Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Have you owned your dream guitar from when you was a growing up.

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    Maynehead said:
    ESP KH-2 is my dream guitar, closest I've got so far is an LTD KH-602, in fact I've got 2 of them. I hope one day I will acquire the real thing... 8->
    Just an update...

I have now managed to acquire a real ESP KH-2NTB, so yes, I now own the dream guitar from when I was growing up!

And yes, it's just as good as I imagined it would be!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 2566
    Yep.  Finally got myself a Jetglo Rickenbacker 360/6 last year.
    New fangled trading feedback link right here!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1481
    There were lots of guitars that I wanted when I was younger.  The first two bands I saw live were Black Sabbath and Blodwyn Pig, where both guitarists played SG's.  Then I saw Uriah Heep and wanted a Black LP Custom and then wanted a white strat, when I saw Kossoff using one.  I managed a music shop in the 70's and so got to play lots of guitars and own almost everything that I've wanted, apart from one.  I always wanted a white SG/Les Paul Custom.  I've never owned one, though I've played a few.

When I could first afford a Gibson on the never-never, I made a very rookie mistake.  Gibson had introduced the 1972 vintage reissues and I knew that there were 3 models, the Standard, Special and Custom.  I knew I couldn't afford a custom and so ordered the 55 Special reissue, not realizing that I really wanted the standard.  The good news was that about a year later I was able to swap it for a 71 Custom and no money.

I've had a lot of guitars I should never have sold.  The 71 custom was one of them.  It wasn't heavy at all.  I have no idea why, but it didn't weigh much more than my friends 64 335.
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1058

I had this book too. Total flashback. Thanks. This took me back to being a lad
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2478
    Nearly, had a 71 LP custom, soon discovered it was an appalling piece of crap. Nowadays I play an Edwards LP 130ish, it's everything the Gibson wasn't. I also have the obligatory USA Std Strat, tweaked to my liking.
    Now if someone could find me Kramer Nightswan in decent condition that wouldn't cost me a kidney, I'd call it job done :)
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3322
    edited January 2018
    The 14/15 yr old me wated a fender mustang. 
    The 20 year old me got an old musicmaster and it was glorious so I saved and saved and bought a mustang and it was new and shit compared to the musicmaster so I sold it. The only trouble being is I had to sell the mm to get the mustang I was double gutted!
  • Chris Cornell 335 (olive green, bigsby, filtertrons). Nope. But i'd love to try one.