What's Hot

Comments

• DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5517
    Well that didn't work.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72418
    DiscoStu said:
    Well that didn't work.
    I'm pretty sure that's because you left the 's' in the web address - I've seen that mentioned as a catch on another forum.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

ICBM said:
    DiscoStu said:
    Well that didn't work.
    I'm pretty sure that's because you left the 's' in the web address - I've seen that mentioned as a catch on another forum.

That's the share link as given by the app. It's copied and pasted, unedited.
    Ok, let's edit it and take out the 's': http://imgur.com/pmZBzCA
    Nope that didn't work either, still posting as a link rather than the image. The app only gives a share link option unfortunately so it's not much use to me.
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    Imgur all the way for me.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

edited July 2016
    DiscoStu said:
    Does that work?

Edit: yes on the computer, no on the phone.

@RaymondLin - I tried the 'embed in HTML' link and that didn't work at all. What am I missing?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

@ICBM, I usually host on my Facebook page then copy the image URL to post on here which works on computer and mobile. You can't get the URL from the app though so I have to go on to Facebook's mobile site if I'm on my phone which is a nuisance. That's why I thought I'd try this Imgur but it isn't any better as it doesn't show images on mobiles and there's no other URL option.

Back to the drawing board!
    @ICBM the quoted image on your post shows up on my mobile but the ones I posted don't. What did you change?
    Ah. You've added .jpg at the end...
    Updated test with .jpg added to the URL link... https://imgur.com/pmZBzCA.jpg
    BOOM!!
    DiscoStu said:
    @ICBM the quoted image on your post shows up on my mobile but the ones I posted don't. What did you change?
    I added the ".jpg" to the end of the address. (If you quote that post you'll see it.)

It still doesn't work on my phone (iPhone) though… this is quite frustrating.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2016
    Edit: still doesn't show up on my phone…

My last test is working on my Android phone and my iPhone. I'm in desktop view if that makes a difference?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    DiscoStu said:
    My last test is working on my Android phone and my iPhone. I'm in desktop view if that makes a difference?
    Yes, it does. It works on mine in desktop mode too, but not mobile.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11878
    edited July 2016
    @icbm you need to pick the code that starts with < a href......

This is a screenshot on the phone's browser to get the code option.

Ah… but you're doing that from a mobile. When you do it from a desktop - which I always do - the 'embed as HTML' option doesn't work even if you use source mode when you're pasting it in.

What is the actual html code format that you need in order for it to work on both platforms?

• SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    edited July 2016
    If you put your images onto storage media....your first question is: How long will this media be stable and secure?
    If you use an Image Host, your first question is (presumably): How long have they been around?

I use tinypic because my oldest uploads are "still there". Unfortunately they are owned by Photobucket. But....they have been around since 2004.

The only storage location I would urge you to avoid based upon my own experience would be the Music Radar servers.