Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

I've eaten shit today

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    Emp_Fab said:
    if it tastes good, in it goes.  
    This is your problem- you have to find a way to start considering food quality as well as taste.
    I'm not saying taste isn't important but you can eat well without being unhealthy.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    That's not that bad.

At my worst I'd have two bowls of sugary cereal for breakfast, two frozen pizzas for lunch, something normal for tea, then the real binge would start. Two big bags of crisps (sensations or doritos, that kind of thing), a packet of biscuits, bags of sweets, banana milkshake, full sugar pepsi, maybe a bar of chocolate.
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    octatonic said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    if it tastes good, in it goes.  
    This is your problem- you have to find a way to start considering food quality as well as taste.
    I'm not saying taste isn't important but you can eat well without being unhealthy.
    Wiz for this, I've worked in a sausage factory (packing sausages, hilarious) and as a butcher, the difference in quality between airline sausages and the butchers ones are huge, with varying degrees in between.

low quality sausages are made with reclaimed meat and fat and it fucking stinks, the fat is delivered in pellet form having been remoulded, the meat  is almost liquid in texture, not an expert on the varying degrees of rusk/herbs but a proper butcher will be putting real, fresh leek, Apple, cranberries etc while the factory will be using freeze dried stuff. They're all then encased in a synthetic skin, filled with food dye to make them pink, again the whole filling is liquidy, like a wet shit.

Proper sausages (and we did make some properly in the factory, same process as the butchers just on a larger scale) are made with lean meat (the gristly stuff doesn't go through the miners) and fat that's been removed separately from the pig, real intestines as casing and as above, fresh ingredients where needed.

Im no food snob, but with sausages they're so cheap relatively anyway, why not just get the decent ones for an extra quid? I prefer to eat less meat, but eat the good stuff when I do, it doesn't have to be organic or poncey, but free range everything tastes so much better (a cheap test of this is to fry a battery hens egg and a free range egg, see which one you prefer) and if animals are dying for me to eat, at least I want them to live a natural existence.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• Emp_Fab said:
    Call them what you like, I like them !  I'm not a food snob - if it tastes good, in it goes.  I can't be bothered with people turning their noses up at anything that isn't 100% organic, from rare-breed pigs farmed on the slopes of Narnia, for the sake of it.  If you genuinely like the Narnia sausages, great, but there is a lot of pointless snobbery.  Like pot noodles are the slags of all snacks, Richmond sausages are the sluts of sausages.
    Spoken like a Junk Food Zen Master. You're still not off the hook for drinking chamomile tea though......

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    edited September 2016
    Emp_Fab said:
    I'm not a food snob - if it tastes good, in it goes.
    This was exactly the thinking that Penn Jillette had (of magicians, Penn & Teller) before he lost over 7 stone.  He prided himself on not being fussed about eating anything, and he also couldn't be having it with people who he thought were fussy about their food. 

I've just finished his book "Presto! How I Made Over 100 Pounds Disappear"  It's a really good read.  I got it because I like the guy's humour -- and it's a funny book.  But it's a fascinating insight of how his thinking turned from being okay with his weight -- he'd been a "fat fuck" for over 30 years -- to how he changed.  Very interesting from the psychological stuff which is in the book, which he explains well once you find it under all the swearing!  A serious book which doesn't look serious on the surface.  Best book I've read this year as it happens.

• bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1374
    Did anyone else interpret this thread title literally? 
    I thought it might be a thread about faceplanting while attempting a skateboard trick or something. 
  • Plukky said:
    Did anyone else interpret this thread title literally? 
    Yes, I assumed it was going to be another Drew thread. 
    Beat me to it! That was exactly what I thought....
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3067
    edited September 2016
    @Emp_Fab Don't get me wrong, I do like a cheap sausage.....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    I've been on holiday the last two weeks and have eaten nothing but shit. It's been great! Back to work Monday though :-( 
  • @Emp_Fab, you disgust me. It makes my skin crawl to imagine what you must look like. Chamomile tea indeed.  You are history's greatest monster.
    I bet drinks it all posh like lady with it, all delicate like the lady with the china cup and the little finger sticking out.