Conspiracy theories

What's Hot

Comments

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26744
    MrBump said:
    MrBump said:
    ^ that's true, but also the point.  I'd never argue that modern medicine pisses all over alternative therapies.  But in this instance the better - and genuinely homeopathic - outcome came from homeopathy...
    From the sounds of it, the solution (hah...) was actually nothing to do with homeopathy at all.
    No, it was homeopathy - given that homeopathy is a holistic therapy, yadda, yadda, treat the person etc.  It's not just the dilution, that everyone (rightly) gets worked up over.
    Incorrect:

Holistic therapy is something completely different.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    MrBump said:
    MrBump said:
    ^ that's true, but also the point.  I'd never argue that modern medicine pisses all over alternative therapies.  But in this instance the better - and genuinely homeopathic - outcome came from homeopathy...
    From the sounds of it, the solution (hah...) was actually nothing to do with homeopathy at all.
    No, it was homeopathy - given that homeopathy is a holistic therapy, yadda, yadda, treat the person etc.  It's not just the dilution, that everyone (rightly) gets worked up over.
    Incorrect:

Holistic therapy is something completely different.
    And if approached with medically sound diagnosis and treatment a holistic approach should always be a good thing... even something severe like an allergic reaction to peanuts? epi-pen and a recommendation to not eat peanuts followed by more allergen testing to check for other things the overactive immune system sees as a threat... boom you not only stopped the immediate threat but also probably prevented any future threat... simply by viewing the person as more complicated than a single symptom.

If doctors didn't have hundreds of patients, waiting lists and instead had limitless time and money with every patient, I suspect EVERY doctor would be holistic ... you have a headache? Ok, how about we give you an MRI, check your diet for the past few weeks, take some blood tests and blood pressure and talk about your sleep pattern, stress at work etc. etc. and potentially a LOT of minor illnesses would be caught years before they were significant, and we'd all live better longer lives... but most GP surgeries have a 15 minute time slot per appointment (or less) and comprehensive testing, personal counselling, and life coaching all take more time and money than is available

As for the dicky tummy... if I say to friends "I have a dicky tummy" all of them, (I suspect, I'd have to test to be sure) would likely say something along the lines of "oh, what have you been eating?" ... that's not homoeopathy that's just very sound reasoning... but that doesn't mean I would recommend my friends instead of going to the doctor...
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12959
    Apparently Prince Charles uses homeopathy to reduce the use of antibiotics... In his cows.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2016/may/12/prince-charles-use-homeopathy-in-animals-to-cut-antibiotic-use

Shame money can't buy you brains Charlie boy.

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Apparently Prince Charles uses homeopathy to reduce the use of antibiotics... In his cows.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2016/may/12/prince-charles-use-homeopathy-in-animals-to-cut-antibiotic-use

He also uses Islam to make his dick look bigger.
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12959
    Drew_fx;1071483" said:
    UnclePsychosis said:

He also uses Islam to make his dick look bigger.
    He certainly acts like a big dick. Dunno if he's got one though.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12426
    fob;1069132" said:
    The only conspiracy theory I've ever had some personal interest in is the Voynitch Manuscript.

Essentially, a sort of encyclopedia from the late middle-ages that is written in an unknown language with with drawings of flora, constellations and such like that nobody recognises. It's almost certainly a hoax (99.999...%) but the tripping point for some is that the (made-up) language actually appears to be in the form of  real language. If you were to make up a document yourself and just randomly assign characters to appear as language, it would fall down pretty quickly under any serious scrutiny. A code of some kind then springs to mind but, again, you would think it would have been cracked. From memory, the prevailing theory was that it was a code based on some unwritten regional dialect - so the hoaxer writes out his shopping list, translates it into his made-up language and presents it as a mysterious document. I think this is why it has held some fascination for me; I don't mind it being a hoax, I just want to know what the shopping list was.

