Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What happened to the FX emporium?

What's Hot

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30295
    There'll always be smart-arses who think they know better than anyone else. I wouldn't put up with them socially so I won't be too upset when they flounce off the forum.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • ellangusellangus Frets: 250
    Bit long winded this on but bear with it.

I saw duckduck's ad for a Nobels ODR-1 and a Guthrie Trapp OD and was interested in the former.

when I clicked the thread link I saw he'd been banned, searched on Gumtree only to find 2 ads from a chap in Henley on Thames for a Nobels and a Guthrie Trapp with very similar descriptions and pic links.

I enquired about the ODR-1 he replied and was quite pushy about payment "someone else interested - but if you can paypal within the next 20 mins etc." I messaged him back after 30 mins - he replied "If you paypal me in right now and I mean right now…"

5 minutes later i got this message - "Sorry but I'm going with the other buyer if the payment doesn't appear in next 2 minutes (16:07), I need to leave work now and have to sort this before I leave."

2 minutes later - "Nevermind, it's now sold, I'm selling to the other buyer."

Then I noticed a seller on ebay (Location - Henley on Thames last night selling - You guessed it a Nobels ODR-1 and a Guthrie Trapp OD similar pics and links to the same places in the description, The Nobels sold this morning around 8am. (The GT is still up).  

Then, this afternoon I got an email from him through Gumtree saying - "The other buyer does not have PayPal and wanted to pay by cheque so the pedal is available again. I wanted to give you the option of buying before anyone else comes forward."

I have sent him a message back asking if he had in fact not sold the pedal this morning on ebay - no reply as yet.

Mmmmm - let me think!

Along with many others, I got Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer. Full details about his behaviour on this and other forums can be found on this thread. If you have been Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer, let us know and even if you haven't, putting a similar message in your own signature will help us warn others.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Sounds fucking dodgy to me mate.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27626
    Sounds like the ducks off to me.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    You'd be quackers to buy that, just as well he is off this eggsellent web(footed)site. :(|) I'll get me coat...
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    I also got my wife to email late last night asking if it was still for sale.

He replied at 7.45 this morning saying yes it is, with a nice picture of it in its packaging.

I'm not going to buy from this tit, but I checked his ebay feedback (94 transactions) - 100% all glowing and all the pics from previous sales appear to be on the same background etc.

Still no reply to my message about selling it on ebay this morning though ;-)
    Along with many others, I got Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer. Full details about his behaviour on this and other forums can be found on this thread. If you have been Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer, let us know and even if you haven't, putting a similar message in your own signature will help us warn others.
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    ellangus;1055961" said:

I saw duckduck's ad for a Nobels ODR-1 and a Guthrie Trapp OD and was interested in the former.

when I clicked the thread link I saw he'd been banned, searched on Gumtree only to find 2 ads from a chap in Henley on Thames for a Nobels and a Guthrie Trapp with very similar descriptions and pic links.

I enquired about the ODR-1 he replied and was quite pushy about payment "someone else interested - but if you can paypal within the next 20 mins etc." I messaged him back after 30 mins - he replied "If you paypal me in right now and I mean right now…"

5 minutes later i got this message - "Sorry but I'm going with the other buyer if the payment doesn't appear in next 2 minutes (16:07), I need to leave work now and have to sort this before I leave."

Then I noticed a seller on ebay (Location - Henley on Thames last night selling - You guessed it a Nobels ODR-1 and a Guthrie Trapp OD similar pics and links to the same places in the description, The Nobels sold this morning around 8am. (The GT is still up).  

Then, this afternoon I got an email from him through Gumtree saying - "The other buyer does not have PayPal and wanted to pay by cheque so the pedal is available again. I wanted to give you the option of buying before anyone else comes forward."

I have sent him a message back asking if he had in fact not sold the pedal this morning on ebay - no reply as yet.

Mmmmm - let me think!
    Remember, PayPal is on the buyers side.
    ellangus;1055961" said:

Mmmmm - let me think!
    Remember, PayPal is on the buyers side.
    Yeah but I'd rather not deal with shysters like him
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • lofiloop said:
    Goodbye Fretboard Forum, it was nice to be a part of you until fascists took over the emporium.
    Bumping this one so we can all stop for a moment to appreciate the irony. User breaks rules, flounces in fairly epic style saying he can't stand the place...

...then spends the next six months trying to create user IDs to try to get back in.

To Mr Adam Ross - be aware that we know where you work (using company email addresses in your fake IDs is rather silly), and we can see the IP addresses for both your employers and for your home ISP. Continue creating IDs to circumvent our ban, and we'll have no choice but to report you to both of those entities for abuse of service.
    <space for hire>
    14reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fascists for the win!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Hmm, I guess he won't be interested in my Large Beaver after all?
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12668
    Karma is a wonderful thing.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12383
    lofiloop said:
    Goodbye Fretboard Forum, it was nice to be a part of you until fascists took over the emporium.
    Bumping this one so we can all stop for a moment to appreciate the irony. User breaks rules, flounces in fairly epic style saying he can't stand the place...

...then spends the next six months trying to create user IDs to try to get back in.

To Mr Adam Ross - be aware that we know where you work (using company email addresses in your fake IDs is rather silly), and we can see the IP addresses for both your employers and for your home ISP. Continue creating IDs to circumvent our ban, and we'll have no choice but to report you to both of those entities for abuse of service.
    Jeez-us. Once a dick, always a dick eh? Not related to a certain photographer is he? 
  • Haha what a twat :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • What an interesting take on what "fascist" actually means, spouting the word petulantly like Rik from The Young Ones (but not funny). What a sack of arse-gravy.
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    What an interesting take on what "fascist" actually means, spouting the word petulantly like Rik from The Young Ones (but not funny). What a sack of arse-gravy.
    Fascist 
  • kjdowd said:
    What an interesting take on what "fascist" actually means, spouting the word petulantly like Rik from The Young Ones (but not funny). What a sack of arse-gravy.
    Fascist 

Chemist...
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    kjdowd said:
    Fascist 

Chemist...
    Bassist 

sorry. That was low. 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kjdowd said:
    kjdowd said:
    Fascist 

Chemist...
    Bassist 

sorry. That was low. 
    Woah, woah, easy, there's a line, dude....