SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Epiphone 335PRO, NEW PICS ADDED! Trade For Guitar Project / Parts... Read on...

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• Not so sir! I took an offer of £250 to cover my fees and the buyer has failed to pay so I still have it. If you are near to N  Yorks and can collect you can have it for what I paid, it's a lovely guitar, I am just having trouble with the size.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RoxRox Frets: 2147
    edited September 2017
    In all fairness, this was up for sale for a good 11 or so months and then at the last minute two buyers came along at once - @misterpete collected saving me the hoo-haa of packaging and sending and the inherent risks of PayPal.

If it was an offer of £250, with PayPal and Ebay fees, it will have ended up with misterpete having less in his pocket than he bought it for.  (Ebay fees £27.34, PayPal fees: 8.70)

That leaves £213.96.  He'd have needed to sell at £260 or more just to break even, not including any other costs.

Many years ago on here I sold a guitar at a discount to someone because they were begging me for it, a regular (they don't post now) - not a stranger to the forum - who then whacked it in a hard case (they got for free) and put it on ebay within 2 weeks at £200 more than I sold it for.  That really was taking the proverbial...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27509
    I'm going to close this thread.

As far as I can see ...

No wrong done by @Rox - offered something for sale, and sold it.
    No wrong done by @close2u - other than being a bit too slow to grab the guitar initially.

@misterpete - I don't really care what you sold the guitar for on eBay, or whether it sold there or not.  You bought something here, cheap, and attempted to flip it for a profit on eBay.  Given the timings of the buy and sale, I'd guess that you bought with the sole intention of re-selling - at a profit.

That's not what this community is for.  PM me if you want to discuss any further, but right now you're probably losing access to the Classifieds.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.