Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Tonight's song requests were...

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• not_the_dj;982360" said:
    We do Sweet Home Alabama, plenty of Oasis and a Specials song....can we have your audience?

...although we did once get asked "do you do any Rihanna?"
    You know I have to ask... Which Specials song?
    @EricTheWeary you may remember that Ska is one of those genres that I just don't get......but despite that we play Monkey Man and also Rat Race.

I will admit that they go down great in the pubs around Leamington....which is pretty close to Coventry of course so there must be something in the water round 'ere.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • We got requests for Wolfmother and Justin Beiber minutes apart at the same gig, swings and roundabouts I guess. 

Dirty loops version of baby? Way beyond me... Wolfmother - yes please!
    https://www.gbmusic.co.uk/

PA Hire and Event Management
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72347
    ...The Verve, y'know The Verve (?); Valerie, by Amy Winehouse; Brown Eyed Girl. So, err, what in the preceding ninety minutes of ska and reggae songs lead you to believe we know these..?
    [Pet peeve warning]

Valerie is by The Zutons, not bloody Amy Winehouse!!!

It's also a man's song to a woman.

I've never had a problem saying no to any request. If you don't know the song then there's no point in trying to murder it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_dj;982472" said:
    EricTheWeary said:

not_the_dj;982360" said:We do Sweet Home Alabama, plenty of Oasis and a Specials song....can we have your audience?

...although we did once get asked "do you do any Rihanna?"

You know I have to ask... Which Specials song?

@EricTheWeary you may remember that Ska is one of those genres that I just don't get......but despite that we play Monkey Man and also Rat Race.

I will admit that they go down great in the pubs around Leamington....which is pretty close to Coventry of course so there must be something in the water round 'ere.
    Ah, I would have guessed Rudy which isn't the most exciting thing to play. We did a 50th party and the guy wanted to sing Rat Race with us. You think oh here we go... And then he did it better than our singer, possibly an even worse outcome. There's one of those danelectro sitar things on the original so it's a song you can mess around with a bit. Little Bitch is sort of Rolling Stones do ska so that's good for rock covers bands forced to do a ska number.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • ICBM said:
    ...The Verve, y'know The Verve (?); Valerie, by Amy Winehouse; Brown Eyed Girl. So, err, what in the preceding ninety minutes of ska and reggae songs lead you to believe we know these..?
    [Pet peeve warning]

To be fair, if they are asking for Amy Winehouse's version, they are almost right....

Almost in the sense that it is technically Mark Ronson's version they are after.

• Playing as a 4pc rock band in Ilminster one night, a chap in a suit came up and said do you do any classics? I said what Free, Cream, Led Zep stuff? He said no Classic.... Beethoven Mozart etc =)) I thought he was joking [-(
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Mr Brightside.... Fuck right off
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    Got asked for Smalltown Boy once at a wedding. At first we thought they meant Don't Stop Believing by Journey, in that way that people get song titles wrong  ("Just a smalltown girl, living in a lonely world....") but no, he expected a four piece, two-guitar line-up to play Bronski Beat.

Not a song I dislike, I would add, but equally not a song I know all the guitar parts to either...

We NEED AN APP!

It would basically be a "six degrees of separation" app.  So when a punter wants "Small town dog" you can (almost instantly) say, "That was by x, who were getting shit-faced with y in 1992 before they became Mormons, who then recorded "THIS" by z and that's just a cool choice of song cos we're playing it in the second set, Thank you!"

• ^That post deserves a wow, a lol AND a wis! :)

• Playing as a 4pc rock band in Ilminster one night, a chap in a suit came up and said do you do any classics? I said what Free, Cream, Led Zep stuff? He said no Classic.... Beethoven Mozart etc =)) I thought he was joking [-(
    The 3-piece I was with could have offered him Bach, or Händel - these were part of our set ;)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • I'm always surprised by how many audience members are familiar with the obscure Morrissey B-side "Get Off The Stage".......

• SporkySporky Frets: 28222
    I favour "STREETS OF LONDON!" as a universal heckle.

Particularly effective if the performer has just finished Streets of London.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    On occasion I get a smart arse shout from the back of the room:

"Do you play anything good??"

To which I reply

"No, it's ALL shit, sorry"

Usually silence after that and I carry on as before.
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72347
    ICBM said:
    To be fair, if they are asking for Amy Winehouse's version, they are almost right....

Almost in the sense that it is technically Mark Ronson's version they are after.
    Yes, that is fair - it wasn't really her fault. Mark Ronson turns anything he touches to shit. She was probably so out of it at that point she had no idea what she was singing about… it certainly sounds like it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom