Vox AC30 Gumtree How not to sell an amp!

What's Hot

Comments

• CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4309
    I'm tempted to say I bought Frederico's sister a few years back, and I can re offer her as a sweetener to a deal. 2 owners. Good condition. Very little wear. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • wolsnahwolsnah Frets: 190
    ragingben said:
    Are you sure his name is really Steve and not Tony McKenzie?
    Don't go ragging on Tony, his heart is in the right place.

What's the beef with Tony? I bought an amp from him a couple of years back and seemed a really nice bloke.

It amazes me how unwilling people can be to help themselves sell something. I had a lovely chap drive all the way from Brighton to buy an amp of mine after discussions around my Gumtree ad. Ended up doing videos for him and taking more photos as I was interested in selling it and he was very polite in his questions.

Steve (from Derby(shire) not the one being talked about)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • wolsnah said:
    ragingben said:
    Are you sure his name is really Steve and not Tony McKenzie?
    Don't go ragging on Tony, his heart is in the right place.

What's the beef with Tony? I bought an amp from him a couple of years back and seemed a really nice bloke.

It amazes me how unwilling people can be to help themselves sell something. I had a lovely chap drive all the way from Brighton to buy an amp of mine after discussions around my Gumtree ad. Ended up doing videos for him and taking more photos as I was interested in selling it and he was very polite in his questions.

Steve (from Derby(shire) not the one being talked about)

Hello Tony:) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    Tony Mackenzie really upset the Fractal gang and tbh it was hilarious :) especially as his comment was very well justified. I've had good deals on Gumtree but I agree that some sellers are either unhelpful or delusional on prices 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803

Cant find this on Gumtree. Anyone got a link?

Cheers

**Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Nikko said:

Cheers

http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/110469645/vox-vintage-valve-amplifier.html
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Oh boy! The seller's cage well and truly rattled. Not long after I received what I thought his last message, came this:

You are a TOTAL Idiot and do not appreciate, I am dictating the terms of my trades and swaps. YOU are the one who is grossly pig ignorant or PLAIN STUPID in of understanding plain English
    I said several times, and you only want to DICTATE what YOU want as a response.
    NOW BUGGER OFF as I don't like your attitude and yes YOU are the kind of total idiot who cannot get it into your head what you had to do to continue a fruitful discussion. Must be your poor IQ.
    I DONT DEAL WITH CERTAIN INDIVIDUALS as am VERY fussy about the kind of person I deal with timewasters I have to put up with, at least other people tell me from the outset what they are offering and THEN ask questions. 
    YOU of all people are with EGO and don't like to be TOLD that you are doing it the wrong, DEMANDING ANSWERS ETC before I will discuss details on my amp etc.and don't pay attention to my requirements 
    AM I BOTHERED ABOUT LOSING YOU ???????????? Read my lips I am turning down many great offers and been advertising this amp for 5 years at least ,because the items offered ARE NOT on my shopping list, and I can VIRTUALLY GUARANTEE you have NOT got what I want or am looking for,.......and as I said am VERY FUSSY as to the kind of person I deal with, and YOU have revealed yourself in full as NOT THAT PERSON LOL. You blew your opportunities and I had warned you.

So go to a car boot sale and pray you can pick one of these rare VOX amps up LOL, in your wildest dreams you will never own one of these or appreciate your blowing a chance for it . What an idiot !!!
    and FYI I am NOT a business so GROW UP !!! you cant even appreciate a private AD from a business one, carry on with your meaningless wrants as am convince you lost the plot from your first email
    MORON !!!!

He's been trying to get rid of this amp for over 5 years ... and now you can see why.

You have been warned.

PS - he's changed his privacy settings on Preloved, so I can't get the last word. Hilarious.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    He will have been a cunt in the 60's as well. 
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    Alnico said:
    Steady, you need to be careful of language on this forum -

- some oldies like me get anxious worry when you mention the '60's...

... 'cos we can't bloody remember themmaybe  

hehehe
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1746

You never know he may have a super rare one of a kind prototype Vox that's the holy grail of amps that we would all scramble over each other to throw many thousands of pounds at him.

He may just be a very unreasonable man with a bizarre approach to selling things.

Is he still asking for £250 to secure the amp before discussing a final price? Because that's just odd.

I messaged him about 10 minutes ago, and he responded asking me what I was offering (without answering my questions). I went to respond to his message, and the page came up saying that the sellers security settings didn't allow me to contact them via preloved...even though I just did...did he change them after asking me a question?
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Voxman said:
    Alnico said:
    Steady, you need to be careful of language on this forum -

- some oldies like me get anxious worry when you mention the '60's...

... 'cos we can't bloody remember themmaybe  

hehehe
    Still recovering from the 50's were you? ;)
    fandango said:
    Nikko said:

Cheers

http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/110469645/vox-vintage-valve-amplifier.html

Thanks. That will be why I cant find it on Gumtree... :)
  • This is the very same guy....he's got quite a bit listed here
     http://www.swapz.co.uk/swapz/3932451/Vintage_VOX_AC30_125_watt_Rare_Model_All_Valve/

Doesn't like to show much of his guitars either I guess. The Tele looks like an 80s MIJ but hard to tell!
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9678
    edited February 2017
    Perhaps, if he's after swaps, I might be able to interest him in my rare Roland Cube 40XL 200W model. I've got a grainy B&W photo of something that may (or may not) be the actual amp in question. But trust me, I know Roland amps and you're all utter cockwombles if you think you know better, and believe this to be anything other than the ultra rare 200W version.

That's it. Don't want to discuss it further. 
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    This is gold. Please someone send a photo of sn encore strat or something but refer to it as a rare vintage fender les paul
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72371
    What's ridiculous is that if he'd described it honestly he'd probably have sold it by now, even at a fairly high price - but he's running the risk that sooner or later, high-powered also-ran valve amps like this are going to drop in value rather than go up. Very few people want heavy dinosaurs that don't sound like classic vintage models as it is already...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1279
    Hmmm, he's not that far away from where I live and his name is Steve......I may have an idea who he is. 
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3395
    Hmm, is he siraxeman from the flat earth thread?

His world view seems pretty similar.

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    no VOX is worth this amount of emotional investment!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>