' at a particularly rough venue one night. In spite of playing a Strat through a fairly clean Music Man, we had a good go at it....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1383
    ...The Verve, y'know The Verve (?); Valerie, by Amy Winehouse; Brown Eyed Girl. So, err, what in the preceding ninety minutes of ska and reggae songs lead you to believe we know these..?
    Reel Big Fish do a rather natty version of BEG
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • ElectroDanElectroDan Frets: 554
    edited November 2015

I remember doing a New Years Eve at a packed club. I was in a suit playing motown and soul sort of stuff on a red 50's reissue Strat; general Working Men's Club covers. In between every song I've got these few metal guys shouting "Play some Metallica!" then laughing at how funny they are.

After about three or four songs of trying to ignore it, it's clear everyone can hear them heckling and they are not going to give up. I hear "Hey Hank! Play some Pantera!" So I kicked in the red channel on the Hughes & Kettner and ripped out a couple of bars of "Mouth for war".

"Any further requests?" I can still see their wide open eyes and dropped open mouths. Fair play they bought me a few beers at half time and even hung around at the end for me to show them some riffs.

:))
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom