Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

FX, Quitting Smoking, and GAS-channelling: the board-build incentive

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• SargeSarge Frets: 2429
    Sarge said:
    Awesome news on the stopping smoking guys,  more power to you! 

I'm currently 9 or 10 weeks fag free after 29 years smoking, tried many many times before, patches, turkey plastic fake cig, nothing helped until @Bidley gave me a vape setup (hero) 
    not looked back since,  I now associate smoking with sweet flavours and even the slightest whiff of someone else's cig makes me feel ill (and slightly pious) 
    want further savings?  make your own juice.... mine is costing me roughly 35p per 30ml bottle all in. 
    AND I've stopped buying guitars
    there is always one that takes it too far. 

This makes you worse than, like, dictators and disease and sex pests and that...
    well you could help out buy buying a couple of my guitars,  leaving me room to add more! 

I'M NOT A PERVERT! 

maybe. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sarge said:
    Sarge said:
    Awesome news on the stopping smoking guys,  more power to you! 

I'm currently 9 or 10 weeks fag free after 29 years smoking, tried many many times before, patches, turkey plastic fake cig, nothing helped until @Bidley gave me a vape setup (hero) 
    not looked back since,  I now associate smoking with sweet flavours and even the slightest whiff of someone else's cig makes me feel ill (and slightly pious) 
    want further savings?  make your own juice.... mine is costing me roughly 35p per 30ml bottle all in. 
    AND I've stopped buying guitars
    there is always one that takes it too far. 

This makes you worse than, like, dictators and disease and sex pests and that...
    well you could help out buy buying a couple of my guitars,  leaving me room to add more! 

I'M NOT A PERVERT! 

maybe. 

It'll be a few months of not smoking before I can pay for another guitar.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2933
    Glad to hear you're still going strong @Sarge :)
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2429
    Bidley said:
    Glad to hear you're still going strong @Sarge :)
    @Bidley ; not that strong, just 3mg :)
  • vizviz Frets: 10719
    kjdowd said:
    Bloody well done all and stick at it. It's not easy but as an ex-smoker who absolutely loved to smoke, I'm rooting for you. 
    Me too, keep going!!!! Awesome. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • Now, should I go hardcore cold turkey and sell my 65 DRRI, so I have to save for an amp? That's the question.
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    Now, should I go hardcore cold turkey and sell my 65 DRRI, so I have to save for an amp? That's the question.
    Nah. You don't want to go too cold turkey and austere, otherwise it's just all effort and no fun. You have to have some short term reward or it gets too bloody difficult. Keep the DRRI and enjoy it, and build towards the board.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • kjdowd said:
    Now, should I go hardcore cold turkey and sell my 65 DRRI, so I have to save for an amp? That's the question.
    Nah. You don't want to go too cold turkey and austere, otherwise it's just all effort and no fun. You have to have some short term reward or it gets too bloody difficult. Keep the DRRI and enjoy it, and build towards the board.
    Wisdom mateand great advice
  • kjdowd said:
    Wisdom mateand great advice
    Double wisdom.
  • kjdowd said:j
    100% agree. All stick and no carrot makes for a sad @BintyTwanger77 ;
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • kjdowd said:j
    Yep. The amp stays.
    kjdowd said:j
    Yep. The amp stays.
    I read some popular psychology book once that said you have a finite reserve of willpower, so concentrate on the thing that you're trying to change/overcome and give yourself a break on everything else. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • kjdowd said:
    Yep. The amp stays.
    I read some popular psychology book once that said you have a finite reserve of willpower, so concentrate on the thing that you're trying to change/overcome and give yourself a break on everything else. 
    Worked for Hitler when he tried to quit smoking. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    kjdowd said:
    Yep. The amp stays.
    Worked for Hitler when he tried to quit smoking. 
    Obviously if the thing that you are giving yourself a break over is genocide and fomenting a war that will pretty much engulf the entire planet, stick with the bines. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1384
    viz said:
    kjdowd said:
    Bloody well done all and stick at it. It's not easy but as an ex-smoker who absolutely loved to smoke, I'm rooting for you. 
    Me too, keep going!!!! Awesome. 
    Me too. 17 years off the things and used the same incentivised approach to purchase a mofo of a cinema system. Sadly mainly out of date though. Keep going fellas!

conversely this forum is now encouraging gas which is hard to resist....
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024