Calling all Lazy J20 owners

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• richhrichh Frets: 453

miserneil said:
    Wazmeister;937530" said:
    miserneil said:

When all's said and done, just remember Nalle Colt has spent all summer supporting AC/DC in stadiums around the world with 2 x J20's... ;-)

Bingo.
    Carrying on from this (as you know, I hate to let sleeping dogs lie..!) I went to see our own @bustercrab last night and he was using a J20 & J20H with a Telecaster and it sounded sublime. Rich, fat, punchy with plenty of cut too. He's playing venues with this rig that most of us can only hope to grace one day so, dial in the amp properly, stick a mic in front and rock out! ;-)
    I'd love to hear that. Where does he play or who is or the band he plays in?
    The Temperance Movement
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6841
    tFB Trader
    Could you just confirm that once more for us @richh?? ;-)
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monkey42monkey42 Frets: 341
    Shamefully I had never heard of this band but just listening to some YouTube videos they are a cracking band. Thanks for this
  • miserneil said:
    Could you just confirm that once more for us @richh?? ;-)
    TTM street team!
  • monkey42 said:
    Shamefully I had never heard of this band but just listening to some YouTube videos they are a cracking band. Thanks for this
    I gotta say, the recent second album is great!
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4991
    Why is the OP playing against the other guitarist and not with him? Apologies if this point has been made in other posts...
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • What about another option for more volume and headroom; An extension cab?
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    What about another option for more volume and headroom; An extension cab?
    Would that make much of a difference really?
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • richhrichh Frets: 453
    Sorry about the multiple posts, something strange happened when I was trying to quote another post, and it looked like it hadn't posted
  • ruomaruoma Frets: 67
    What about another option for more volume and headroom; An extension cab?
    Would that make much of a difference really?
    Well I just received an extension cab with a tayden and to be honest I'm not quite sure it's that much better. It does give a tad bigger sound and a tad more headroom, but the highs also get tamed a bit. It lacks a bit of the directness and punch. Also, the tayden gives it quite a different vibe. Less upper mids, less highs, slight bigger bottom, but a fizzier distortion. Unhooking the internal speaker and running into a 2x12 8 ohm total speaker however gives a much better result imo! But then I'd rather have a head instead :) Probably going to just look for a second amp, like a carr sportsman to run together. Seeing as the tayden is a different flavour than the blue already, I might aswell go all the way and have a true blackface flavour in combination instead.

I am however going to put another blue in the cab to try that out, as I think that will give a more homogeneous sound.
  • I use a Blue in the ext cab and a Tayden in J20. Sounds great.

Also, the Rambler might be a better fit for a second amp, imho.

• ruomaruoma Frets: 67
    Thanks waz. I also want to try the Tayden in the j20 itself, cause the cab definitely imparts a slightly bigger sound due to it's slightly larger size. Just have to find the time to do the operation :)
  • @hotpickups - so, what are you thoughts on the Sky King ?
    Just thought I'd update you @Wazmeister. That Sky King was amazing and when he left the flat I cranked it and it did sound great and very loud. Doubt I'll be doing that very often. The two ironman attenuaters work really well especially for a rhythm and then lead tone. Just don't have the money at the moment but it's still up for sale if anyone is interested ;)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/