Band/Brand Tattoos - Would you?

What's Hot

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28311
    hobbio said:
    For the record, I eat the damaged ones first and then consume the intact pile in size order.
    Obviously the damaged ones first.

I never got into sizing them. Hmm.

You have the correct method on the Smarties etc. As you obviously know.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22893
    hobbio said:
    Only here could a thread on tattoos descend into a comparison of who has the most OCD eating habits. :D

Oh, I'm sure I pale into insignificance compared to some people here. I just do the usual things, like separating Smarties, M&Ms and Skittles into colour piles and then eating them in such a way to keep the numbers equal. Apart from the orange Smarties, obviously they have to be eaten last.

Of course, when you do that the numbers of different colours are unequal - so do you eat the commonest ones first, until everything's evened up, then go through them in sequence?  It's quite stressful when there are loads of one colour and only a few of another.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    I even them up, and then keep them even until they're all gone.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

• TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    I've considered getting a Slipknot 'S' on my right forearm

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1383
    hobbio said:
    Sporky said:
    Sporky said:
    I might have the barcode for those Branston Pickle flavoured Mini Cheddars, but that's as far as it'd go.

Those were very, very tasty indeed, and when I worked in an office that was attended each day by a sandwich van, afforded additional OCD value in that I counted the contents of each pack and had an Excel spreadsheet charting the mini-cheddar-count.
    I so want that to be true.

Even if it isn't, please lie to me.

It's true - well, not the tattoo bit, I think it's pretty unlikely I'd ever have it done.

The MD of the place I worked at the time seemed a bit disturbed by it to begin with. After a year or so he wanted weekly updates on the chart.

In case you're interested, the norm was to have 31 mini cheddars. Typically around 28 would be intact, with the rest made up of halves or smaller pieces. Usually those pieces could be reassembled into complete mini cheddars. I didn't spot any seasonal variations of significance.

I already sort my mini cheddars and crisps into "Intact" and "Damaged" piles before I eat them. It never occurred to me to keep a spreadsheet on the numbers, but I might have to start now.

For the record, I eat the damaged ones first and then consume the intact pile in size order.

But have you taken the Jaffa cake challenge?
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    I remember seeing GNR many years ago and before the show, some random bloke had all of Axl's tattoos and even his hair matched and everything.  Sad man.  I mean unless it was him.  Doubt it though.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7288
    You should interrogate smarties before eating them
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7032
    tFB Trader
    rsvmark said:
    hobbio said:
    Sporky said:
    Sporky said:
    I might have the barcode for those Branston Pickle flavoured Mini Cheddars, but that's as far as it'd go.

Those were very, very tasty indeed, and when I worked in an office that was attended each day by a sandwich van, afforded additional OCD value in that I counted the contents of each pack and had an Excel spreadsheet charting the mini-cheddar-count.

It's true - well, not the tattoo bit, I think it's pretty unlikely I'd ever have it done.

The MD of the place I worked at the time seemed a bit disturbed by it to begin with. After a year or so he wanted weekly updates on the chart.

In case you're interested, the norm was to have 31 mini cheddars. Typically around 28 would be intact, with the rest made up of halves or smaller pieces. Usually those pieces could be reassembled into complete mini cheddars. I didn't spot any seasonal variations of significance.

I already sort my mini cheddars and crisps into "Intact" and "Damaged" piles before I eat them. It never occurred to me to keep a spreadsheet on the numbers, but I might have to start now.

• thermionicthermionic Frets: 9636
    If you are going to get an embarrassing tattoo fixed, remember, you can't predict future events.

10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Philly_Q said:
    I am so not a tattoo kind of guy - Hey, they look great on the right person, I am just clearly not the right person - but if ever I harboured even the slightest niggling thought of getting a tattoo, it was cured by watching Tattoo Fixers.

What a bunch of cretins they are on that programme.  Someone comes in with a smiley face round their nipple and instead of getting it lasered off in about 5 seconds flat they leave with some gigantic picture of skulls, butterflies and roses covering half their body.

Laser removal doesn't work like that, sadly.
    My V key is broken
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1383
    hobbio said:
    rsvmark said:
    hobbio said:
    Sporky said:
    Sporky said:

Where I get my motorbike fettled, they run a Jaffa challenge:

Top speed- time taken to consume an entire box
    Torque test- how many you can fit in your mouth in 1 go and chew through
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
    I'm going to try that this weekend.

Philly_Q said:
    Of course, when you do that the numbers of different colours are unequal - so do you eat the commonest ones first, until everything's evened up, then go through them in sequence? 
    Of course. That's the only rational approach - anything else would be crazy.

The exact order of eating, once the colours are evened up, is down to personal preference, but obviously the right order is to go by hue value. Excluding orange if you're dealing with Smarties, which are left until last (as already discussed).
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• Where I get my motorbike fettled, they run a Jaffa challenge:

Top speed- time taken to consume an entire box
    Torque test- how many you can fit in your mouth in 1 go and chew through
    I once did a similar thing with a 6 pack of Cadburys Freddos, I said to a guy I worked with that I could fit all 6 in the mouth at once and chew through them too. It was a mess, but I did it. And was on a sugary high for the rest of the day/evening!

Sporky said:
    Philly_Q said:
    Of course, when you do that the numbers of different colours are unequal - so do you eat the commonest ones first, until everything's evened up, then go through them in sequence? 
    Of course. That's the only rational approach - anything else would be crazy.

The exact order of eating, once the colours are evened up, is down to personal preference, but obviously the right order is to go by hue value. Excluding orange if you're dealing with Smarties, which are left until last (as already discussed).

Smarties and M&Ms - Order doesn't matter as long as the orange Smarties go last.

Skittles - Once evened up, I go red, purple, orange, yellow, green. Red and purple flavours mix well, as do the 3 citrus ones. But I don't eat each pile at once, I take 1 from each to keep them even.  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I'm not much of a Skittles eater, so I will admit that I had nor considered how the flavours work together. I only really like the red, orange and yellow Skittles.

I do actually feel quite silly about that. Colour order is important, of course, but it doesn't override the fundamentals.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22893

Interesting.  I agree that orange Smarties always go last.

Disagreement on the Skittles front, I like (or liked, in the days when I could eat them) purple and green best.  I'd probably go red, orange, yellow, green, purple.  It looks a bit rainbow-ish too.

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4918

It's time you bought that poor woman some new trolleys...