Unpleasant chores

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27526
    Philly_Q said:

We took the freezer, once emptied and cleaned up a bit, to the tip in the back of my dad's old Cortina estate.  I'm not sure the council rubbish tip would accept something like that nowadays?

Some of those old Cortinas are quite collectible nowadays - you wouldn't need to tip it.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • paul_c2paul_c2 Frets: 410
    I remember one occasion my dog was sick, right down the gap in between the seat and the door sill. I did my best to clean it up there & then but it was a compromised job, all I had was a bottle of water and a towel.

So.....

I sold the car.
  • marantz1300marantz1300 Frets: 3107
    edited August 2016

I do maintenance in a Banks HQ,

As well as heating,  plumbing, electrics,  air conditioning ,generators, UPS systems, BMS, door access control , carpets, ceilings and dealing with contractors, security and staff plus a ton of other stuff ...

we have to unblock the toilets .It use to make me throw up ,you get use to it and the grease traps smell worse (If the interceptor or sump pumps go, your up to your ankles in shit).There is 128 of them in the building.

have to unblock them several times every day

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    The back drive behind our gate has the sewer cover that is between our house and next door. About twice a year the sewer gets blocked and it fills up and overflows onto our drive. On a bad day in the winter when you don't notice in time we get an area of leakage on the drive around 3m x 5m. I get to go out in wellies in the dark with torches and rubber gloves, locate the cover by feel, pull it up, get my set of rods out and unblock the drain, then clear up the drive with hose and disinfectant. This is not fun
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22881
    TTony said:
    Philly_Q said:

We took the freezer, once emptied and cleaned up a bit, to the tip in the back of my dad's old Cortina estate.  I'm not sure the council rubbish tip would accept something like that nowadays?

Some of those old Cortinas are quite collectible nowadays - you wouldn't need to tip it.
    I'd just realised my post read like that...

I can't remember what really happened to that Cortina, I suppose my dad sold it.  I know he never noticed the massive dent my brother put under the bumper by crashing it into a low wall.  I pulled the dent out and patched it up with body filler and spray paint, but it was well short of "invisible mending".