Any Motörbike riders here?

What's Hot

Comments

• Tone71Tone71 Frets: 628
    edited July 2014

@tone71 yes I'd be interested in the details of your mates camera, I haven't pulled the trigger just yet.

Its a SJ4000 they are about £60 ish and heres a link to one of his vids from it:

Thats me on the SV getting lost on a roundabout!!

:)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FusionistaFusionista Frets: 184
    edited July 2014
    Didn't know whether to start a new thread, but I'm off to a track day end of the month and have to find a set of zippable leathers or waterproofs to wear on the track. Gave the last set away, doh!  There was I thinking a pair of kevlar jeans and a GP leather jacket would be OK!  

Not madly keen on textiles, but going to be away 4 days in all with no support, so need something all-weather.  Fancy a BMW Rallye or Tuareg 'adventure suit', but would cost more than the holiday! 

Suggestions welcome - I'm 5'10", 42" chest, 36" waist, 30 inside leg, 13st.
    "Nobody needs more than 20 strats." Mike Landau
  • IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319
    I'm using a pair of Kevlar trousers with removable lining and armour that I scored for £30, weren't properly waterproof though - five minutes choking myself with a can of waterproofing spray and they now seem to be ;)
    edited July 2014
    Frankly, it it weren't that I've paid in advance and the marshalls won't let me on, it would be my Altura cycling jacket and Berghaus overtrousers. Have an old winter set of corduras, but sooo bulky and if it''s hot I will cook.  While I am a stickler always to wear  a good helmet, proper gloves and boots, 'spacesuit' riding is OTT in the summer.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33848
    edited July 2014
    Didn't know whether to start a new thread, but I'm off to a track day end of the month and have to find a set of zippable leathers or waterproofs to wear on the track. Gave the last set away, doh!  There was I thinking a pair of kevlar jeans and a GP leather jacket would be OK!  

Not madly keen on textiles, but going to be away 4 days in all with no support, so need something all-weather.  Fancy a BMW Rallye or Tuareg 'adventure suit', but would cost more than the holiday! 

Suggestions welcome - I'm 5'10", 42" chest, 36" waist, 30 inside leg, 13st.
    I thought it was 1 piece leathers on race tracks only?
    Or was I misinformed?

If you can wear textiles then Bering do some decent jackets and trousers that zip together that are a bit cheaper then Rukka or Dainese.
    I have a Bering Gizmo jacket that I crashed in and it held together fine.

I've switched to a Furygan textile jacket and trousers for wet weather.
    Better protection and warmer.
    It was about £450 for the two.

I have a pair of Triumph Misano leather trousers and a couple of Furygan and Helstons leather jackets that I wear when not commuting.
    When it rains I slip an over suit over it- provided it doesn't get too cold it is great.
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 628
    I always thought for race days it was leather, either 1 or 2 piece (zip together)
    Tone71 said:
    I always thought for race days it was leather, either 1 or 2 piece (zip together)
    Ah ok- maybe it was just the track I was looking at that had that rule.
    Check this out:

Elfinsaifty have definitely made this country into a bunch of wimps. OTOH, there's no NHS or DHSS to 'fall back' on in India, so it's his risk.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12434
    octatonic;294524" said:
    Check this out:

Holy sheeyut! How strong must that's guy's neck be?
    octatonic said:
    If you can wear textiles then Bering do some decent jackets and trousers that zip together that are a bit cheaper then Rukka or Dainese.

I have a pair of Triumph Misano leather trousers and a couple of Furygan and Helstons leather jackets that I wear when not commuting.
    When it rains I slip an over suit over it- provided it doesn't get too cold it is great.
    Still very expensive for heavy, rather uncomfortable gear which can only be used on a bike. Particularly do not see the point of removable inners - any number of more flexible alternative base layers available.  Rather regretting booking it up now, turned into a hassle.
  • snakemanStoosnakemanStoo Frets: 1708
    I may be about to sign up for my DAS.  Only problem is the paying for it, so it's either really soon, or next month.  Guess I'll have to start learning all the theory crap.
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
    octatonic said:

Still very expensive for heavy, rather uncomfortable gear which can only be used on a bike. Particularly do not see the point of removable inners - any number of more flexible alternative base layers available.  Rather regretting booking it up now, turned into a hassle.
    The Furygan stuff is pretty comfortable, but yes you wouldn't wear it off the bike.

I don't like base layers myself- much prefer being able to take the jacket off and I'm down to my t-shirt.
    I may be about to sign up for my DAS.  Only problem is the paying for it, so it's either really soon, or next month.  Guess I'll have to start learning all the theory crap.

A tip that might help.
    I didn't read the book- I tired a couple of times but it is dull as fuck.
    I found it  better to get the AA Motorcycle iPad app and just sat doing the tests over and over.

edited July 2014
    octatonic said:
    I don't like base layers myself- much prefer being able to take the jacket off and I'm down to my t-shirt.
    A tee is a base layer for me ;)
    octatonic said:
    A tee is a base layer for me ;)
    You know what I mean- the whole layering thing.
    Mind you, I am not riding for hours in the rain.

I'm struggling to find a good jacket for days like today- where it is hot and humid.
    The best one is the Furygan Titan with all the lining taken out and the vents open.
    edited July 2014
    That's the challenge - 4 days on the road on a single-seater with no panniers on the Continent in the the height of summer, yet I have to find, and lug along, a zippable 2-piece  for the track day.  What is required is a lightweight, flexible, waterproof suit which is not over-armoured and doesn't cost more than the holiday itself (a grand for a riding suit ? BMW are taking the p*ss).

Could be a good business idea though maybe?
    I just booked my DAS.
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
    I just booked my DAS.
    Nice one.
    When for?