anybody tried Lazy J amps

What's Hot

Comments

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    edited February 2014
    hotpickups said: Rigsby said: I previously had a Cornford Hurricane but moved it on when I bought the Roadhouse. I've got a RH30 combo and like it so much that I then got an RH50 head. When cranked, they really are fantastic sounding amps IMHO. But once the J20 comes... who knows. All the comments that I've read from owners, say that they're the best amp they've ever owned. So maybe all the others will end up in the Classified section  ;) Blimey we've had a similar sound search Rigsby. Had a Hurricane then a Hellcat then a JTM45 then a Roadhouse and now a J20.

I have A CORNFORD RH30 COMBO AND A 57 DELUXE AND THEY ARE TOTALLY DIFFERENT BEASTS. -
    Caps Bad!

BUT - Play them in stereo and you get some tasty tones and vibes. To lighten both I use my PROEL for clean boost. Makes the RH sound more Fender and the Tweed like it has a Celestion Blue. The demo up a couple of threads is a typical sound when played with my 335... but my room is tidier so would be more betterer then...

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Would you believe it ..... a J20 has come up on ebay over the weekend! :(

Nevermind, the wait will make me appreciate it all the more.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The ebayer has no taste obviously :)
    Rigsby;159095" said:
    Would you believe it ..... a J20 has come up on ebay over the weekend! :( Nevermind, the wait will make me appreciate it all the more.
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    edited February 2014
    Starting bid £1600  ?? - you can get this spec new with free delivery for just £269 more!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    I know... madness isn't it :)
  • RigsbyRigsby Frets: 62
    edited February 2014

According to the latest prices that Jesse sent me the J20 with VAC is £1618 and reverb is £330 (hope it's okay to be posting these), so pricing is up slightly.... and these prices were excluding delivery.

Therefore I don't think the seller will have any problems shifting it at that price if someone (like me) is looking for one and would be spending that much anyway but you obviously don't have a 6 month wait and might get it for £348 below retail .... unless there is more than one person interested. Supply and demand 

Nope - I got my pricing from Chandlers current stock web listing... see below

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Not in the market for a £2k combo at the moment but, after reading all the glowing comments in this thread, I'm seriously tempted to fork out £40 for the Amp Factory Lazy J profile pack for my Kemper!

surprisingly, I didn't like those as much as the others I bought. I only added 2 to my favourites

The Fender toolkit pack worked out better for me

• IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    57Deluxe;159536" said:
    Nope - I got my pricing from Chandlers current stock web listing... see below

http://www.chandlerguitars.co.uk/product_Detail.php?ItemID=3901
    I think they might need to update their website...

It's a good price if it stays at £1600. I believe the last on on eBay went for close to £2k. Still a good buy for the impatient among us. I'm tempted I must admit!
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1563
    edited February 2014
    Just pinged Jesse about the Chandlers website to get the score. Like miserneil I suspect Chandlers website is out of date...
    /\

well just click BUY NOW and see...!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    /\

well just click BUY NOW and see...!
    Chandlers don't hold stock, so the pricing should be whatever Jesse is quoting now.
  • martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader
    Surely the 'J' in the logo should be on its side?
  • Ebay j20 just went for £1720.00 :)

Not a bargain but still a good price. Was it anybody here who bought it?
  • jaygtrjaygtr Frets: 218
    hotpickups;164442" said:
    Ebay j20 just went for £1720.00 :)

Not a bargain but still a good price. Was it anybody here who bought it?

Just wish it had been me!

I want a J35
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Which position is Blackface and which is Tweed?

I'm thinking back (away from speaker) is Tweed because it's maybe a little softer...hard to tell at house volume.
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    edited June 2014
    You know the 'voicing' switch in the back of the J40?

Which position is Blackface and which is Tweed?

I'm thinking back (away from speaker) is Tweed because it's maybe a little softer...hard to tell at house volume.
    Email Jesse?

By the way do you find you have to turn up the J40 insanely loud until you find it's sweet spot?
  • digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 3260
    I was hoping to crowd source the answer without bothering Jesse...the Facebook group seems pretty lively though.

I think it sounds sweet at living room levels...but if you're asking about a bit of amp drive: yep, that's going to be real loud.
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    I was hoping to crowd source the answer without bothering Jesse...the Facebook group seems pretty lively though.

I think it sounds sweet at living room levels...but if you're asking about a bit of amp drive: yep, that's going to be real loud.
    Well yes I guess I'm talking about the gig volumes. Could always use the Cruiser to help push it further I guess :)