Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

FX, Quitting Smoking, and GAS-channelling: the board-build incentive

What's Hot

Comments

• TOP BLOKE !!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2233
    edited September 2016
    It's all very analogue to start with. 

I cannot tell you how much I love the warm, insistence of the Minifooger. It is just stunning.
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4601
    Nice work. What flavour vape you toking?
  • DesVegas said:
    Nice work. What flavour vape you toking?
    At the moment, mainly minty. Spearminty. Quite fancy something fruity or vanilla.
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4601
    I like the tropical sunrise from phoenix and also cherry bombs but the last bottle i got was cherry tunes and they're a touch too minty, a shame because it's a bloody big bottle.
  • What's the cost of using a vaporizer?
  • What's the cost of using a vaporizer?
    The cost up front varies for the vapouriser itself, anything from £30 (which I paid for mine) up to £350-odd, if you really want the "Helix" of vapourisers. A box of 5 of the coils will cost you about a tenner (will last you about 10 weeks), and a 15ml bottle of the juice will cost you about a tenner as well and will last you a week.

Basically, not including upfront cost on the vapouriser & tank, with vamping you spend per week roughly the same amount as you'd spend per day on cigarettes.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Well, that's day 6 almost done. Hardest day so far, but I'm getting there. The worst times are when the wife and daughter are out of the house and I'm stuck here on my own. Having a newsagent next door makes it infinitely harder...
    <space for hire>
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    @digitalscream are you going cold turkey or are you using a vape pen?

A few guys I work with quit by using the vape pens but haven't knocked those on the head after 3 years so they're still smoking though spending a lot less money.

i found the patches worked really well for me because they took care of the physical craving and helped with the physiological cravings because I wasn't simulating smoking with a device.  I had to start taking them off at night though because they gave me the most fecked up dreams of my life.  
  • fnptfnpt Frets: 746
    I started to play guitar precisely because I stopped smoking. Same logic: the money I saved was used to buy gear. Obviously, we all know all these things go and the result is that I spend a lot more in gas that I used to in smoking but I still feel like it ws the better choice. That was July 2007.

Nicotine patches worked great.
    ____
    "You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."
  • Adam_MD said:
    @digitalscream are you going cold turkey or are you using a vape pen?

A few guys I work with quit by using the vape pens but haven't knocked those on the head after 3 years so they're still smoking though spending a lot less money.

i found the patches worked really well for me because they took care of the physical craving and helped with the physiological cravings because I wasn't simulating smoking with a device.  I had to start taking them off at night though because they gave me the most fecked up dreams of my life.  
    The wife bought me an e-cig. I'm using it a lot less than I'd be smoking, though, and I definitely want rid within two or three months at the outside.
    <space for hire>
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    Bloody well done all and stick at it. It's not easy but as an ex-smoker who absolutely loved to smoke, I'm rooting for you. 
  • Good man. Best of luck
  • Well, that's day 6 almost done. Hardest day so far, but I'm getting there. The worst times are when the wife and daughter are out of the house and I'm stuck here on my own. Having a newsagent next door makes it infinitely harder...
    I had that living across road from a chippy. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2429
    Awesome news on the stopping smoking guys,  more power to you! 

I'm currently 9 or 10 weeks fag free after 29 years smoking, tried many many times before, patches, turkey plastic fake cig, nothing helped until @Bidley gave me a vape setup (hero) 
    not looked back since,  I now associate smoking with sweet flavours and even the slightest whiff of someone else's cig makes me feel ill (and slightly pious) 
    want further savings?  make your own juice.... mine is costing me roughly 35p per 30ml bottle all in. 
    AND I've stopped buying guitars! 
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    Sarge said:

Well that's just perverse @Sarge you have real problems.  
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2429
    Adam_MD said:
    Sarge said:

Well that's just perverse @Sarge you have real problems.  It's just a phase,  I can handle it....... honestly! 
  • Stopped smoking three years ago last friday....after 30 odd years of heavy smoking. Did it with patches and vaping. 

Proof of the pudding and all that....

Good luck, it can be done..despite my head telling me it couldn't. 
  • Sarge said:

I'm currently 9 or 10 weeks fag free after 29 years smoking, tried many many times before, patches, turkey plastic fake cig, nothing helped until @Bidley gave me a vape setup (hero) 
    not looked back since,  I now associate smoking with sweet flavours and even the slightest whiff of someone else's cig makes me feel ill (and slightly pious) 
    want further savings?  make your own juice.... mine is costing me roughly 35p per 30ml bottle all in. 
    AND I've stopped buying guitars
    there is always one that takes it too far. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sarge said:

AND I've stopped buying guitars
    there is always one that takes it too far. 

This makes you worse than, like, dictators and disease and sex pests and that...