Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Show us your Jazzmasters!

What's Hot

Comments

• https://www.gbmusic.co.uk/

PA Hire and Event Management
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Henry approves! :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Necro-bump!

Here’s my recently acquired TVL model - my first JM! I’m in love with the neck pickup, but the bridge isn’t working for me - what do y’all use to fatten these up somewhat? JM90s? WRHBs?
    I've got a set of Creamery Jazzmaster-sized WRHBs in mine, which sound great. I'm not sure how a single one in the bridge would balance against the standard JM in the neck though. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Squier 40th Anniversary

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Necro-bump!

Here’s my recently acquired TVL model - my first JM! I’m in love with the neck pickup, but the bridge isn’t working for me - what do y’all use to fatten these up somewhat? JM90s? WRHBs?
    I've got a set of Creamery Jazzmaster-sized WRHBs in mine, which sound great. I'm not sure how a single one in the bridge would balance against the standard JM in the neck though. 
    Aye, that’s one of my concerns about a mixed set too tbh - I don’t mind putting a WRHB set in there or similar if the neck doesn’t change drastically, but that would somewhat defeat the point for me :mrgreen: 

Are your WRHBs CuNiFe ones at all? It seems they’re now available at a lot of builders for a small-ish premium
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2878
    Squier 40th Anniversary

Me too. 
  • Necro-bump!

I have the Fender full-size cunife WRHBs in one of my JMs. They're really good though I haven't quite got my head around how to get the best out of them yet.

Also, don't disregard the Tone control on JMs. Bridge pickup with tone on 7 is a glorious noise. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ewalewal Frets: 2587
    Necro-bump!

Aye, that’s one of my concerns about a mixed set too tbh - I don’t mind putting a WRHB set in there or similar if the neck doesn’t change drastically, but that would somewhat defeat the point for me :mrgreen: 

Are your WRHBs CuNiFe ones at all? It seems they’re now available at a lot of builders for a small-ish premium
    Mojo Pickups do a JM overwound bridge pickup which might be what you need. I never use bridge pickup by itself, so not really an expert. But it combines nicely with his normal JM neck pickup. He also does JM sized WRHBs.

The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
  • impmann said:
    There are some lovely Jazzmasters on here...
    My '62 AVRI with Mojo pickups (slightly overwound bridge pickup), Mastery bridge and Staytrem arm/collet. I keep thinking I ought to swap out the Corned-Beef-alike pickguard for something less nasty...

Screw the Jazzmasters, everything else musical in this photo is amazing............. actually don't screw the Jazzmaster, maybe just put a white scratch plate on it 
  • Partscaster build:

@GoldenEraGuitars body and neck, Gotoh locking tuners, AVRI bridge and trem, Kinman Surfmaster (bridge) and Brightmaster (neck) pickups, Staytrem arm. Nice!

Currently in dock to replace the scratchplate with a mint green one.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DumodalDumodal Frets: 490
    The Sparkle Jazzblaster!

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Just fitted a new Lava guard to my AV65, so as good a time to post as any 

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ewal said:
    Necro-bump!

Mojo Pickups do a JM overwound bridge pickup which might be what you need. I never use bridge pickup by itself, so not really an expert. But it combines nicely with his normal JM neck pickup. He also does JM sized WRHBs.

Yep, Marc’s my go-to choice for all things pickups and it’s his sets that I’ve been primarily looking at. :)

@Dumodal - that thing is stunning!
  • DumodalDumodal Frets: 490
    ewal said:
    Necro-bump!

Yep, Marc’s my go-to choice for all things pickups and it’s his sets that I’ve been primarily looking at. :)

@Dumodal - that thing is stunning!
    Thanks man, it sounds glorious, I really enjoy those CuNiFe Humbuckers!
  • Are the new round of Mascis Squier JMs still as good as the original run?
  • SunburstSunburst Frets: 128
    I know it's not a proper Jazzmaster, but I love my Fano JM6.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/eXYjzp1ggjxqp1es6

• I should put my latest here too...

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28416
    Dumodal said:
    The Sparkle Jazzblaster!

Yes. Very yes. 

The first time I've seen a mint scratchplate and not disliked it. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • freakboy1610freakboy1610 Frets: 1210
    edited November 2023
    Link to my trading feedback
  • 0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom