Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Can you afford your employer's products?

What's Hot

Comments

• Tax advice and audit for multinationals? Transaction services for M&A deals? That's a no then!

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sporky said:
    My employers now don't make anything
    I am happy to include services as well as products.
    In that case, yes - filing a patent is relatively inexpensive. I'd have to do it off my own back though, I couldn't afford to pay an attorney!
  • Yup, Apple and its all within my budget.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72505
    Yes. Aside from my repair work - which I can afford to pay myself for doing if I need to - I also work for a small musical instrument accessories mail-order business, selling inexpensive Chinese products.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Yep, I get 20% staff discount which brings the prices down to only mildly ridiculous.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2250
    edited September 2016
    I can't afford a double decker bus nor have the space for it. Going to the shops would be good. I could slow down at the bus stops then roar off shouting expletives.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    No, my pimp has me on the high class pricing.
    My V key is broken
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    I'm an ironmonger. I can afford about 80% of our range, but we do some expensive gate and sliding door kits which would be out of my range. I am one of the owners of the firm, so that means i would realistically just take the stuff rather than paying anyway ;)
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    I work in a pound shop and I struggle to afford anything in there.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    ICBM said:
    Yes. Aside from my repair work - which I can afford to pay myself for doing if I need to - I also work for a small musical instrument accessories mail-order business, selling inexpensive Chinese products.

Chibsons?
     :) 
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9669
    edited September 2016
    ChICBM as he will be known from now on.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1947
    Jesus....imagine trying to answer this question if you worked at Gibson? 49 weeks of the year, the answer would be 'No, Henry doesn't pay me shit', but then for the 3 sales a year when Amazon are flogging off the Janie Hendrix Flying V-oscater and Henry's other disasters you'd be in with a fighting chance.
  • LoFiLoFi Frets: 534
    Yes, but a single-user BPM system would possibly be the most pointless piece of software ever.
  • Nope.  But then the product is a Navy...
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5175
    Yep...Who doesn't love a Big Mac and Fries?  ;)
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72505
    Sassafras said:
    ICBM said:

I also work for a small musical instrument accessories mail-order business, selling inexpensive Chinese products.
    Chibsons?
     :) 
    Sadly not - the only guitars they do are school-quality classicals. (I've got one :).) It's mostly picks, capos, slides, string winders and strings etc.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    No. I work for the parent company, which is strictly B2B, and I couldn't afford to go into that line of business unless I teamed up with Dr Evil. Many of my employer's subsidiaries have very affordable products.
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3055
    I work for the Prison Service, you can't buy a Prison Sentence, not sure it would be in my best interest anyway......
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• Self employed PA hire and sound engineering so everything I've got I bought myself 
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • nick79nick79 Frets: 254
    I work part time as a motorbike mechanic and part time in a guitar store. The bikes i can't afford, or at least most of them, and that goes for the guitars too mostly. But i can stretch to the odd pack of strings.