Tremolo pedals??

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    I ended up with a Mobius dudes. Pattern trem is f00kin' aces! :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • therose789therose789 Frets: 467

Boss slicer?
  • therose789therose789 Frets: 467
    Ah just seen the last post! You made a good choice Drew! 
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    The cheap Zoom G1on has both Boss slicer and zvex pattern tremolo type models.
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

• lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    I love my Kingsley bard especially since it doubles as the most amazing boost and drive when paired with a compressor. A super simple mod can increase its speed too. The build is better than most amps. Incredible.
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2234
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    I quite fancy that, but a nice chap on this forum who had one gave me a review, explained it sounded great, but was actually a bit annoying, in that the boost function is separate from the trem - which isn't a problem, however the trem needs the boost to level the volume. Also the power draw is a bit of a monster.

the JHS honey bee has been really good for a two mode trem, and the BBE Tremor was surprisingly good too. Fuchs Cream De La Trem was pretty much the best subtle trem I've ever heard, not great for over the top trem though.

Vodoolabs trem is also nice, there are some really good trem units at really good prices and different voicings
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    I believe @Dindude had one
    Stop crying, start buying
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8540
    Moss said:
    I believe @Dindude had one
    Yes I had one but moved it on. I shared my thoughts to @darcym in a PM, I'll share it here as it may be useful to others

Good:

Very nice to look at and very nicely built, feels like a top quality item.

The Tremolo waveforms (there are two settings) are wonderful sounding, probably the best I've heard in a pedal, although it is trad amp style trem, it's not for extreme effects.

The switchable boost is VERY transparent, does not colour at all - very useful in itself.

Not so Good:

Requires 300ma to power it - even from a Cioks 300ma labelled socket it struggled, so I'd allow some headroom there. This is the main reason I moved it on as I can't justify that much power supply demand for what is an occasional use effect for me.

The trem, whilst lovely sounding was a little on the warm side, so when kicked in, it didn't quite have the lift you get from something like a Demeter Tremulator, which has a treble lift.

I struggled with the functionality of the switchable boost. As it is completely independent of the trem, if you want to use it with the trem for a bit of gain make up (as you know Trem often needs a little boost to cover a perceived volume drop), you have to switch both footswitches on and off together. I got around it by having it in a switcher and have the boost pre-engaged, but still seems a bit of a miss not to be able to select whether to have it independent or tethered to the trem on/off switch.

I also hated the feel of the switches, they are spring loaded and felt heavy and unnatural.

Ive since been using a Mojohand Bayou trem, and I'm really liking it so far (previous trems, amongst others, have been the Demeter and the Fulltone Supa-trem)

It's a very simple amp style trem, has a lovely tone (with a very slight but just right treble and mid lift), level control, and no fuss.

• There is a Basic Audio Throbby for sale in the classifieds. Id buy it my self if i had cash. Mmmm good.
  • Just looking around for Trem pedals. Tried the Hamstead and liked it a lot (I have their amp, but not with the trem built in), just trying a few more out before making a decision. All I can say though is that a big feature of that pedal is that the level does not drop when you kick in the trem. It just doesn't. I've tried it. The boost was added as an extra, and not so that you can make up the level as you don't need to do that. I don't know what you were doing wrong.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    tabbycat said:

common sound's 'tremulus lune' or culture jam's 'shoot the moon' tremolo have pulse-width and more besides, but they are pcb builds not buys. but if a builder here has one they don't want, or can give you a build price that comes in under budget, you may get one. that's the only tremolo i have that covers the criteria you have given.

I've got one I could part with. Brand new build too (literally only a few weeks old and barely used beyond testing)... It's an STM2 with some added mods to allow it to go more extreme and get more sounds from it.
  • I really love my Diamond TRM1 Tremolo. 100% analogue path with some extra digital wizardry for extras like tap tempo and footswitchable double time, tap tempo and footswitchable double speed mode, user selectable waveforms (sharkfin, sinewave, square wave and ‘chop’), timing accents (3/4, 6/8, 2/4 and 4/4), rhythmic trem mode, ‘chaos’ mode (random speeds with any waveform).

Here's a cracking review by Henning Pauly: