Photobucket Alternative anyone?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11878
    ICBM;1138886" said:
    Ah… but you're doing that from a mobile. When you do it from a desktop - which I always do - the 'embed as HTML' option doesn't work even if you use source mode when you're pasting it in.

What is the actual html code format that you need in order for it to work on both platforms?
    Same, the code that starts sith a href. There is no difference...normally I post from my desktop but I am not at home this minute so took a screenshot from my phone.

On other forums I usually use the BBcode but this forum, at default reply box setting I use the HTML code.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72415
    edited July 2016
    Same, the code that starts sith a href. There is no difference...normally I post from my desktop but I am not at home this minute so took a screenshot from my phone.

On other forums I usually use the BBcode but this forum, at default reply box setting I use the HTML code.
    I don't seem to have that option - I get this:

Edit: nope… still didn't work even with the href added at the front. Taken that off again for now.

Can you show the exact format for the text to insert? Sorry, I'm probably being dense!

But what I get if I click on the 'Embed in HTML' option is this:

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="fuvbcgg"><a href="//imgur.com/fuvbcgg">View post on imgur.com</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

… which doesn't work on either the computer or the phone.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    I use tinypic. Seems to work ok.
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 599
    Thanks to all for the suggestions - I've gone with an Imgur account, loaded a pic and shared it. I can even edit the pic. Hurrah.
    Bye, bye Photobucket!!

Still need to get my head around the HTML vs Direct link thing though...

Thanks again all. Bloody love this place.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Let's see....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Yay! Thanks @RaymondLin - pics now showing on mobile too! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2016
    So… if I use this format…

Does it work?

Edit: AHA!! Yes it does. Both on mobile and desktop.

So now all I have to do is save that line and replace the file code with the one I need each time.

Many thanks to both of you, that's finally explained what I was doing wrong.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

edited July 2016
    Now i am home now....I can see you guys have figure it out but basically...on the computer I use the default forum text reply box so the background is white (as opposed to yellow, which is where you can see all the code).  On Imgur select HTML (website / blogs).  You only have to click on the little cut and paste icon, as opposed to copy the actual text.  Then CTRL + V (or cmd + v for apple) into the reply box.  The image will show up inside the rely box when you do, not the text code.

Weird that the options and layout are really different on yours and mine. Maybe because I'm using an older version of Safari on a Mac?

No idea, I am on a Mac too.  El Capitan 10.11.5
    No idea, I am on a Mac too.  El Capitan 10.11.5
    I'm still on Mountain Lion (10.8).

I guess that explains it.

There is an alternative to solving this problem by using a direct link but you need to click on the Image icon just above the text box and paste your image link in there and the forum software then creates a proper embedded image into the post so it works on both computer and mobile devices but that is my last resort. 
    I've simply saved the correct line of html with spaces where the 7-figure image code goes. It should be a matter of seconds to cut and paste it now. Old-fashioned I know, but effective...