Vox AC30 Gumtree How not to sell an amp!

What's Hot

Comments

• ICBM said:
     Very few people want heavy dinosaurs that don't sound like classic vintage models as it is already...
    Didn't you read the description? This amp sounds like an AC30, a Fender and a Marshall. ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3462
    Do you think he might actually be genuine.? Vox did produce some amps to accommodate large venues because the AC30 just wasn't loud enough. The Stones I think it was approached Vox and requested something louder, or was it the Beatles?  I wouldn't dismiss that he may be genuine, all be it a little cranky.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72369
    robgilmo said:
    Do you think he might actually be genuine.? Vox did produce some amps to accommodate large venues because the AC30 just wasn't loud enough. The Stones I think it was approached Vox and requested something louder, or was it the Beatles?  I wouldn't dismiss that he may be genuine, all be it a little cranky.
    Have you seen the pic? There's no doubt at all that it's a V125.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3462
    Could Vox have modeled the v125 on an earlier design? I just can't see where this guy is coming from, it sounds like he is clued up but how does he think he can get away with even thinking this is anything else if it is a V125? Unless he's totally bonkers.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16102
    Nobody messes with 60s Guitarists !
     Given that Vintage he is obviously even older than me and probably a bit cranky ..........just let him be 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72369
    robgilmo said:
    Could Vox have modeled the v125 on an earlier design?
    No, it's completely unlike any older Vox.

robgilmo said:

Unless he's totally bonkers.
    I think that answers your question!

Dominic said:

...just let him be 
    I must admit I don't really get the need to bait him either.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    ICBM said:
    robgilmo said:

robgilmo said:

Unless he's totally bonkers.

Dominic said:

...just let him be 
    Hippie!

;)
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• ICBM said:
    robgilmo said:

robgilmo said:

Unless he's totally bonkers.   Nobody is bonkers except the mouthy folk who slagged me off. My amplifier is a Genuine VOX amp from the 80's. its a 125W RMS Twin combo contrary to idiotic comments by some fella here trying to be smart in his understanding. When people discover that this amp i a monster of an amp they admit as have found here of not knowing about this model. Some guy tried to refer to it as that North American company model etc. What a load of Rubbish, they made VOX amps that allowed them to do so of their own designs capitalising on the VOX brand name but not the pedigree and quality. manmy are considered utter inferior cheapo crap. This amp is UK made and am an honest person selling this to a serious buyer , but notb the people who responded as clever dicks and displaying attitude and offensive behaviour to a stranger selling off his gear. Even referenced one guy was dubious about my Fender neck that I advertised which was a licensed Fender neck , imported new and unused neck that finally got sold for £ 450 to an expert buyer and bass player who was after that precise neck. So happy days finally for buyer and seller. So the idiots who doubted it's pedigree can eat their heart out at their pathetic low offers which I found insulting. Am very fussy as to the type of person I deal with and judging by the pages of this lengthy thread am happy at the sendoffs they got from me as problem folk with mental issue. I have never scammed anyone in my life and I dont care when my gear gets sold as it appreciates in value like my many vintage guitars etc. Not everyone here is an expert on VOX amps, and I have had many many of them over the years and this Combo is the best of the bunch. I even had a VOX AC30 in the 60's that was so rare it isnt even in the VOX leagacy archives. So just because someone has never heard of a model does not mean it doesn't exist, and tell me you good people, why would I ever advertised something that didn't exist ? wasn't real ? or could not be tried prior to purchase. It never ceases to amaze me how many clowns there are around that spread falsehoods and slag others off. I only joined to put the record straight regarding the troublemakerr in these ridiculously long thread surrounding me and my credentials. Shame on the folk who attacked me based on nowt !!! and  will not respond fiuther as have no interest in forums that are know always to be cesspits of misleading info and ego types who dominate them 

Dominic said:

...just let him be 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26608
    edited October 2023
    For the avoidance of doubt, everything after "bonkers" in the above post is from the newly-signed-up commenter, who doesn't appear to get how quotes work on the Internet.

(in case anyone cares about a six-year-old thread)
    <space for hire>
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    I might as well pop on too to say that I had a v125 for a bit last year purely out of curiosity and a curiosity is all they are. Eventually sold it on for about £200 and was happy with that as it was a charity shop find.
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7252
    I kept wondering why so many very old threads are exhumed, until it clicked that:

1. tFB comes up very high in Google search returns.
    2. Non-members are able to read through the comments that are in very legible formatting, unlike some forums where a non-Member just sees a jumble of comment boxes and images that don't show.
    3. Membership is free, so why not just join up and post something without looking to see the date of the thread and that of the last comment.

