edited August 2016
    Awesome 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • baddog01baddog01 Frets: 8
    edited August 2016
  • lamf68lamf68 Frets: 851
    Deadman said:
    Cheers bud. Spray gun. Devilbiss GTi with a 1.8 fluid tip fwiw.
    I've only just noticed that comment, how in Christs name do you manage to paint with such a large tip??? I started using a 1.4 and over the years went down and down until I was happy with my Devilbiss SRI Pro with a 0.8 tip, I honestly couldn't use a larger one I'd have no control over the volume of paint. Have you always used that size tip? I know you do Car painting too, so was it a case if that's what you got used to?
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5006
    Gibson should contract you all their burst work @Deadpan. Stunning is barely adequate to describe your work.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3953
    I've used a 1.8 for as long as I can remember, so 28 years.  I've sprayed anything from a medium sized aircraft down to screw heads (with a tiny spot fan, good enough to write your name) just by reducing the fluid flow and if needed the air pressure. For bigger stuff I'd use an airless kit or 2 litre pressure pot so I suppose this has always felt small to me!
    Rocker said:
    Gibson should contract you all their burst work @Deadpan. Stunning is barely adequate to describe your work.

Cheers Rocker. Been in this game a long time and guitars are a pleasure to work on. Deadpan. Ha! 
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12699
    I'm not a flame top and sunburst fan... but that looks 1000000 times better than that god-awful white.

I wish guitar makers would embrace the fact that wood isn't perfect, and having a knot or similar 'imperfection' makes it look real and to my eyes at least, looks *better*.

Good job mate.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1802
    I keep looking at the white one and thinking will it look awesome and yellow in 20 years but when I saw this respray I have to admit its an awesome job and stuff the white burst. 

Really well done love the burst
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1802
    Also meant to say I might of missed it in the thread was the yellow base sprayed on as coloured nitro or as aniline dye as I have a Les Paul to do later in the year.
    impmann said:
    I'm not a flame top and sunburst fan... but that looks 1000000 times better than that god-awful white.

I wish guitar makers would embrace the fact that wood isn't perfect, and having a knot or similar 'imperfection' makes it look real and to my eyes at least, looks *better*.

Good job mate.
    Very kind and agreed on the knot saga.
    Also meant to say I might of missed it in the thread was the yellow base sprayed on as coloured nitro or as aniline dye as I have a Les Paul to do later in the year.
    Just yellow stain mixed with the nitro bud. 
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Good work fella looks great 
    Thanks man.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12477

That's a stunner, very nice work.

Interested to hear the pickup covers have changed the tone for the better, I'll have a go at putting them on my Sig T.

edited August 2016
    Cheers @boogieman. One warning if you don't already know. The Classic 57/57+ set requires 2 neck covers, not a neck and bridge. 
  • Fantastic job there!I have gold top sig T and don't want change,but what is about pickup covers,don't understand?
    They can apparently change the tone. I didn't expect any change but it's tightened the sound right up for the better.