Clutch

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• andypandyp Frets: 332
    I've been looking on and off for Elephant Riders for a wee while now, but not with much intent but prices seem to be very very strong for it - especially new ones!

A mate at work is a CD collector and recommended Discogs. You can buy and sell stuff on there, create a wishlist and whatnot, it seems pretty good. There were a handful of copies of Elephant Riders for sale but not many... one for £15 plus post but it's used (although "near mint")... I've taken a punt on it so will let you know how it goes - the process more than the CD itself. :)

Andy
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • maraudermarauder Frets: 133
    Thanks for that, looks like I've got one from Discogs too.  At last.
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12907
    andyp said:
    I've been looking on and off for Elephant Riders for a wee while now, but not with much intent but prices seem to be very very strong for it - especially new ones!

A mate at work is a CD collector and recommended Discogs. You can buy and sell stuff on there, create a wishlist and whatnot, it seems pretty good. There were a handful of copies of Elephant Riders for sale but not many... one for £15 plus post but it's used (although "near mint")... I've taken a punt on it so will let you know how it goes - the process more than the CD itself. :)

Andy
    Discogs is really good---but its basically just a record-based version of ebay so your experience may change one purchase to the next!

I use it a lot, its great. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22933
    I've never heard of Discogs, must investigate.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Still a terrible band.
    edited May 2016
    I can see totally that they are either your thing or they're not. My mate at work who put me onto Discogs collects and listens to all sorts of music - including some totally left field stuff, but he can't stand Rock or Blues. So Clutch are totally unlistenable for him, and he won't be alone in that by a long shot.

But what he does appreciate is the way they package their CDs and inlays. Each one I've bought so far (only 5 or 6) comes in such a cool package, much more elaborate than the standard isue Digipak or plastic case. Also, I've also seen other copies of the same albums packaged differently to each other. Weird, but cool. :) Only downside is that it's a total bastard getting into the CD with this kind of thing. Certainly no chance of changing the CD on the fly in the car, that's for sure!

Check out Strange Cousins from the West that arrived yesterday from Amazon...

The booklet at the bottom right folds out into an A2 size poster with artwork on one side and the lyrics on the other. The big thing you don't get with streaming and downloads (although I stream a heap of stuff now) is the artwork and all the effort that goes into this (or used to).

Andy
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • maraudermarauder Frets: 133
    Elephant Riders I bought from Discogs arrived Saturday, pretty much mint condition.  £11 delivered from the USA.

Haha! Mine arrived today from France. :D

Same - near mint but cost me more like £20... :)