It's a real pain in the arse, because what looks like a new thread pops up in the list and I am half way through reading it, having sometimes given an occasional Wiz, only to then see the instantly recogniseable banned user profile image scrolling into view and realising how old the thread is.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26608
    edited October 2023
    BillDL said:
    I kept wondering why so many very old threads are exhumed, until it clicked that:

1. tFB comes up very high in Google search returns.
    2. Non-members are able to read through the comments that are in very legible formatting, unlike some forums where a non-Member just sees a jumble of comment boxes and images that don't show.
    3. Membership is free, so why not just join up and post something without looking to see the date of the thread and that of the last comment.

It's a real pain in the arse, because what looks like a new thread pops up in the list and I am half way through reading it, having sometimes given an occasional Wiz, only to then see the instantly recogniseable banned user profile image scrolling into view and realising how old the thread is.
    4. Sometimes, the admins approve signup requests saying "libellous comments" because it's inevitable that the potential new member doesn't actually know what that means, and hilarity ensues.
    <space for hire>
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2396
    Exactly said:

Nobody is bonkers except the mouthy folk who slagged me off. My amplifier is a Genuine VOX amp from the 80's. its a 125W RMS Twin combo contrary to idiotic comments by some fella here trying to be smart in his understanding. When people discover that this amp i a monster of an amp they admit as have found here of not knowing about this model. Some guy tried to refer to it as that North American company model etc. What a load of Rubbish, they made VOX amps that allowed them to do so of their own designs capitalising on the VOX brand name but not the pedigree and quality. manmy are considered utter inferior cheapo crap. This amp is UK made and am an honest person selling this to a serious buyer , but notb the people who responded as clever dicks and displaying attitude and offensive behaviour to a stranger selling off his gear. Even referenced one guy was dubious about my Fender neck that I advertised which was a licensed Fender neck , imported new and unused neck that finally got sold for £ 450 to an expert buyer and bass player who was after that precise neck. So happy days finally for buyer and seller. So the idiots who doubted it's pedigree can eat their heart out at their pathetic low offers which I found insulting. Am very fussy as to the type of person I deal with and judging by the pages of this lengthy thread am happy at the sendoffs they got from me as problem folk with mental issue. I have never scammed anyone in my life and I dont care when my gear gets sold as it appreciates in value like my many vintage guitars etc. Not everyone here is an expert on VOX amps, and I have had many many of them over the years and this Combo is the best of the bunch. I even had a VOX AC30 in the 60's that was so rare it isnt even in the VOX leagacy archives. So just because someone has never heard of a model does not mean it doesn't exist, and tell me you good people, why would I ever advertised something that didn't exist ? wasn't real ? or could not be tried prior to purchase. It never ceases to amaze me how many clowns there are around that spread falsehoods and slag others off. I only joined to put the record straight regarding the troublemakerr in these ridiculously long thread surrounding me and my credentials. Shame on the folk who attacked me based on nowt !!! and  will not respond fiuther as have no interest in forums that are know always to be cesspits of misleading info and ego types who dominate them 
    So you've not sold it, then?
    Tim
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DdiggerDdigger Frets: 2368
    The internet is forever.

And if you wait a few years, it percolates back to the top again.
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7252
    Ddigger said:
    The internet is forever.

Like sanitary pads, wet wipes, fibrous jobbies, and air bubbles in a sewage filtration basin?
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24291
    BillDL said:
    Ddigger said:
    The internet is forever.

Like sanitary pads, wet wipes, fibrous jobbies, and air bubbles in a sewage filtration basin?
    and big old fatberg!
  • ColsCols Frets: 7011
    @Exactly - just saying…

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/categories/amps-for-sale

One of the more kindhearted inmates might show you how to place an ad. There are, however, classified rules which you may not enjoy.

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/49023/thefretboard-classifieds-rules-v2-0#latest
    Cols said:
    @Exactly - just saying…

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/categories/amps-for-sale

One of the more kindhearted inmates might show you how to place an ad. There are, however, classified rules which you may not enjoy.

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/49023/thefretboard-classifieds-rules-v2-0#latest
    I don't think there's much point.

With each advert more people inform him (some not very politely) that he is mistaken in his view of the amp. With many people that would be enough to at least cause a little self doubt and to question themselves. Perhaps even to contact Vox themselves to ask about it and do a serial number check.

They could then easily show a response from Vox to prove they are right.

Either they have not done so, or they have done and didn't like the answer from Vox themselves. If they had received confirmation from Vox then I am sure they would have presented the evidence.

Either way it is clear that even if Tom Jennings came back to life and visited the seller and after a personal inspection told him that it wasn't what he thought it was, the seller would still not accept that as fact.
  • ColsCols Frets: 7011
    Oh, c’mon @fretmeister - it’s coming up for the 10th anniversary of this thread.  Be a sport and show the poor soul how to post an asking price and some decent photos.  

Just don’t criticise the asking price…
    Good point!