Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Recommend two songs each please

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• octatonic said:
    I'd focus on doing humorous versions of songs about age/ageing.

Dub-Reggae version of 'My Generation'.
    Ska version of 'Mrs Robinson'.
    Metal version of 'September of my Years'
    Steely Dan's 'Hey Nineteen' done in the style on Johnny Cash.
    That's pretty cool! :)

We do a mix of popular ones but also try to do well known but less played ones like @ICBM says (his band does this and works well). 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3590
    At 50 years old they were born mid 60s and were teenagers late 70s and into the 80s. Look at the charts for that era and pick your poison.
    The old standbys like brown eyed girl and Must hang Sally are popular for a reason. Ask Birthday boy what he likes and learn it (or his g/f partner if she's footing the bill).
    Some stones like brown sugar etc. a beatles cut or two, some Quo, UB40, wet wet wet, crowded house,, Fleetwood mac...
    Everybody want to rule the world, Easy lover, Dancing in the street, money for nothing, Rebel yell, she sells sanctuary, alive and kicking are all from 1985!
    Similar era: I want to break free, time after time, Lets dance, Gold, Beat it, Love Cats, Eye of the tiger, Town called Malice, Final countdown (your in Toto and foreigner era too), Spirit in the sky, Sledgehammer, Its a kind of Magic, addicted to love, Thorn in my side, walk this way, Mony Mony, here I go again, Somewhere in my heart,

All of the period and likely to set memories afire for the party.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom