SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: PRS S2 Custom 22 Semi-Hollow.

What's Hot
Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 431
edited June 2016 in Guitars £
***SOLD***

I've recently decided that I'm going to move on a few of my guitars and try to get a second hand DGT with the proceeds so up for sale is my PRS S2 Custom 22 Semi-Hollow in Elephant Grey.

Get the bad out of the way first:

It has a few dings and scratches on the back, nothing too serious and it doesn't penetrate the finish but I thought it best to mention, you'll see the kinds of dings/scratches in the pics.

I have the tremolo cavity cover but I don't have the screws to put it back on.  I always take these off of my guitars and I seem to have lost the screws along the way.

The original PRS decal peeled off so I was sent an official replacement by PRS and I have since fitted this on.  It's not 100% completely straight but it's pretty close in my opinion.  Once again, you can see in the pics.

Now the good:

I'm still in two minds about selling this really because it is a bloody good guitar in my opinion.  It has a nice balance and whilst it's not a "core" USA model it's the usual superb quality fit and finish as you would expect from PRS.  

The f-hole isn't just a gimmick and really does add another tonal possibility.  You pull the tone pot up and you get some really sweet single coil sounds without a massive volume drop.  Can do some really nice strat style sounds.  

Nice slimmish neck profile with easy access to the dusty end of the fretboard.  Minor fretwear and no chips to the headstock or body, just some small dents.  

I'm sure it'd make a great backup guitar at less money than you would pay for a new PRS SE.  

Comes with the high quality PRS gigbag.

Looking for £450 delivered.  I'll do it for £435 collected from me, I live about five minutes drive from Heathrow Airport J4/M4.  Can meet up in Central London this weekend or any weekend if preferred.

Pics:

Thanks for looking!

Neil.
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17665
    tFB Trader
    Oooo love it 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    Looks a stunner. Not being funny but you'd be better of keeping it as a nice back up to the DGT. I seriously doubt you'd get anything as good for that money, £435 is a steal. Good luck with the sale and search for a DGT, i love mine to bits.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 431
    Looks a stunner. Not being funny but you'd be better of keeping it as a nice back up to the DGT. I seriously doubt you'd get anything as good for that money, £435 is a steal. Good luck with the sale and search for a DGT, i love mine to bits.
    Very good point!  I'm tempted to just shove my G&L along instead and keep ahold of the PRS but I'll have a think about it over the weekend.

Thanks for advice :)
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    What an utter bargain and great platform for mods!

Dam and blast this current financial hardship!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    Colour me very interested. Off to do some research
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2171
    Mate that is a steal!! I'm resisting the urge to drive up from Bristol to Heathrow tomorrow to snap it off of you! I'd keep it if it was me. Good luck with the sale
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    DrJazzTap said:
    Mate that is a steal!! I'm resisting the urge to drive up from Bristol to Heathrow tomorrow to snap it off of you! I'd keep it if it was me. Good luck with the sale
    haha!  Well you'd be welcome to swing by ;)

I know it's a great price but GAS is strong and I always regretted sending the DGT back over a silly fault and really would like to just get a DGT to accompany my R8.  So looking for a quick-ish sale.
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4162
    I'll take it.
    PM sent.
  • monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    Well that's just solved my dilemma.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    PM sent.
    Replied :)
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27674
    I'll take it.
    The old Si is returning ...

;)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2016
    ^ 7 years since my last USA PRS, now I've got two coming within a week of each other. :\
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    Congrats its a bargain and beautiful to boot! I would have had it myself but i just dont need it!

Congrats its a bargain and beautiful to boot! I would have had it myself but i just dont need it!
    It is a lovely guitar, I've had three S2's and numerous core models and cannot fault the S2's quality or fit and finish.  They really are superb guitars.  If I wasn't after a DGT which I have been after for the past two years, this guitar would not be for sale :D
  • littlethoughtslittlethoughts Frets: 639
    edited May 2016
    I'll have it! Oh wait, someone beat me to it...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I've been playing it all afternoon, it's lovely! Thanks again Arktik83, very happy customer here! :)
    I've been playing it all afternoon, it's lovely! Thanks again Arktik83, very happy customer here! :)
    No probs Si, was great to catch up with you and have a chat!  Hope we can do it again sometime :)
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    You are right though, confusingly both the OP and the title still say it is For Sale.
    I thought it was courtesy, and also in the rules, to mark *both* as SOLD ?
    Most (but not all) ads do it, if you spend any time in the classifieds.

Congrats on a quick sale Arktik83, nice guitar and a bit of a bargain too, lucky Si  :)

You are right though, confusingly both the OP and the title still say it is For Sale.
    I thought it was courtesy, and also in the rules, to mark *both* as SOLD ?
    Most (but not all) ads do it, if you spend any time in the classifieds.

Congrats on a quick sale Arktik83, nice guitar and a bit of a bargain too, lucky Si  :)
    Sorry ladies and gents.  It actually didn't sell until about 15 minutes before me and Si met, whilst it was sold in principle.  Sorry for any confusion and disappointment!  :)