Show your Bicycles.....

What's Hot

Comments

• TTBZ said:

Suffice to say I'm of the mindset that bikes are for riding not for cleaning
    Therein prob lies your problem...

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1320/6923/products/904_Nano_Tech_Bike_Cleaner__1_1024x1024.jpg

littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2438
    edited December 2016
    @littlegreenman CAAD8 in Tiagra spec is BB30 (at least the current spec one is according to Cannondale)
    There are a variety of products that will convert it to a threaded BB which should improve the fit and reduce the creaking.

I agree if you don't clean the drivetrain every couple of hundred miles you'll greatly reduce component lifespan.
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2897
    edited December 2016
    Oh I give the drivetrain a once over every now and then but probably not as much as I should haha. To be fair I've had it since 2010 and only replaced the cassette once (plus new wheels). It's all just getting a bit old and weathered now! 

I think I got mine before bb30 was even a thing, it's threaded.

Sounds like I need a dremel. I just remembered have a 105 front brake I bought for it a while back actually, so maybe fixing it up won't be too much of a stretch.
    edited December 2016
    Well if it's nearly 7years old you're probably due an upgrade! If you had a car 7 years you'd be looking for a change
    The roads are appalling round here at the moment, grit/salt and a lot of the country lanes are just covered in mud at the moment. I came back from a 40 mile ride yesterday looking like I'd been doing cyclocross, and that was with mudguards!

Gradually getting my legs back after the month off, and still loving the disc brakes.

Weight is down to just under 75kg too which is the lowest it's been in a decade, although partly due to accidental calorie restriction as I lost my dinner doing interval training on Thursday.

Have any of the roadies gone tubeless? I'm thinking of getting some Schwalbe One tyres and having a tubeless setup.
  • NiallmoNiallmo Frets: 467
    It's not too bad here at the mo. I'm just building up the Pinnacle frame as my commuter. Better clearance for the Crud Racers and better frame size.  I just need the longer drop brakes (arriving tomorrow hopefully) and a compression cap for the carbon fork steerer and I think I have everything...
    Yep it's awful round here as well, once again I've gone another year without mudguards though, I just never get round to ordering them! Cant wait for a ride tomorrow, just had pretty much 2 weeks of solid work with no time for riding and I'm getting itchy, I'm like a dog who needs his walk once a day haha.
    Happens to me. I NEED to get out there. Luckily I can commute. Hopefully I can do the full five days this week. I'll probably get four days in.  I'd quite like to go for a ride today, while it's actually day time. I've only got the 29'er to ride due to the changeover to the Pinnaclr frame. My Raleigh is waiting for a new back wheel spoke at the LBS but the mechanic can't get the screw on cassette off!
    The Pinnacle is done! Apart from: put the wrong axle width bottom bracket on. I bought a 122.5 mm version. Took half an hour of trying to get the front derailleur to index for it to dawn on me that the chain line was out.  Picking up a 113 mm tomorrow.

its weighed in at 10kg. .5kg lower than the Carrera Vanquish donor bike. I can take another .5kg off it with future upgrades (carbon seat post, better chainset, lighter wheels etc). Looking forward to finishing it tomorrow and using it on Thursday hopefully.
    Pinnacle Dolomite.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v375/Niallmo/Bicyles/EC5FA0DA-3293-4B2A-B0E4-29FF66609BD4_zpsimc89wll.jpg

10kg
    Shimano 105 front and rear derailleurs
    Shimano Sora brifters
    Miche 57mm brakes
    Love Mud Bomber flared drop bars
    100mm stem
    FSA Headset
    FSA Tempo chainset
    Cinelli alloy in-line seat post
    Charge Spoon Saddle
    Shimano RS21 wheels with 25c Gatorskins.

itll get the Crud Racer 3's on it when I've swapped the BB tonight.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v375/Niallmo/Bicyles/D3E80909-C4BE-4C82-8DA4-2D7656381271_zpsxpsvcr1r.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Looks great, the red is very smart! Should have clearance for knobblies if you ever fancy taking it more off-road too.

I miss having a threaded bottom bracket, I'll have to bite the bullet and buy a bottom bracket press at some stage.
    Aye, knoblies when/if I ever get the Felt. 28c with a bit of tread!
    Who is getting cycling related stuff for Christmas?

I'm hopefully getting some bits and pieces, a new 11-28 Ultegra cassette to replace the 11-32 that's there at the moment, some new cycling shoes, a new rear light (maybe a bontrager flare R I think), and maybe a couple of other bits as well.
    I'll also be keeping an eye out for a Garmin in January, maybe an Edge 820 if I can find one with a cadence and heart rate sensor at a good price..
    edited December 2016
    Nothing for me I might treat my bike to a bit of an overhaul, sort the brakes out at the very least and maybe fit some new tyres!

Mtb needs new shock mounts and bushings as well, getting a bit worn I think. Don't think I posted a pic of that bike yet so here's one from the other week. I miss having a proper DH bike a bit but it's nice to be able to pedal it

http://i.imgur.com/LcbGH0V.jpg

Edit - can't get the bloody editor to embed a pic on my phone properly so apologies if there's multiple pics!
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LordOxygenLordOxygen Frets: 319
    edited December 2016
    I've owned this Burner since new, from back in the mid 80's.
    I5 yrs ago I restored it to this condition after pulling out the rafters of my parent's garage. Full respray, new decals, nos MX brakes with Skyway brake blocks, yellow chain is my favourite part, the wheels were nos Zytech mags. new crank and Sugnio chain wheel. Never did get round to fitting some decent pedals...

I'm too old and heavy to ride it properly but can still cruise around if the mood takes me (5 mins once a year)

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• My Cube MTB, must be 8 yrs old now, hardly used it :( 

Love Burners. I have a new school Mongoose BMX but I'd love an old school frame.  It just looks "right" with the older geometry.
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1770
    @TTBZ that's a great photo
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1770
    @LordOxygen nice burner! A few years ago I worked with a guy in his late 40s who had a garage full of classic BMXs. He used to get NOS parts delivered from the USA to the office to keep them hidden from his wife.
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • LordOxygenLordOxygen Frets: 319
    edited December 2016
    Thanks chaps. 
     My other half has now given up asking me to sell it to free up space in the garage, it's one of the few possessions from my Childhood that will stay with me for life.