A friend gave me a photocopied version many years ago and I spent far too much time trying to see if I could discern soemthing from it - I've no idea why, the knowledge needed to divine anything from it would be way beyond me.
    I'd never heard of this and looked it up, interesting stuff. A British linguistics professor reckons he's cracked a few of the words now and it's not just made up gobbledegook. Hard to work out if it is a hoax or not tbh; if it is, it's taken an astonishing amount of work and intellectual know how, for no reward.
  • MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1134
    the McCann stuff prompted me to look at some youtube stuff (dangerous i know) but there definitely seems more to that story than the official version - and the 2 parents are creepy as f*ck

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    menamestom;1071038" said:
    Just been sat up in the garden, watching the contrails from the planes.  Yes, they do spread out and linger.  I guess the conspiracy argument is that this is not coming from the engine but some clandestine spraying points, because contrails from the engines disperse.  The question therefore why would they, (the conspirators), not just disperse the chemicals in a solution with a strong anti freeze in it? I'm not a chemist, but I would have thought it possible to release liquids or gases that are not visible, even at -60.  Of course the answer is it's all a load of bollocks, but if anybody is a chemist that might know about these things you could advise?

Try this:
    edited May 2016
    I don't know why that link won't show.
  • eSullyeSully Frets: 981
    Garthy said:
    It's a conspiracy. The fretboard are in bed with the illuminati and this thread was a cunning rouse to find out who knows what. There are men in black on the way to your house .... Run
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3349
    lloyd said:

I'm not sure that politicians are clever enough to keep big secrets like 9/11, aliens, moon landings etc.

There was 40000 witness's at hillsborough, and that still took 27 years to expose the truth that politicians and top brass knew...
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 5036
    lloyd said:

I'm not sure that politicians are clever enough to keep big secrets like 9/11, aliens, moon landings etc.

There was 40000 witness's at hillsborough, and that still took 27 years to expose the truth that politicians and top brass thought that simply denying and ignoring would eventually go away
    FTFY
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    lloyd said:

There was 40000 witness's at hillsborough, and that still took 27 years to expose the truth that politicians and top brass knew...

Everyone has know what really happened at Hillsborough for years, it's just the official verdict that has been needing to change-was anybody surprised when it was finally given a couple weeks ago?

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72642
    lloyd said:
    Everyone has know what really happened at Hillsborough for years, it's just the official verdict that has been needing to change-was anybody surprised when it was finally given a couple weeks ago?
    Yes - not at all by what was revealed, but that it was.

There have been plenty of other public inquiries which have come to official conclusions which the majority of people with anything more than the remotest interest know are wrong, but which are allowed to stand to protect those in power.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• menamestommenamestom Frets: 4727
    Garthy;1072148" said:

It's the thought that counts Garthy.

:)
    Garthy;1072148" said:

It's the thought that counts Garthy.

:)

It was a decent page about different contrails

• TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    boogieman;1072052" said:
    [quote="fob;1069132"]The only conspiracy theory I've ever had some personal interest in is the Voynitch Manuscript.

Essentially, a sort of encyclopedia from the late middle-ages that is written in an unknown language with with drawings of flora, constellations and such like that nobody recognises. It's almost certainly a hoax (99.999...%) but the tripping point for some is that the (made-up) language actually appears to be in the form of  real language. If you were to make up a document yourself and just randomly assign characters to appear as language, it would fall down pretty quickly under any serious scrutiny. A code of some kind then springs to mind but, again, you would think it would have been cracked. From memory, the prevailing theory was that it was a code based on some unwritten regional dialect - so the hoaxer writes out his shopping list, translates it into his made-up language and presents it as a mysterious document. I think this is why it has held some fascination for me; I don't mind it being a hoax, I just want to know what the shopping list was.

A friend gave me a photocopied version many years ago and I spent far too much time trying to see if I could discern soemthing from it - I've no idea why, the knowledge needed to divine anything from it would be way beyond me.
    I'd never heard of this and looked it up, interesting stuff. A British linguistics professor reckons he's cracked a few of the words now and it's not just made up gobbledegook. Hard to work out if it is a hoax or not tbh; if it is, it's taken an astonishing amount of work and intellectual know how, for no reward.
    [/quote]

The manuscript is a new one on me too.

It looks interesting based on a quick Google search :)

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• SporkySporky Frets: 28698
    I favour replying to any conspiracy theory suggestion with "But that's what they want you to think."
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    Heard in work this morning:

"Echinacea and vitamin C, much better than Lemsips"

Well you keep your fucking  herbs and spices and I'll keep my Western medicine thanks.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4727

I hate the vitamin industry with a passion. It should be for people who have real diagnosed deficiencies and on prescription. I don't think dropping 20 times the RDA of vitamin C is a good thing, unless you've got scurvy. Eat a fucking orange.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom