Coda Music (really don't) SUCK!

What's Hot
LooseMooseLooseMoose Frets: 910
edited December 2015 in Amps
Is this what they call service?

Yamaha THR10 ordered on Tuesday evening after closing, cheaper than second hand Ebay prices...

...arrives at 10am today (Thursday) very well packed and working perfectly?

WHAT THE HELL? I was expecting to be able to have a good complain about how the festive season messes everything up, stupid couriers etc.

I've got nothing. Consider me 110% satisfied - well done Coda, you suck at giving me reasons to complain.

I'm off to stand in the post office queues to re-dress the balance
25reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Lol!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    They offered me a discount on a Gibson BB King once. I responded by saying I'd take two guitars. They knocked a further 10% off both. Bastards.
    3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72669
    They knocked £700 off the price of a new PRS I wanted because it had a small dent in it. When I asked if they could dent it again and knock off another £700 they said no! What a cheek. Then just to rub it in they set it up the way I wanted and delivered it the next day.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • To make matters even worse, like they could be any more sucky, they have decided to give 10% off all custom shop fenders that aren't already reduced and 15% off epiphones!! I mean, its just flat out rude!!
  • They once got one of their sales team to donate a kidney to my puppy after I mentioned he was really sick and needed a transplant.  All I had brought was a capo too. 
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yeah, I'm having a bad complaining experience at the moment - they had an SG for a great price, I made a cheeky offer, they accepted and posted it to me in Switzerland, discounting the VAT. Not only that they answered all my questions quickly.

Where's the fun in that! :(
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27697
    @loosemoose - given how Google indexes our content, you might want to consider changing the title of the thread, otherwise it could be read out of context.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7571
    TTony said:
    @loosemoose - given how Google indexes our content, you might want to consider changing the title of the thread, otherwise it could be read out of context.
    It's more likely to work as clickbait and get read I'd have thought
    Red ones are better. 
  • FezFez Frets: 536
    This thread made me laugh more than anything that's been on telly this week. Nice one Coda.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28347
    I have a genuine complaint - Come back to Luton!!!! PLEEEEEASEEEE!!!!
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1633
    Always had great service when I've ordered from them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • andyozandyoz Frets: 718
    I had been all set to order a new K-Line Tele off them in 2016 when up pops a personal email letting me know they had just had a beauty traded in...(before it was even up on their website).
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    TTony said:

Love this thread but I did have that thought too.
  • AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1278
    They have so many great guitars and give such good discounts and service on used gear.

Bastards!
  • Doug offered me a further discount on a secondhand guitar a few weeks back.

The cheek of the fella
  • They once got one of their sales team to donate a kidney to my puppy after I mentioned he was really sick and needed a transplant.  All I had brought was a capo too. 
    It's the reverse of the Music Ground experience. You'd go there to buy a capo and come out minus a kidney. 

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4729
    Outrageous isn't it...all that consumer legislation, sale of goods and services act, Watch Dog, Which etc. And yet Coda has the downright temmerity to provide great service and keen prices and completely waste all that good consumer protection.  I mean what type of example is that for all the other music stores - it can bring the whole darned industry into repute!   >:D<
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    One of the best for sure. I have one massive complaint though....other side of the flipping country to me! Bastards.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • flatoutflatout Frets: 16
    Yeah! Went to their acoustic showroom to try a £300 Sigma - they left me alone to try everything in the shop, literally forcing me to leave having bought a £500 Taylor! Despicable!
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    They have the temerity to offer the best trade-in deals around too.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom