Worst pedal you've owned?

What's Hot

Comments

• I love the q tron though, and they're not all that common...

Sorry. However, I'll remember you in case I change my mind. :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Boss EH2 simply coz (as i remember when i had one years ago) it's effect was subtle i couldnt tell it was doing anything. I was pretty young then though so maybe its brill!
  • robmac5150;123637" said:
    Boss EH2 simply coz (as i remember when i had one years ago) it's effect was so subtle i couldnt tell it was doing anything. I was pretty young then though so maybe its brill!
  • I used to gig a Q torn, but it was a big pedal for just one sound so it went. 
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30925
    Effectrode PC2 Compressor, but I think it was dodgy in some way.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• StevepageStevepage Frets: 3052
    MXR MC402. Really didn't like it. Found it turned my tone to mush.
  • Might I offer the EHX worm?

It claims to be tremolo, vibrato, phaser and wah, yet does neither well and what it does do is covered in so much hiss the craving for bacon is truly irresistible.

I foolishly bought it on impulse (mail order) as a quick read suggested it did all at once rather than one at a time - I was trying to nail the solo sound from Genesis' "Counting Out Time" without the tap dancing...

Always though that song should have been a monster hit, it presses so many buttons - all in numbered sequence too...
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27007
    Might I offer the EHX worm?

It claims to be tremolo, vibrato, phaser and wah, yet does neither well and what it does do is covered in so much hiss the craving for bacon is truly irresistible.

I foolishly bought it on impulse (mail order) as a quick read suggested it did all at once rather than one at a time - I was trying to nail the solo sound from Genesis' "Counting Out Time" without the tap dancing...

Always though that song should have been a monster hit, it presses so many buttons - all in numbered sequence too...
    I had one of them. It was ok, but not spectacular. True to EHX-of-old it was a ridiculously big box, and needed its own PSU too. I liked the vibrato setting though
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7422
    Stevepage said:
    Hey @fretmeister you were wondering about one of these weren't you? 
    Red ones are better. 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24286
    I was!

After your comments I read loads of reviews and decided against it! :)

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72364
    Might I offer the EHX worm?

The one I tried was massively hissy as well. Should have been called the Snake.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Ehx metal muff. It sucks cajones.
  • DannyPDannyP Frets: 1677

Imagine a tubescreamer encased in marshmallow under a mattress in a mosquito-infested pillow factory and it might sound a bit like the...

DOD Classic Tube FX53

DOD Classic Tube.

"But can't you pull down the gain a bit and just use it to drive a nice amp?" - NO.

"But aren't there any weird extreme setting that one can use for something quirky now and again, as one can on so many shit pedals?" - NO.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    Slightly cheating because I havent actually tried it yet, but my other guitarist send me  a demo of the EHX holy stain the other day going "check this out it sounds awesome" but distorted reverb just sets my teeth on edge and Im begging him not to buy it.

Worst pedal i've owned? Line 6 AM4. And I got good use out of both the POD and the uber metal. The AM4 however was just abysmal and has since been disowned from their website.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72364
    DannyP said:

DOD Classic Tube.

"But can't you pull down the gain a bit and just use it to drive a nice amp?" - NO.

"But aren't there any weird extreme setting that one can use for something quirky now and again, as one can on so many shit pedals?" - NO.

I had one of those as well. Dire. I swapped it for a Supra Distortion, which was much less crap. I actually had a whole pedalboard of DOD pedals, because a shop I worked for was a dealer and I got them at trade price. The analogue delay was very nice, the little wah was quirky and quite cool (although very different from a traditional wah), but the rest were really pretty ordinary.

It was only years later that I discovered the FX25 Envelope Filter (the 2-knob version is better) which is anything but ordinary! I know a lot of people don't like it but for me it's brilliant.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188
    Stevepage said:

I was!

After your comments I read loads of reviews and decided against it! :)

I've got one of them too. I use it as a solo boost (on the pedals boost channel) which is AWESOMEZ. The gain channel is utter pants though. I should probably switch it out for my MXR Micro Amp for the solo boost, but that only has a red LED, where as the 402 has a blue one. Ummmmmm

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• MattGMattG Frets: 170
    I used to hate DS-1's too but i found that using them at a low gain setting on an already not too driven amp gave gome good blues soloing tones or harder rock sounds :)

my H&K warp factor on the other hand, on the lowest of gain settings is just about usable but other than that it is the worst pedal that i have ever heard!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2326

Have had quite a few that I've bought, gone wtf is that and then shifted it on pronto.

Lazy J Cruiser is one of the worst imo/   Bought it extremely excited by the hype and the videos, tried it at two band practices and couldn't get it to do anything well. Shifted it on pronto.

• chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3967
    dindude said:
    EHX LPB-1 boost. If you want to turn your lovely valve amp into sounding like a 70s transistor nightmare, this is the pedal for you.
    Yes, have to agree with this.  I got to the studio, plugged it in, 5 minutes later I just gave it away to our other guitarist.  Seemed to work OK with his amp though.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    samzadgan;123316" said:
    so all you need to do is max all the knobs!

Blimey - my neighbours would love that...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>