Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What's the most ridiculous lowball/swap offer you've ever received..?

What's Hot

Comments

• BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754
    Adam_MD said:
    hobbio;921478" said:
    stimpsonslostson said:

On the guitar front, I had a guy come round to buy my old acoustic. He offered me the full £250 value!

In weed. With my then 2 year old playing in the same room. I asked for cash instead. He was really nice about it and said he'd give me a ring when he'd sold his stash. Which he did and then gave me the cash.

I'd have taken the green, as long as there was more than 2oz it'd have saved me money in the long run.
    I'd probably have gone for some sort of spliff 
    Corrected...

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @Gassage offered me his Cornetto Strat in exchange for naked photos of @Drew_FX... absolute joker.  In the end @Holnrew gave me his left kidney, £4K cash and his entire collection of Razzle for them.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    edited January 2016
    Bogwhoppit;921490" said:

I'd probably have gone for some sort of spliff 

Corrected...
    It would need to be a bloody impressive spliff to swop for a £250 guitar.

Uploaded with Imgupr
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    I got offered a Peavey head worth £400 for my amp. Maybe it was my Mark V or Diezel Hagen, I can't exactly remember but I just remember a big deficit. He said he'd chuck in a pedal to sweeten the deal for me. Can't blame anyone trying though and tbh I find it quite funny.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 901
    Lewligan said:
    octatonic said:
    I told the agent that my reply was to say 'a sphincter says what'.
    I'm not sure if my message was relayed or not.
    I really, really, REALLY hope that it was.
    My reply to the agent`s `what should I tell them?` when a similar offer came on our house was `tell then to go buy a smaller house.......... `which the agent duly relayed with a smile apparently! :-)
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4055
    I listed my mint CS LP Custom for sale twice last year, a few months apart. The same guy text me both times... things like "1200 for the les paul"

In the end I asked him if he would accept that for a mint custom shop Gibson Les Paul. He replied... "depends"

I also got offered a Gibson 333 for it.

I also had a guy offer me £275 for a LP '50s tribute, the first edition, when they were actually a limited run and getting decent prices. Not only did he offer me that, he also took the time and advised me what a good deal it was and that I wouldn't get any higher. I think I got almost double.
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3086
    £300 including money for delivery for my JS1000.

Also, £800 for my custom shop Jackson. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31071
    Someone offer me a Spa Weekend for my Mum today.

Bearing in mind she's 75 I couldn't get a better deal so I'll be going to the Spa end Jan.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31071
    @Gassage offered me his Cornetto Strat in exchange for naked photos of @Drew_FX... absolute joker.  In the end @Holnrew gave me his left kidney, £4K cash and his entire collection of Razzle for them.
    Totally fabrication.

You offered me 3 pics and I played hard ball with you, and you revised it and offered one pic, which I still refused.

I do believe the guy at the Tussard's still has the pics.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    I've never been seen naked. You're both liars.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11406
    Gassage said:
    @Gassage offered me his Cornetto Strat in exchange for naked photos of @Drew_FX... absolute joker.  In the end @Holnrew gave me his left kidney, £4K cash and his entire collection of Razzle for them.
    Totally fabrication.

You offered me 3 pics and I played hard ball with you, and you revised it and offered one pic, which I still refused.

I do believe the guy at the Tussard's still has the pics.
    Way, way, WAY too much information.
  • When my nan passed away, we offered the upright piano that was in her house (old and big but worked as it should) for free if people could collect it or get it collected.

Had five people say yes please that'd be perfect for my six year old who's just started and didn't show up, then the final straw was when somebody from York (I'm in Birmingham) contacted me to say they'd have it if I would deliver it....

I got a quote, stupidly, sent it to them saying if they wanted to pay them directly we can sort it out. They went off on one saying they couldn't afford that and they thought the piano was free!
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• Drew_fx said:
    Arrrrrrrr...  Now it makes sense why Mrs FX kept asking @Deijavoo, @Bucket and myself whether it was 'normal' for western guitarist to make love with all their clothes on and whether our wives found it odd.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2486
    Market for Warwicks is terrible, but I bought a Thumb 5 string for £500 (£2300 new), and a completely mint Markbass CMD121P for £270 (£600 new).

I was offered a no-name 70s Les Paul copy and a Peavey solid state amp for my Orange.

Having said that. I've made cheeky offers and got good deals, so I don't get offended by people asking, but I just don't reply to the silly offers.
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • All manner of pointy headstock, sparkle finish, flood rose equipped speed machines for custom shop fenders and gibsons
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7907
    edited January 2016

Drew_fx said:
    Arrrrrrrr...  Now it makes sense why Mrs FX kept asking @Deijavoo, @Bucket and myself whether it was 'normal' for western guitarist to make love with all their clothes on and whether our wives found it odd.
    is it going to be another of those "we always did it in the dark / "he was always behind me" / strap on stories - is all the stubble stuck on ?

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I can't beat the "Photos of Drew" story, but I did have one guy offer me "£500 and absolutely no more" for my Soldano Decatone.

After I politely refused, explaining why, he said..."You're dreaming, mate. You should be grateful - nobody's going to pay through the nose for an amp made by a company nobody's every heard of, you're lucky I'm a collector and I'm offering this much."

Right.
    <space for hire>
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • miserneil said:
    octatonic;921263" said:
    So, so many.

Most recently a trader was posing as a buyer 'with bad GAS' for my Princeton.Offered me something like £300 for it, about half its value.

Eventually worked out he was a dealer- TTony banned him for having duplicate user names and it all came out.
    Same guy offered me £1200 for a £2400 Matchless stack.

Also had an offer from a member here to trade a £1700 guitar for some jewellery for my wife. Cash only, she can get her own bloody jewellery!
    hah! He has made that same offer to me and @impmann
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • LewliganLewligan Frets: 544
    Yep think I've been offered jewellery off that fella in the past too :)
    Check out my Fretboard Trading Feedback HERE!
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6842
    tFB Trader
    @meltedbuzzbox @Lewligan PM me the name, see if it is the same! :-)
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)