Clutch

What's Hot

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33801
    andyp said:
    Just ordered Robot Hive / Exodus... couldn't stream it so it's a rare unlistened punt... at £13.50 too.  ;)
    It is their best album- every song is awesome.
    You are going to love it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • andypandyp Frets: 332
    edited April 2016
    I like the sound of this... :D

It's meant to turn up at work tomorrow, but being away up here it doesn't always make it. I could've sent it home but then I'll not get it until Friday night when I get back. Surely it'll be landing on my desk by Friday for my drive home though. :)

This place is great.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33801
    Check your PM's.
    Cheers!

:D
    Just got a text... my DPD driver Gemma will be delivering my CD within the next half hour. It'll need to filter through the mail system but I should have it in my hand by lunchtime. Not bad!

Review to follow later. :)
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6392
    andyp said:
    Just got a text... my DPD driver Gemma will be delivering my CD within the next half hour. It'll need to filter through the mail system but I should have it in my hand by lunchtime. Not bad!

Review to follow later. :)
    Enough about Gemma - tell us about the CD ;)

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Just met the mail guy in the corridor, he's gonna bring it over shortly. :) I'm really looking forward to getting a listen to it after work.
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7292
    BLAST TYRANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    edited April 2016
    Well... what can I say...

Robot Hive / Exodus is simply awesome! I'd not noticed this one in their catalogue before as I've been using Apple Music a lot lately and tend to look stuff up on that before buying, the fatal catch is that not everything is on there. Psychic Warfare and Robot Hive / Exodus are two that aren't. Off the back of recommendations I took a punt on Psychic Warfare a few months ago and now the same with Robot Hive - and they are two amazing albums. Robot Hive has this cracking Blues / Rock / Metal hybrid thing going on with the organs adding a really cool extra dimension to it. This one will get plenty listening!

Thanks for the recommendation guys. 
    :D
    Tried Transnational Speedway League and Slow Hole to China today... and Beale Street at the weekend.

Hmmm. I didn't like TSL much at all to be honest and Slow Hole was pretty ok. I think I remember trying these two a couple of years ago. Beale Street is great.

Top 3 at the moment are Blast Tyrant, Psychic Warfare and Robot Hive / Exodus. I've got Earth Rocker and Pure Rock Fury too but prefer these three by quite a way. I'm working my way back through the other 3 or 4 (I think) that I've not listened to properly... Clutch is next.
    Sorry, but I'm liking this thread it seems. :)

Clutch and Strange Cousins from the West - both very very good and will be added to my CD collection shortly.

Is Full Fathom Five any good? It's on Amazon but not the streaming services.

Andy
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22931
    andyp said:

Depends on how you feel about live albums really!  I've got most of the Clutch live stuff but I listen to the studio albums a lot more.

You could get the DVD version - having the visuals adds a different element.

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6392
    Cheers chaps!

Psychic Warfare, Blast Tyrant & Robot Hive/Exodus ordered
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    Philly_Q said:
    andyp said:

Depends on how you feel about live albums really!  I've got most of the Clutch live stuff but I listen to the studio albums a lot more.

You could get the DVD version - having the visuals adds a different element.

Ah, cheers! I hadn't twigged it was a Live one. They have a lot of stuff out there don't they?! I prefer studio stuff in general too and have the DVD to watch from Robot Hive (think that's a job for tonight actually). I think I've distilled my list down to the ones to buy now. :)

But... I can already see me wanting to own all the studio albums, and that always leads to then wanting to "collect them all".

Thanks again for this thread guys. :)
    I'm now trying to source a new copy of Elephant Riders on CD that doesn't cost (relative) megabucks. Forgot how good it was, but it seems to be Import only, and some of them are hitting three figures. Looks to be around for £30-40 though, but the most I've ever paid for a CD before now was £25 back in like 1997...

Andy
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22931
    I suppose the problem there is that The Elephant Riders was on a major label and of course the band were dropped long ago.  I dare say another label will pick up the rights eventually.
    Interesting! I hadn't realised that. I know they were on their own label but I thought that was from the beginning.

They're a weird one - they seem very big in some ways, but barely known in others.

Andy
  • maraudermarauder Frets: 133
    A couple of months ago Amazon and an ebay seller in Germany had a reissue Elephant Riders listed for £10, for a release in mid March.  The release never happened, and the ads disappeared.  No idea what was going on.  I'm after it too.
    Aye, I think that something similar happened to me too. I tend to add stuff to my wish list and then buy them later at some stage. I don't remember what's happened but I was sure I had it on there and it was £15ish and when I went to find it, it had gone.
  • robwrightrobwright Frets: 738
    Only started listening to them recently - great band and respect for their DIY ethos! They certainly don't follow the latest trend! Would love to see them live.