What valve amps are you using for home use?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12450
    Blackheart Handsome Devil, on the 7watt setting. Still plenty loud.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 617
    edited March 2016

Main user Engl E650 100w head into Engl Pro 2x12 with Jettenuator

Surprising good sounds at very low volume. Same with a Fender 100w supersonic twin (on club 25w setting). There is a depth to the sound at low volumes on these big brutes that doesn't seem to be there other than on my RAT modded small combos.

And I've never heard the neighbours complain :))

• GassageGassage Frets: 31016
    The TOne Kings. If you see one 2nd hand, for a grand they're a bargain.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11650
    edited March 2016 tFB Trader
    I use either my modular Randall/Egnater rack through a 10w MJW power amp or I use one of the new amps that MJW are building me which are 10w single ended but plenty loud for home use.
    I'm having them made in a variety of flavours - Fender one shown here, but Bogner (Marshall-ish voiced one) coming soon.
    Martin could offer a Soldano front end or whatever

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DaiCappDaiCapp Frets: 135
    edited March 2016
    For home/home studio I'm using a Cornell Plexi 7, i have an old, old Roland Cube (not valve of course) for when i need to get my Tom Waits on, and I'll soon be getting a Dr Z Therapy...
  • mfinmfin Frets: 41
    Lionheart L5t-112 ...the new one that's china manufactured is not as nice though, I sent one back when I received it thinking it would be the original one and realised it sounded quite disappointing compared to other ones I'd tried. I then got an original one and happy days (a giveaway that's easiest to spot is the original ones is they have a real reverb tank in the bottom, the chinese ones don't as they have a digital reverb), the chinese ones don't sound as good at all to me, there were quite a lot of changes, it wasn't simply a case of where it was manufactured.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3431
    I'm using an Audio Kitchen The Big Trees into a matchless cab a lot recently.
  • FezFez Frets: 537
    Blackstar HT20 into 1X12.
    Marshall 401
    Marshall JCM900 1X12 Combo
    Amplitube for recording.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3482
    edited March 2016
    All this Lionheart L5T talk is making me really miss my stereo pair. I sold them both this last week to do a similar setup to @Van_Hayden. Got my Mesa Dual back, after selling mine a year or two back to fund my Les Paul, and I've also got a Reeves Custom 50 and will be feeding them both through a Suhr Reactive Load onto a Torpedo CAB and into two of the new Matrix FR12 cabs (eventually 3 for W/D/W)...it's going to sound blissful but until it all arrives and I get to try it out, my arse is twitching and will be twitching big style until I realise that it wasn't all one big horrific and very expensive mistake!

I'll let you know how I get on. But like @Van_Hayden said, it does mean that I may be able to use the amps I've always dreamt of using, in the comfort of my own home! Happy days!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922