Recommend me a pedal.....

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2430

Yup, ge-7s can be noisy. 

It's worth trying a few - they vary in noise quite significantly, though I only discovered this fairly recently! If you do get a noisy one it's easily modded, but I really wish Boss would sort it because it's easily one of the most useful pedals you can get...
    If you know the details of that mod it would be useful if you could post them here or in a separate thread. Guys who are handy with a soldering iron and know their way around circuits would probably appreciate that. It's a real shame that GE-7s can be noisy -   in this case it lost Boss a possible sale to @AndyJP. ; As you say, Boss should sort it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AndyJPAndyJP Frets: 220
    Jimbro66 said:

Yup, ge-7s can be noisy. 

It's worth trying a few - they vary in noise quite significantly, though I only discovered this fairly recently! If you do get a noisy one it's easily modded, but I really wish Boss would sort it because it's easily one of the most useful pedals you can get...
    If you know the details of that mod it would be useful if you could post them here or in a separate thread. Guys who are handy with a soldering iron and know their way around circuits would probably appreciate that. It's a real shame that GE-7s can be noisy -   in this case it lost Boss a possible sale to @AndyJP. ; As you say, Boss should sort it.
    Yup, it totally out me off buying it. Wasn't playing with much gain or volume either. It'd be a shocker at gig volume.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom