Boss Waza Amp

What's Hot

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30310
    Seems like Boss are going for maximum mileage with that stupid Waza logo.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Tuscan777Tuscan777 Frets: 125
    Just got around to watching this, thought it sounded pretty good in places, but at that price they won't selll many (if any). I wonder how many Boss pedalls you'd need, and how much it would all cost, to cover the bases this amp does with a standard half stack?

As for Rob Chapman, he is that rare beast which seems to have become a worse player over the years. I thought his World Guitar days were much better. Also, my son watched this and now thinks anybody that plays guitar is a bit of a spanner, cheers Rob!

Good luck to him though, I'd certainly like to have (something resembling) his job!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    Tuscan777 said:
    Just got around to watching this, thought it sounded pretty good in places, but at that price they won't selll many (if any). I wonder how many Boss pedalls you'd need, and how much it would all cost, to cover the bases this amp does with a standard half stack?

As for Rob Chapman, he is that rare beast which seems to have become a worse player over the years. I thought his World Guitar days were much better. Also, my son watched this and now thinks anybody that plays guitar is a bit of a spanner, cheers Rob!

Good luck to him though, I'd certainly like to have (something resembling) his job!
    an astute judge of character your boy. 
     ;) 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26742
    Tuscan777 said:

Also, my son watched this and now thinks anybody that plays guitar is a bit of a spanner, cheers Rob!
    To be fair, if somebody had told me that 30-odd years ago, it would've saved me an enormous amount of hassle.
    <space for hire>
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • johnonguitarjohnonguitar Frets: 1243
    Boss can take their amp and shove it up their holes. I'm actually pissed if as a member of our species that this thing exists at that price 
    Why does it make you angry?
    Telecasters with Bigsbys exist, I'm not happy about it but as long as it's in the privacy of their own home etc. 
    14 million kids die of malnutrition every year and these assholes are wanting 3.5k for £500 of tech. Nah, that's an absolute disgrace. Utter greed
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3430
    edited July 2016
    It sounds ok in parts...
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7552
    1. Stage Tuner 

2. Waza Amp

3. what will the inevitable third white elephant be? 
    Red ones are better. 
  • benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1397
    It looks and sounds like one of those Amps that you see those 4 year old crazy Chinese kids absolutely shredding on. Maybe that's their market. Minted Chinese toddlers?
    How very rock and roll
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2171
    Horribly overpriced with no real clear market in mind.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72610
    I really tried to watch the video, by skipping to the bit with the sounds, but I still couldn't stand it and had to turn it off.

The amp sounded poor too.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    I thought it sounded ok to be honest. That said 3k shouldn't get you ok.
    Hopefully a "halo" product.
  • NerineNerine Frets: 2191
    I didn't think it sounded as bad as some are making out. 

But lets be honest, you can buy an Ecstasy or Brown Eye or something for that kind of dough. 

Its actually a bit silly if you think about it. 

At this price they may shift say ten units. 

Lets use simple numbers. 

And if they halved the price they'd probably sell more than 20. 

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    That sounds fucking shit. 
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    Boss can take their amp and shove it up their holes. I'm actually pissed if as a member of our species that this thing exists at that price 
    Telecasters with Bigsbys exist, I'm not happy about it but as long as it's in the privacy of their own home etc. 
    14 million kids die of malnutrition every year and these assholes are wanting 3.5k for £500 of tech. Nah, that's an absolute disgrace. Utter greed
    I fail to see how Boss are responsible for dying children by making an amp you don't like. 
    They made an amp, it's expensive, you don't like it based on a Chappers review. 
    This is a guy that made a Vox AC30 sound terrible, he made a JCM800 sound terrible. 
    What honestly did we expect? 
    Also when did making a profit make Boss bad guys?
    could you post the component list showing where exactly the £500 is allocated?
    Dave Freidman isn't in it just for shits and giggles, he makes a profit on every amp he builds. 

Im not having a go at you, but some people seem REALLY upset by this amp, it's almost like they have no choice in buying it or not. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 13reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8540
    Hhhhmmm, the amp is well overpriced granted, but that's an argument of a ill-informed Sixth-former. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7552
    I finally got the turkish hotel wifi to download an HD version of the video.

That is mostly a dogshit sounding amp. the one time my ears perked up were on the really high volume setting widely playing - sounded pretty good. Almost as good as something half the price might achieve. It was also the first time that they stopped sounding apologetic about it. 

Stupid price for a not very good seeming amp.

There should be a forum bounty for the first person to see one in the wild. 
    Red ones are better. 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17668
    tFB Trader
    I've been thinking about this and the only way I can make sense of it is if this is meant to be a halo product that no one actually buys and the modeling ends up in the eventual replacement to the GT100.

• SunDevilSunDevil Frets: 511
    Bet you they are losing money on every one they sell at that price - R&D ain't cheap

..unless you take the Aston Martin approach and chuck all your R&D costs into an pile if shite that some idiot will have to buy, just so they can be first

..hang on a minute...?
    The answer was never 42 - it's 1/137 (..ish)
  • paul_c2paul_c2 Frets: 410
    I can see the point of it - its a modelling amp but with some kind of "2nd generation" empirical modelling, to simulate a decent valve amp; but with the build quality and reliability of solid state (and trading on their Boss brand for pedals being robust etc). And that the amp is trying to be "all things to all men" so the first version launched is the most powerful one, I think its something like 150W? But the price is very high. I dare say you could buy 2x top of the range valve amps of equivalent power and better tone, thus having a "hot spare" to address the reliability issue.

They say there's going to be cheaper models launched subsequently, I suppose it depends where the price is set vs the features/power whether these will genuinely have a place in the market.
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2933
    I don't think I watched the same video everyone else did... I thought it sounded alright.

Oh yeah, Chappers is the video. All bets are off then.