SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Rare Patrick Eggle Berlin Vintage Classic (withdrawn)OR even rarer Patrick Eggle Strat (SOLD)

Comments

• RevMattRevMatt Frets: 835
    Deliberately let this go quiet but they're still here....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28228
    I love that green one. Would you have any interest in a Cornell Romany 1x12? Also not sure if it quite meets your LPish thing but a Parker PM10?
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    @Sporky - thanks for the interest.

The Cornell might have been of interested but I'm now sorted with an Orange TT combo, and it's a no to the Parker, sorry.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28228
    No probs. :)
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • @Sporky im interested in the Cornell if you want to PM me....

• Any interest in a deal with my Atlas Elegant for the Berlin?
    Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.
    Any interest in a deal with my Atlas Elegant for the Berlin?
    @pete624000 - is that the black LP type? I have admired that one, with the inevitable question (that probably niggles many potential buyers) about the relatively unknown nature of the maker. But, yes, in theory I could be interested. PM me with a suggestion of the kind of deal you have in mind.

• PM'D
  • PM'd with the deal, and the offer of the full price asked for the Berlin and Rev Matt doesn't want to sell it which is his prerogative I know but why therefore is it in the classifieds still?
    A number of answers to your question Pete:

1) the ad had slipped to page 3 of the classifieds and I anticipated it would continue to disappear into history
    2) the ad is for 2 guitars and I am as yet undecided as to whether to withdraw or sell the other one
    3) forum rules state that ads shouldn't be deleted but left for future reference
    4) I am not 100% decided what to do with the Berlin so planned to leave it in case I decided to ressurect the ad in the future. There's still the possibility that a trade offer comes up that is just right but the worst that will happen is that someone enquires about the guitar and I have decide how to respond.

I'm sorry that we haven't been able to complete a deal on this occasion, but it's been a pleasure being touch with you, and that Atlas is lovely!
    edited September 2016
    The green Berlin and I have a complex history: I bought it brand new (old stock) in about 2007 and struggled to get on with the chunkier than usual (for Berlins) neck. I then sold it to Dr Widdly and enjoyed a foray into PRS - during this time I learnt to broaden my taste in neck shapes and having missed the BVC I bought it back from Dr Widdly in 2014 (on the day of my grandma's funeral - bless her). 

Since then I've gigged it a bit and really grew to love it.

So lots of history and emotion linked to this one...
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30922
    There's some real Eggle love around right now. Cool guitars.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• Ok Matt , Didn't mean to sound rude, thanks for the explanation.
    No worries Pete.

Been playing the green BVC tonight and absolutely  definitely 100% withdrawn from sale - next time I broach the subject of selling it, someone just remind me of this!

The one off Strat is still a maybe....
    Cautious bump on the Strat....
    One off high end Strat from the UK's top maker? Perfect for the discerning buyer...
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    I tried to have a look at the strat pictures but I just got a load of spam about Iphones.
    It may just be me but if it's the same for everyone it's probably not helping you find a buyer.
    Just a heads up.
    edited October 2016
    ennspek said:
    I tried to have a look at the strat pictures but I just got a load of spam about Iphones.
    It may just be me but if it's the same for everyone it's probably not helping you find a buyer.
    Just a heads up.
    Thanks for that @ennspek - when I view the ad from my laptop the pictures show within the thread and others have commented on them so I think they're seeing them ok. However, when I view from my phone, I get the links to the pictures so maybe its these links that take you to adverts? If that's the problem, try viewing from a computer and if that's not possible I'm happy to email photos if required.

The Strat is sold, and sadly, the green Berlin Vintage Classic is having to go up for sale again....
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 918
    Cough!

"Been playing the green BVC tonight and absolutely  definitely 100% withdrawn from sale - next time I broach the subject of selling it, someone just remind me of this!"