Stoner Rock

What's Hot

Comments

• samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    quick...get through listening to stoner rock and get to stuff like Sunn O))), Earth, Samothrace, Indian, YOB...not strictly stoner...but part of the general doom scene
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cbilly22cbilly22 Frets: 360
    Unida with Kyuss singer John Garcia

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • andypandyp Frets: 332
    Has anyone mentioned Kadavar?

Recent album Rough Times is excellent. :) 
    Kadavar are brilliant! I don't think of them as Stoner Rock, but putting stuff in genres is always difficult.
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2925
    tFB Trader

Good stuff @cbilly2

Been listening to All Them Witches lately, I like some of that. Liked Sasquatch at first but too much stuff in the same key, just did my head in.

Wow. That Freedom Hawk album is tremendous! Listened to it today twice back to back, absolutely loved it!
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22871
    So many bands I like being mentioned!  :)  I'd heard some of the earlier Freedom Hawk stuff and wasn't particularly struck on it, but that new album is good.
  • I was not familiar with Sleep until downloading the new album The Sciences. Man, they are like a pure distillation of Sabbathy Stoner Rock. Monolithically heavy and hypnotic. I gave up the weed a long time ago but I don’t need it to zone out to these tunes.
    I had not heard about the whole 4/20 thing until reading about it in reviews and it being the perfect day for Sleep to release their long awaited album.  
  • DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 2566
    The new Dead Meadow sounds pretty good to me.  Lost track of them a bit over recent years, but I think I like this...

New fangled trading feedback link right here!
    I had not heard about the whole 4/20 thing until reading about it in reviews and it being the perfect day for Sleep to release their long awaited album.  
    I'd never heard of it until I read your comment just now and looked it up.  :)
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    Sciences is pretty good...i didn't like clarity...actually, i only really like Holy Mountain and Dopesmoker...but Sciences is up there
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    New Sleep is alright - predictably everybody is going fucking bonkers over it because LOLWEED and 420 DANK RIFFZ etc but the actual sound is massive. Excellent production and great guitar sound...unfortunately I just find them rather tedious.

New Boss Keloid out this week though which EVERYBODY should give a listen. Potential AOTY territory in rock/metal circles, not just stoner.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    NAP - Villa. This has some great FX and textures to wee over... Great vibe.

Band comes from the same region as the epic Grobschnitt and if you don't know them then you not a true believer!

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

People keep raving about Boss Keloid but never heard them. Care to post something to get me suitably interested? 
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508

Probably the best track off their last album.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12901
    Dopesick said:

Probably the best track off their last album.

-cheers 

Doesn't really do it for me. Bit too proggy and jarring for me. 
    Have to say, I was excited to listen to that song... but I didn’t like it either. :(
  • OctahedronOctahedron Frets: 400
    Anybody check out the new Sword album (Used Future)? 

As much as I love The Sword, their heavier stuff is way better. This album and High Country (its predecessor) are just missing that "edge" (pun intended)
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5001
    I saw Hallas on Saturday. Mind blowing 
    edited April 2018
    Reverend said:
    I saw Hallas on Saturday. Mind blowing 
    I'd never heard of them, but I'm listening to their album now.

It's a really charmingly old-fashioned sound, like the last 40 years never happened... and I'm hearing a lot of Wishbone Ash in the guitar work.  With Uriah Heep keyboards as a bonus.

Thanks for mentioning them!

(Edit: now I'm listening to their earlier EP - it's a quite different, rawer sound.  Now they're reminding me of Valkyrie!  All good though.)