Can we share live confessions?

What's Hot

Comments

• thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2326
    trying to busk the guitar solo in moonlight shadow,  a) the guitar intonation was out of tune, and b) I was drunk and c)not able to improv particularly well. it   is quite a long solo, and every duff note brought a wince from the audience and a sharp intake of breath from me.

don;t get me wrong i've murdered plenty of solos since, but that one does stick in the memory as a low point.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I want to put Summer Of 69 in the set. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • So so many starting songs in the wrong key. Usually forgetting to take a capo off or to put one on. 

The big one that sticks out in my memory was a theatre gig in Gravesend. Huge PA system where the boxes were set like a half pyramid. The other guitarist dared me to take a solo on top of the highest cab. No problem as they weren't that high. Well, not until you actually got up there. It felt like the top of Everest. Took the solo and decided I can't simply step back down the cabs. I was cool enough to get up here, I now have to jump down like a top of PA solo taking Ninja. I jumped. The crowd screamed in joy. I played the rest of the gig with a fractured tibia. The moral of the story is, if you're not cool, don't try and be. You can get hurt.

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

8reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I want to put Summer Of 69 in the set. 
    I really like that song and have never played it live. 

Not sure if that's a confession or a plea...!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • So so many starting songs in the wrong key. Usually forgetting to take a capo off or to put one on. 

The big one that sticks out in my memory was a theatre gig in Gravesend. Huge PA system where the boxes were set like a half pyramid. The other guitarist dared me to take a solo on top of the highest cab. No problem as they weren't that high. Well, not until you actually got up there. It felt like the top of Everest. Took the solo and decided I can't simply step back down the cabs. I was cool enough to get up here, I now have to jump down like a top of PA solo taking Ninja. I jumped. The crowd screamed in joy. I played the rest of the gig with a fractured tibia. The moral of the story is, if you're not cool, don't try and be. You can get hurt.
    I'm sorry. I lolled. 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Played at a packed family holiday venue a long time ago. It was a new thing to us as we were used to rough pubs and Workingmen's clubs. I'm getting a cold sweat now remembering it.

A cute little girl (about 4-5) is trying to say something to the singer. So at the end of the song he bends down and starts talking to her on mic. He says where are Mum and Daddy? And as plain as day with everyone listening through a huge PA she replies "My Mum and Dad have gone to heaven".

There was a deep loud OOOHHHH! from the crowd and I was trying to make myself disappear behind a mic stand. In all fairness he carried on without missing a beat... asked her who she was with and then picked her up and sang a whole song to her holding her on his arm.

It actually came across sweeter than you'd imagine. Everyone realised it was a genuine mistake, her family were great and really enjoyed the night. But afterwards we had some lessons from the kids entertainers. The most important being.... Ask kids what GROWN UPS they are with, not what we did.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • bignormbignorm Frets: 191
    I've had a few... at a wedding the best man asked if he could provide some background music by playing his iPhone through the pa.
    The plan was play 30 minutes of songs up to and including the first dance
    Everything was working well until the bride and groom took to the dance floor getting ready for their song and everyone got their cameras ready etc....
    Digital chatter and the phone rang loud as fuck through the pa.
    What was his ring tone?
    Everyday I Love You Less and Less!

Another wedding we played in a stately home that had two huge 5 - 6 foot in diameter and floor to ceiling marble columns where we were set up to play
    I struck a pose for the camera half way through a song by leaning back against the column while playing the solo .... shiiiittttt the frigging thing moved and I had visions of the whole lot going over domino fashion.

Turns out they were props that the venue had installed to dress up the room

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Not embarrassing, but annoying......playing in a tiny space in a pub, I had a built in bench at one side of me. Reaching the end of a rocky number I got up on the bench and jumped off for the final chord (as is sometimes my wont). On landing I knocked over a cymbal stand, which proceeded to put a small but expensive ding in my Lowden F23. Oh well they're there to be used..........
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PlectrumPlectrum Frets: 494
    @BahHumbug did you ever see the state of Eric Roache's Lowden? A little ding is nothing in comparison. My O25C has got quite a few dings and loads of scratches on it. And that's mainly from just playing it at home!

One day I'm going to make a guitar out of butter to experience just how well it actually plays.
  • @Plectrum, yeah I get that they get beaten up over time. This was recently bought and Jn damn fine Nick before the incident. I probably knocked about £500 off it in one hit.......
  • i misheard the drummers instruction to go into "hush" by kuula shaka and went into "Tush" by zz top, we do both songs but necessarily at the same time 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I didn't adjust the tuning properly after putting my capo on. I played Disco 2000 all the way through before realising my low E was a semitone sharp :( :)
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• Ben8010Ben8010 Frets: 150
    My guitar once cut out at a gig coming up to a (sort of) solo. I panicked and ended up singing the solo into my mic. Looking back on it, it was pretty funny
    11reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
    I sharted while playing the intro to Bad Love at a gig. Never played the song since.
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    Last gig found out my Rat was broken just before starting-no noise coming out of it, bit of panic ensued, told the lads to not start till I fixed it. Singer informs me the volume is turned down.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• PC_Dave said:
    I sharted while playing the intro to Bad Love at a gig. Never played the song since.

The Brown note does exist! :-&
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
    PC_Dave said:

The Brown note does exist! :-&
    I still clench at the thought.
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2400
    PC_Dave said:
    I'm crying with laughter at my work desk now.

My confession - when I used to use the G-System, I had a patch setup to emulate the keyboard bit on Crazy Horses. We start the song, which is basically drums and my guitar crazy tremolo whammy effect, so I stomp the pedal, launch into the 'Waaaaaaah, waaaaaaaah waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh'..... only for it somehow to be twice as loud as usual.

The glasses behind the bar were all jumping around. Had to stop the song.

Oh, and I had a massive nosebleed 2 mins before my first gig. Spent the first 3 songs playing with toilet paper stuffed up my nostril. ROCK AND ROLL!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10698
    edited February 2016
    I was in Paris once watching a covers band with colleagues, and unbeknownst to me my colleagues told the singer I was the guitarist for David Lee Roth and Graham Bonnet whenever they toured Europe and that I'd be willing to go up for a couple of songs. When called up and with the guitarist's guitar around my neck, and having heard the announcement to my astonishment, and seeing the guitarist's eager admiration, I'm ashamed to say I didn't correct them, I went along with it. :-O
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    8reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    @Viz, what songs did you play with them?