How many dirt pedals live on your pedalboard fulltime?

What's Hot

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    Gassage said:
    As of today: 6
    Board: P1 Muff, CC1 o/d ST2 Boost/eq)
    Rack: Rats, BK TD rack, BKTD pedal.

I like that you specify 'as of today' because by tomorrow it might all be different. :)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    DesVegas said:
    siraxeman said:
    DesVegas said:
    Just the two, rat into a zen drive but with a Klon pushing the rat

isn't that like err....3 then ?
    Im not in anyway referring to the Klon as a dirt pedal, it gives me no dirt. Isn't that what was asked?

I guess if your 2 dirt pedals were off and your Klon was on and you still had a clean sound then yeah I guess...if not then a resounding nay lad! :lol:
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LaurieLaurie Frets: 97
    edited October 2016
    Full-time hey.. My Green Machine handwired TS808 clone served me well as my only OD for over 8 years. Currently, my Peacekeeper is the only OD I need to make music. Truly remarkable overdrive! I've got a Gunshot and may lob it on my board in the future.
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4601
    siraxeman said:
    DesVegas said:
    siraxeman said:
    DesVegas said:
    Just the two, rat into a zen drive but with a Klon pushing the rat

isn't that like err....3 then ?
    Im not in anyway referring to the Klon as a dirt pedal, it gives me no dirt. Isn't that what was asked?

I guess if your 2 dirt pedals were off and your Klon was on and you still had a clean sound then yeah I guess...if not then a resounding nay lad! :lol:
    You got it. Crystal clean it is.
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    2. Thorpy peacekeeper and Hudson broadcast. Both in the loops of the helix. 
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8540
    4. Low gainer for edge of breakup type tones. Two mid-gain (which can be stacked for high gain) and a fuzz.
  • EskiEski Frets: 35
    2 - MI Audio Crunch Box (pretty much always on) plus Barber Trifecta if I need something darker - plus use the Trifecta as a boost for lead.
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Two - Suhr Riot Reloaded pushed by a Suhr Shiba Reloaded.   The two are always on together.  
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5163
    One.

I use the gain channel on my Lionheart for lower gain drive tones and currently have a Screwdriver Deluxe clone for solos and heavier drives. 

There's a clean boost at the end of the chain to compensate for enthusiastic drummers and suchlike. 

It varies depending on what I need for whatever project I'm playing in. The current board is a hangover from my last band, which was mostly folky/bluesy sort of stuff with only an acoustic guitar to compete with, hence the lack of fuzz pedals and shit.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MattGMattG Frets: 170
    I admit i have a dirt pedal problem....

Swart Atomic Boost
    Swart fuzzy boost
    Ranger Fx Dr.Freakenstien
    Rotosound RBF1
    Monkey fx valve sporker
    DAM Drag'n fly
    Providence stampede SOV 1
    Rothwell Heartbreaker
    Danelectro cool cat distortion

so thats 9 on my board at the moment, in my defence i use a single channel amp and no 2 of these pedals are remotely similar and they do all get used frequently.
  • Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 3058

A Tim and a Mk1 Guv'nor.    I think I only use the Guv'nor for one song though and I could probably just take it off the board and just use the Tim.  My brain has a hard enough time remembering all the songs, so keeping it simple is a good thing for me at the moment.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    Two - Suhr Riot Reloaded pushed by a Suhr Shiba Reloaded.   The two are always on together.  
    Wow that must sound brutal. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11466
    3 on my board (plus an MXR Microamp clone)

Tubescreamer(ish) pedal that I built
    OCD Clone
    Mad Professor Mighty Red Distortion

The OCD is my go to rhythm sound.  The Mighty Red is higher gain than that - can be used as higher gain rhythm or for lead, and the Tubescreamer type is used to push them a bit harder when required.  I can also push them with the Microamp clone.
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    peteri said:
    2 Klon KTR and Thorpe Gunshot. Tubescreamer keeps coming and going, but don't really need it - same with Spark booster. Fancy a Keeley Montery
    Do you have a klon either side of the gunshot? Or both before or after?
    Sorry - that reads wrong!

