Band/Brand Tattoos - Would you?

What's Hot

Comments

• mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4671
    I have teh Pearl Jam 'Stickman' on my arm, Live on my leg and Placebo on my other leg and will soon be going to have the Neds Atomic Dustbin symbol on my inner leg and the Sub Pop symbol on my wrist..
    I also have the Pearl Jam Stick man on my shoulder 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4310

I always thought the Soundgarden Badmotorfinger emblem would make a decent tattoo.

I personally don't have any. I change my mind to often to consider having something so permanent.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• I have the "M dot" but just couldn't accept the corporate thing so had an M and a dot, ok, the pretentious thing...
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5382
    Some band logos make great tattoos (Snaggletooth/War Pig, as mentioned,  and I think the Black Stone Cherry variants have mileage too). However, actually getting ink of one unless you're in/involved with the band in some way seems a little over keen - honourable exceptions for the odd one where perhaps the image almost transcends the band (Snaggletooth again, Eddie, some others).

I've got one that's based on something a friend drew for me,  and represents some childhood nicknames. If I get enough willpower together to drop a couple of stone back to my target weight I've another in mind that again is a personal expression.

OTOH if I had a shitload of ink I probably would sneak the classic Motorhead war pig, a BSC version, and at least one incarnation of the Hawkwind hawk in amongst the mix. And probably the SoM/Merciful Release logo. Because I like them as images,  and all those bands have personal significance. Not as stand out pieces though,  it would feel a bit weird. 
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3067
    I'm having work started on a musically themed sleeve at the end of the month. 

I originally went to my tattooist and showed her artwork from about a dozen or so of my favourite albums... the plan being to take a bit of each one and end up combining them to make one piece of art. 

Tattooist: "Ok. Lets start with your favourite album of all time... what is it?"
    Me: "The Who Live At Leeds"
    Tattooist: "Great. What does the cover look like?"
    Me: "Errr....it's a brown paper bag"
    Tattooist: "Okaaaay.....". 

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3067
    As it is, Eddie will be involved, as will the Warpig and something representing the Pistols.  Might well have something involving PT during the white boiler suit/DMs/SG phase....
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6264
    to the original question: no, not ever. My skin, not branding it for someone else, go do your own advertising.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    I have the "M dot" but just couldn't accept the corporate thing so had an M and a dot, ok, the pretentious thing...
    I'm not a tattoo guy, they don't really suit me I don't think - but if I somehow make it across the finish line in one piece in Copenhagen this August, I'm 100% getting an M-Dot tattoo to mark the occasion. This is a once in a lifetime goal for me and not something I plan on ever doing again (I might do Outlaw next year though haha), and I'm giving up the next 6 months of my life to prepare my body for it, so I don't care how pretentious people think it is. It's happening. 

I'll probably become one of those annoying bell ends who mentions ALL THE FUCKING TIME that they've completed an Ironman. Second only to Vegans and Crossfit wankers in the "people who are annoying AF" stakes. ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    I'd probably be open to anything. I don't have tattoos, I like them a lot but my mum and dad would have hated them and the wife hates them. I have too much respect for those that love me to hurt them. 

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    One regret I have in life is that I will not be around to see all the bimbo'd Tattoos on old saggy women sitting in line in their day care centers dribbling over their boiled cabbage and mash - what a sight that will be...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    God, no! I don't like needles, I'm not exactly keen on pain, I can't think of anything I like enough that I'd want it permanently etched into my skin and I've never seen a tattoo that I thought looked good.

If I'm honest, I hate the f**kin' things.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • joneve said:
    I have the "M dot" but just couldn't accept the corporate thing so had an M and a dot, ok, the pretentious thing...
    I'm not a tattoo guy, they don't really suit me I don't think - but if I somehow make it across the finish line in one piece in Copenhagen this August, I'm 100% getting an M-Dot tattoo to mark the occasion. This is a once in a lifetime goal for me and not something I plan on ever doing again (I might do Outlaw next year though haha), and I'm giving up the next 6 months of my life to prepare my body for it, so I don't care how pretentious people think it is. It's happening. 

I'll probably become one of those annoying bell ends who mentions ALL THE FUCKING TIME that they've completed an Ironman. Second only to Vegans and Crossfit wankers in the "people who are annoying AF" stakes. ;)
    Hah! Once in a lifetime. I said that too, even whilst in the recovery tent. By the next day it was "possibly do another", by the tuesday I'd mentally signed up for the next one.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12371
    octatonic said:
    Bidley said:

Tattoos are a very personal thing, it doesn't matter what other people think of them.
    This.

I have a fair number of them- but no brands or logos- I'd want to avoid what we could call 'the Lost Prophets effect'
    If I was to do a band logo then it would possibly be the Strapping Young Lad logo:

but have no plans to do so.
    The lost prohets effect would stop me.  A mate of mine had the jamiroquai sillhouette on his arm despite my warnings.

I have a couple of tattoo's one a random design and one I designed.  I keep meaning to get another but haven't got round to it.  The one on my shoulder I barely felt, the big one on my back took 5 hours in one hit and hurt like a MF on the bit over the spine.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22895
    munckee said:
    The lost prohets effect would stop me.  A mate of mine had the jamiroquai sillhouette on his arm despite my warnings.
    Do Jamiroquai suffer from the Lostprophets effect?  I know Jay Kay's an utter tool but he's no Ian Watkins (as far as I know).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    edited March 2019
    I too have the pearl jam stickman tattoo, I'm also pencilled in with the misses for a slash tattoo if she ever gets around to doing it 
    Philly_Q said:
    munckee said:
    Do Jamiroquai suffer from the Lostprophets effect?  I know Jay Kay's an utter tool but he's no Ian Watkins (as far as I know).
    No but they could was my warning when he had it done.  Gary Glitter, Ian Watkins, Rolf Harris, Tiger Woods etc etc etc there is enough evidence to suggest permanently inking yourself with a brand/image beyond your control is folly.
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    munckee said:
    Philly_Q said:
    munckee said:
    No but they could was my warning when he had it done.  Gary Glitter, Ian Watkins, Rolf Harris, Tiger Woods etc etc etc there is enough evidence to suggest permanently inking yourself with a brand/image beyond your control is folly.

Can't help but feel Tiger Woods is getting a rough ride there dude 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    underdog said:
    munckee said:
    Philly_Q said:
    munckee said:

Can't help but feel Tiger Woods is getting a rough ride there dude 
    They were just examples of people who's reputation became tarnished, Woods is of course nothing like the others.
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4928
    I'm still regretting that Rolf Harris tattoo :(
    Yeah, the Gary Glitter one I had done on my right buttock is a constant source of embarrassment these days!