Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

DV247, shipping from Germany?

What's Hot
digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26732
So...got an Eventide Timefactor on the way from DV247. They don't do Saturday delivery, and I think I've figured out why...checked the tracking info, and...

Since when did they ship from Germany????
<space for hire>
dv247.png 57.5K
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Shipped from Eventide, who are German 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Shipped from Eventide, who are German 
    And Palmer, actually...who are also German. Fair point.
    <space for hire>
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2360
    They've shipped everything from Germany for a year or two now.  I've had an amp and a guitar from them and if it weren't for the tracking info, you'd unlikely know any different.  The service is usually next working day.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I bought a Les Paul from them at the end of last year and it came from Germany, so yeah, it looks like their warehouse is on the continent. They must be thrilled about Brexit.
  • They are owned by the devil. (MUSIC STORE. DE) who are german and main warehouse is there.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DV247 are owned by a German company (music store) as noted above... There was controversy over the takeover IIRC
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12671
    DV247 are as said above, owned by Music Store. DE after shafting all their suppliers a while back. Really bad form and bad business ethics. Not unheard of in this game though - I can think of at least one "respected" dealer who did very similar...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• The original DV shafted their suppliers and laid off staff at the Essex site IIRC (some of whom went to red dog music), the German company just bought the name?
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11469
    They did a prepacked administration a few years back.  Their staff at 5 shops turned up to work on Monday morning to find all the shops locked up.  Meanwhile the management who ran it into the ground kept their jobs under the new German ownership.

They also used this to get out of paying their debts to their suppliers.  I have refused to buy anything from them since.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • and Musicstore's customer service level is somewhere down in the gutter.
  • So...got an Eventide Timefactor on the way from DV247. They don't do Saturday delivery, and I think I've figured out why...checked the tracking info, and...

this I would like a demo of please..... I will bring beer. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • Well, surely they can't be worse pre-takeover?  I had terrible problems with them when I bought a Cornford amp, and it was faulty.  Dealt with a guy called Alex Theakston and he refused to give me my money back and instead insisted I get a replacement. when I was entitled to actually get my money back.  I let him walk over me back then.  
  • So...got an Eventide Timefactor on the way from DV247. They don't do Saturday delivery, and I think I've figured out why...checked the tracking info, and...

this I would like a demo of please..... I will bring beer. 
    Sure. Later in the week...? Need to get the hang of it first, there's a lot in there...
    <space for hire>
  • crunchman said:
    They did a prepacked administration a few years back.  Their staff at 5 shops turned up to work on Monday morning to find all the shops locked up.  Meanwhile the management who ran it into the ground kept their jobs under the new German ownership.

They also used this to get out of paying their debts to their suppliers.  I have refused to buy anything from them since.
    I didn't know that.  

I was about to buy something from them but will look elsewhere. 
  • I've bought a few things from DV247. Always found their prices and service to be good, and the items always come within 2-3 days. 
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Don't think everything is shipped from Germany, I got my Helix from DV247 was ordered at 1:00pm and arrived the next day
  • Well, they shipped me the wrong power supply (a Euro power supply, with a faulty adaptor); being Eventide, it needs a centre-positive 2.5mm supply. Called them yesterday, they sent me another one...despite making it clear that it needs to be 2.5mm, they sent me a 2.1mm one.

Currently waiting for a call back on the next attempt...
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    edited September 2016
    Is it not a bit sly and unethical what they're doing? Trying to appear as if they're located in the UK but actually being in Germany...

Even if prices, customer service and delivery times are all great, I still think there's a lack of transparency.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6398
    Not really - it's a single market ......
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26732
    edited September 2016
    Jalapeno said:
    Not really - it's a single market ......
    Oh my, I want to LOL this so many times...
    <space for hire>