I meant I have 2 pedals -

Klon into Gunshot.

I have the Klon set as a sort of high end Tubescreamer, I have a number of TS pedals - but the Klon has a lovely 'transparency' (I hate that term, but I mean I can still hear the guitar) - which I like.

Gunshot then gives me MIAB, Klon gives me boost and my amps lead channel gives me more EVH gain with the Klon boosting that.

Klon on it's own for SRV levels of gain
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1510
    Amptweaker FatMetal Distortion
    BAT Pharaoh Fuzz
    R.Attack RT-2 (RAT clone)

The Amptweaker is amazing because I have the Pharaoh in it's FX loop and it sounds HEAVY. The RT-2 is on low gain on the other loop when the Amptweaker is disengaged, so it's effectively like having two channels. Amazing device. Surprised they're not more popular.
  • I agree re:Amptweaker, they should definitely be more popular.

Here's what I'm rocking atm:
    Effectrode Fire Bottle
    Cornish P-2
    Magnetic Effects White Atom
    Amptweaker TIght Metal Pro
    Ramble FX Marvel Drive V3
    ThorpyFX Gunshot
    Buffalo FX TD-X
    RYRA Klone
    Timmy

There's a bit of crossover between the Marvel/Gunshot/TD-X but they all do their thing incredibly well.

I sent my first Marvel back after playing it with the Reeves as it sounded too spongy, however, with the Laney it's got a nice crack to it which is exactly what I hoped for.

The Gunshot has the best sounding dynamic lead tone I've ever heard so that's a mainstay. But not quite tight enough to do the palm mutey stuff that I use the Marvel for. But they're similarly voiced so compliment each other nicely.

The TD-X does that Gilmour lead and nice clean boost if needed. If I wasn't a fan, I'd likely kick that one off first. But it's great for scratching that itch.

Crossover between the Marvel and TMP but I use the Amptweaker for more metal stuff. And the Timmy and Klone are distinct enough to warrant both. There's a warmth to the Klone that I absolutely adore and the Timmy gives me a nice light crunch that I've been after for a while. Both are superb, versatile, low gainers and wouldn't be without them. 

Fire Bottle is magic in a box. There's a beautiful mid range to the P-2 that I've not found in other muffs, yet. And the White Atom is the dogs swingers, really nails Muse, QOTSA, Hendrix and all sorts, so I've got a lot of ground covered there.

Think I'm done. It's a lot but I don't gig and it's all staying at home, so its no bother. If I were to gig, I'd struggle to slim them down, in all honesty.

Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • citizen68citizen68 Frets: 172
    Currently down to two - a 4114FX KOT with a Jimmy Behan klone after for boost - sometimes throw in a Skreddy Lunar Module Mini for added mayhem
    Seemed like a good idea.....

• ColsCols Frets: 7089
    MattG said:
    I admit i have a dirt pedal problem....

Swart Atomic Boost
    Swart fuzzy boost
    Ranger Fx Dr.Freakenstien
    Rotosound RBF1
    Monkey fx valve sporker
    DAM Drag'n fly
    Providence stampede SOV 1
    Rothwell Heartbreaker
    Danelectro cool cat distortion

so thats 9 on my board at the moment, in my defence i use a single channel amp and no 2 of these pedals are remotely similar and they do all get used frequently.
    I'm relieved; I thought at 7 I would be the biggest addict.

One of these days I'll switch them all at once.  It'll be like that bit at the beginning of Back To The Future.
  • frank1985frank1985 Frets: 523
    Three...mayflower, voyager and king of tone. 
  • DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 2566
    edited July 2016
    Down to three on my "main" board after a bit of chopping and changing...

DIY Treble boost + Orange Squeezer 2-in-1 (can set this clean or dirty)
    Tronographic Boxidizer
    Mid Fi Demo Tape Fuzz

...my "other" board is a bit more dirt-heavy, and currently home to four...

Fredric Effects Super Unpleasant Companion Fuzz
    Clark Gainster clone
    Maxon Wind Fuzz (MKII Tonebender type)
    Infanem Driving Notion
    New fangled trading feedback link right here!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom