Hodgson gone!

What's Hot
joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
Iceland was the last straw, he has just announced it post match

Deserves it's own thread!

Less brexit, more football! Then guitar...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Gone .. the Queen should sign a warrant for his execution ...

What a tosser .. can't even spend time with his team .. all about him. What a nasty little man ...

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Fair point on the BBC, it's a very telling point that Roy was reading from a pre written speech...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33802
    Wow.
    That was quick.
    joeyowen said:
    Fair point on the BBC, it's a very telling point that Roy was reading from a pre written speech...
    Says it all ...

Neville gone too, blimey

It's like labour
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    Well remain said there'd be job losses
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    +1 wis for

"Less brexit, more football! Then guitar... "

I didn't mind him. I thought he was better than Capello anyway. Not spectacular, but had us playing something approaching intelligent continental football. Just not the complete package. Look forwarding to seeing what he next coach can do.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33802
    We need a snappy title: I vote for 'Hodgone'.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    Hodgson was useless. Couldn't pick a team, picked unfit players, played people out of position. It's the best squad we've had for a long time but he totally squandered it. Should have been dumped after Brazil.

Why oh why didn't the FA pick Harry Redknapp, I'm sure he would have been brilliant. Too late for him now ....

Anyway, well done Iceland! Congratulations on a superb victory.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    edited June 2016
    axisus said:
    Why oh why didn't the FA pick Harry Redknapp, I'm sure he would have been brilliant.

Not sure if now is the time for jokes. ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    axisus said:

Why oh why didn't the FA pick Harry Redknapp, I'm sure he would have been brilliant. Too late for him now ....
    Wiz'd
    Call arry a wheeler dealer, see what happens
  • BabonesBabones Frets: 1206
    The problem is more than just who the manager is. It's the Premier League and it will never change, as it makes so much money. All these overpaid fairies much prefer their club football, where they are made to look good, through the service of their better, foreign team mates. I mean just watch these guys perform at club level and then watch them together in an England shirt. I'd love to see a manager with the balls to simply pick players in form, no matter which club or league/division they're in. A squad made of Championship and lower league players would probably yield the fight you see from the smaller, so called lesser nations.
    I don't think any of the Woy's England players can expect to be in the next squad. They certainly shouldn't be. Freeze them out, let them play their money bags Premier League football and pick real footballers instead.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4705
    Word has it he has a job already. Jeremy Corbyn has just signed him up as a cabinet member.
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3497
    Woy's failure was much the same as any other England manager.  

Tactically misguided and too much loyalty to players on reputation in place of quality/performance/form.  

I think to just point the finger at Woy is misguided.  Some of the players need to take responsibility for the team failing

• menamestommenamestom Frets: 4705
    Woy's failure was much the same as any other England manager.  

Tactically misguided and too much loyalty to players on reputation in place of quality/performance/form.  

I think to just point the finger at Woy is misguided.  Some of the players need to take responsibility for the team failing

Don't blame Sterling though. He can't help being blind.....
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5159
    Babones said:
    The problem is more than just who the manager is. It's the Premier League and it will never change, as it makes so much money. All these overpaid fairies much prefer their club football, where they are made to look good, through the service of their better, foreign team mates. I mean just watch these guys perform at club level and then watch them together in an England shirt. I'd love to see a manager with the balls to simply pick players in form, no matter which club or league/division they're in. A squad made of Championship and lower league players would probably yield the fight you see from the smaller, so called lesser nations.
    I don't think any of the Woy's England players can expect to be in the next squad. They certainly shouldn't be. Freeze them out, let them play their money bags Premier League football and pick real footballers instead.
    I'm not much of a football fan, so for all I know this could be the most ridiculous bullshit ever, but to me it sounds like a far more compelling option than another go round the roundabout:

Fail hard at international tournament.
    Blame manager.
    Sack manager.
    Pick new manager.
    Fail hard at international tournament.

Considering I'm nearly 40 and can barely remember the last time England did OK in an international tournament, maybe giving yet another manager the chance to work within the same systems isn't the way forward. 

Found this interesting. Not new news, but interesting nonetheless:

I wonder if your suggestion of using Championship players might allow the UK to get closer to what Germany did, since one of the strongest objections was that clubs risked losing success and therefore revenue by nurturing talent instead of buying it in...

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    joeyowen said:

Of course he had the speech pre-written. It makes sense to prepare for either outcome.

Why did he take Wilshite? Why did he insist on playing a clearly not match fit Sturridge down the wing? How does Joe Hart have the nerve to refer to himself as a goalkeeper? The list of questions is endless.

Here a biggie though; Who will be the next England Manager? As in, which managers are good enough and English?

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Heard the same thing about the England rugby squad in the last world cup in England. Humiliated by Australia the RFU did the unthinkable. They hired a foreign coach but not just any coach - an Australian who'd made his country world cup winners and had a proven track record at club and international level. The result? Essentially the same squad that were losers won a grand slam and have just whitewashed the Australians on their own soil in three tests for the first time.

With the right manager England had enough quality to finish top of their group and get to the last eight and maybe a semi-final - a different manager may have picked a different set of players. This has been true in previous years. The FA always seem to pick the wrong coach and coaching team. Roy was paid a fortune for failure.

He's an easy way to pick a manager - offer loads of cash and resources but you only apply if you've managed a world cup winning or Euro cup winning national team. Seems to be working for the RFU.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    Fretwired said:
    Heard the same thing about the England rugby squad in the last world cup in England. Humiliated by Australia the RFU did the unthinkable. They hired a foreign coach but not just any coach - an Australian who'd made his country world cup winners and had a proven track record at club and international level. The result? Essentially the same squad that were losers won a grand slam and have just whitewashed the Australians on their own soil in three tests for the first time.

With the right manager England had enough quality to finish top of their group and get to the last eight and maybe a semi-final - a different manager may have picked a different set of players. This has been true in previous years. The FA always seem to pick the wrong coach and coaching team. Roy was paid a fortune for failure.

He's an easy way to pick a manager - offer loads of cash and resources but you only apply if you've managed a world cup winning or Euro cup winning national team. Seems to be working for the RFU.
    He's not managed Australia to a WC win, he was assistant coach in SA's WC win though.

A few tweaks and England could be very good like you say-the thing is that everybody in the press and at home knows what an England boss needs to do, but they never do it.....

Sterling-bad decision, everyone knew it.

Wilshire-bad decision, everyone knew it.

Playing Rooney out of position-bad decision, everyone knew it.

Kane on corners-bad decision, everyone knew it.

We all knew these things before hand too, it's not jsut hindsight

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1