How many dirt pedals live on your pedalboard fulltime?

What's Hot

Comments

• matonematone Frets: 211
    Two,a Fulldrive 2 & 3.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ac30manac30man Frets: 478
    Until recently..... Wampler pinnacle, wampler plexi drive deluxe, wampler euphoria, bogner red, bogner blue, wampler sovereign, wampler plextortion, wampler thirty something, Zvex Double Rock (worst drive pedal I ever owned)and bogner harlow to boost. Had a huge clearout and now it's just my fave 3 bogner red, bogner blue and wampler sovereign. Covers all the ground I need into my AC30TBX and DRRI. Problem with having too many is I'm king tweaker and spent more time messing about than playing. I also had a Wampler addiction........
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    just 1...but its two channels so i guess that's 2.

at home i have about 4...but that's because i like to experiment with stuff at home...but with the band, I have "my" sound with that 1 pedal.
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13957
    1: JRAD Archer

• At the moment got it down to 3; my two full timer's are a Big Muff w/tone wicker and a Lumpy's Class A Overdrive. The Class A is pretty much on constantly and covers most ground from light to medium gain. The Muff is there when i need something heavier. Also 'part-timing' i have a Fairfield Circuitry Unpleasant Surprise which i use to add distortion to loops, or on the occasional riff when i want something really degraded.
  • @AxeWieldingBastard Do you not use The Elements any more? Sold on?
  • AxeWieldingBastardAxeWieldingBastard Frets: 156
    edited August 2016
    Yeah, i moved it on. Been trying to simplify my approach to just one od, one fuzz- almost there. I love the Dr S pedals and all their options, but sometimes it's nicer to have a pedal that just does it's thing really well and doesn't require/ encourage extensive tweaking; that's the Class A basically. Came really close to selling the Class A earlier this year and now im really glad i didn't, it's just an ace low-gainer. Having said that i saw an Elements in Wunjo at the weekend with these massive black/gold marshall style knobs on it and, i'll be honest, it did give me a slight twinge :P
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2911
    edited August 2016
    I just have the one at the minute, BYOC tubescreamer that I sometimes use to boost my amp if I want to play metal. Really like how it changes the feel, makes it come alive and harmonics are way easier to dig out. Just more "3d" sounding.

I'm considering replacing with an XP Booster (ep clone) as an always on pedal but not sure whether Id be better off with a mooer yellow comp (diamond compressor clone) to do what I want, which is leave on all the time for a bit extra sustain and compressed feel without adding too much saturation and coloring the sound like the TS does.

thorpyfx peacekeeper
    forge effects troubled rooster (germanium treble booster)
    xotic RC boost set to a clean boost for solos
  • Marshall Guv'nor clone, ts808, MojoHand IronBell, Joyo Ultimate drive and a Klon Clone...
  • JD50JD50 Frets: 660
    I get most millage out of pairing a Rat with a Tube Screamer, gives me everything I need between them and they stack well. I also have a Boss OD3 , DOD 250, Fuzz Face with a bias knob. The DOD is a pedal I like to use as a boost, so sometimes I have 3 dirt pedals on my board.
  • derndern Frets: 357
    Three...

Keeley modded Ibanez TS808
    Way Huge Fat Sandwich
    EHX Little Big Muff
  • GulliverGulliver Frets: 850
    edited August 2016
    Two:
    Tim
    Sweet Honey OD

Though they're both running into the dirt channel on the Mesa which is set for a mild break up
  • Maxon OD9 (Tubescreamer) and Angry Charlie (v2).

They're in the FX loop of my old Boss GT6 which I use in manual (stompbox) mode. I also use two levels of post dirt-pedal clean boost, which are assigned to the Preamp and external Control pedal of my GT6.
    It's not a competition.

• I have just two -  which i kick up the arse with an MI Boost n Buff when needed into a clean amp: 

Barber gainchanger
    Hermida Unimos 

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6394
    One the one I'm speccing at the moment - Xotic EP boost, Keely Java Boost, Mooer Rat Clone, TRex Moller, Zendrive, Mini Tubescreamer ... still feel like I've forgotten something ;)

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • FezFez Frets: 533
    LGW and just bought a Thorpy Fallout Clout to go with it so that will be two with a spark boost after 'em for a volume lift.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8750
    edited August 2016
    Only one. I use it for tightening up an already overdriven sound, rather than providing distortion. For years it was a TS-9 Tubescreamer because I liked the midrange hump. Recently I've swapped to a Zen Drive because it is less noticeable. I should add that, even though I do own a Keeley modded TS-9, I've actually use digital simulations of it since 2001. Yes there's a difference, but not one that matters for what I do.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • nickpnickp Frets: 183
    on my main gigging rig just two a Lovepedal OD11 for those mild broken up tones and a RAT mainly to go completely overboard with sustain as the amp has a very good drive channel

on my practice/home/other rig i'm down to a DS1 which runs into a gunshot and i've also a zen drive clone coz it's lovely
  • therose789therose789 Frets: 467
    Three:

Bondi Sick as
    Ibanez TS808
    SHO