Any vape 'smokers' here ?

What's Hot
Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24422
I went back on the fags recently and decided yesterday to switch to an electronic one, so, not knowing anything, and unable to find any honest reviews on the web (have you seen how many vape sites there are !), I just bought whatever Tesco were selling, which turned out to be a thing called the "Cirro 2".  I've had it a day an it takes a bit of getting used to, but I'm wondering what other folks experiences are ?  It tastes a bit cold and 'dusty' compared to a real fag and I don't know if this cough is just the shit from the fags I've smoked recently or this electronic thing.

My mate - and my hairdresser I found out yesterday, both use this stubby type one with a digital numeric display on the end - I haven't been able to find out what ones they are though.
Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
I'm personally responsible for all global warming
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Pretty good overall.

I'm not so keen on ecigs; even the high strength don't seem to do much IMHO. My first vape was from Tesco too; a basic black, pen style one. The main issue I had with that was liquid spilling out and eventually clogging up. Last Xmas I got a 'tank' style vape which is perfect for me. I managed to find a cheap generic pen style one too recently.

It's kept me off the cigarettes for just over a year, mainly I guess, because it's about as close as I get to lighting up without actually doing so.

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• DominicDominic Frets: 16140
    you have to get a proper tank from a vape shop -the pen style things are useless
    - I think some of the people using these are kidding themselves and you are no better off than cigs - maybe less carcinogenic but plenty of other dangers that are just starting to emerge and even the carcinogenic thing can vary from one vape juice to another ......latest scare is vapes causing 'popcorn lung '
  • Yeah I'm not sure it's safer than regular smoking but I figured it probably isn't worse.

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• MkjackaryMkjackary Frets: 776
    Are you looking to vape for fun and big fluffy clouds of cotton candy flavoured delight, or just to quit smoking?
    I'm not a McDonalds burger. It is MkJackary, not Mc'Jackary... It's Em Kay Jackary. Mkay?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24422
    To reduce the health danger whilst I'm still using nicotine as a crutch.  I'll return to not smoking anything once my life has calmed down again. @Mkjackary ;
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
  • @holnrew does.
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    I'm on French Marlboro Golds.  They are like smoking fibreglass and make your tongue raw without any hit.
    When you want to give up, this might help you.  Ridiculous habit.

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpothotpot Frets: 846
    Since my missus went on those vape doodahs she has a hacking cough.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MkjackaryMkjackary Frets: 776
    Emp_Fab said:
    To reduce the health danger whilst I'm still using nicotine as a crutch.  I'll return to not smoking anything once my life has calmed down again. @Mkjackary ;
    My dad smoked for nearly 40 years, he would get through a 50g pouch of Drum in about 5/6 days.

He didn't piss about with liquids or modular stuff. We went to a McColl's corner shop and they had a little cig a like thing called NJOY that was like £8 for everything including a carrying case and batteries and a few capsules. It looked really good value. No fucking about with liquids, one part is the battery, one is the nicotine, you just chuck the cartridges away when you are finished. The carrying case carries 2 ecigs with the rechargeable batteries (incase one runs out you have a spare) and the cartridge attached ready to smoke, 3 spare cartridges, and in the bottom is the adapter for charging it via usb, so it is all there. And it is about the size of an iphone 5.

He tried stopping loads of times, but it took him maybe a couple of months with that and he hasn't smoked for over a year now. (Yay)

Apparently it wasn't amazing, but then, if you spend hundreds on proper modular vape kit, then it will be quite nice, and you will never want to stop. At Least if it is mediocre then you won't keep on doing it. He smoked Drum and it was enough to give him his nicotine fill.

Blu do a similar thing as well.

Also my girlfriends step dad has pretty much the most kitted out drip based vaping system you could get, hundreds of quid, its fucking cool as heck, he messes about with loads of flavours and nicotine levels, massive thick clouds, loads of cool settings to mess with. But at the end of the day, if it is that cool, and you have that much money invested in it, I wouldn't wanna stop.
    I'm not a McDonalds burger. It is MkJackary, not Mc'Jackary... It's Em Kay Jackary. Mkay?
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    Yeah I'm not sure it's safer than regular smoking but I figured it probably isn't worse.
    The evidence is that they are vastly less harmful than regular smoking. 

Vaping is safer than smoking and could lead to the demise of the traditional cigarette, Public Health England (PHE) has said in the first official recognition that e-cigarettes are less damaging to health than smoking tobacco.

The health body concluded that, on “the best estimate so far”, e-cigarettes are about 95% less harmful than tobacco cigarettes and could one day be dispensed as a licensed medicine in an alternative to anti-smoking products such as patches.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3343
    Being a chemist by trade and having looked into this topic a bit my advice would be to avoid any liquids that are flavoured, stick to the glycerin and glycol mixes with nicotine added only. 
    To produce flavour and smells they add a shit tonne of additional additives you don't want. I could list them but if your not a chemist it's just a list of joined up words that score a lot in scrabble. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Haven't smoked a real cig in over 3 years...I've been vaping since day 1 of stopping. I'm no down to a gallon and a half of liquid a day...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6096
    I took up vaping around 4-5 years ago having smoked 30 a day for 30+ years. Haven't smoked a cigarette since. I use a Curve system from Totally Wicked with nicotine liquid and it works flawlessly. The vape shops/sites can be confusing with so many different systems  but once you settle on one that works for you it's very easy.

I used to regularly get bronchitis, a 48 hr virus would inevitably lead onto it, but since I started vaping I haven't had it once.
  • JezWynd said:
    I took up vaping around 4-5 years ago having smoked 30 a day for 30+ years. Haven't smoked a cigarette since.  The vape shops/sites can be confusing with so many different systems  but once you settle on one that works for you it's very easy.

I used to regularly get bronchitis, a 48 hr virus would inevitably lead onto it, but since I started vaping I haven't had it once.
    Absolutely bang on. 
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2933
    You'd better get buying up your vaping supplies, the EU's new TPD is coming into effect soon, which means everything will be more expensive and there will be a fraction of the product diversity.

Funny how the new regulations play nicely into Big Tobacco's hands. Vaping will become less prevalent and people will go back to fags.
    grungebob said:

To produce flavour and smells they add a shit tonne of additional additives you don't want.
    Go on. I only know of diacetyl and acetyl propionyl, which most flavoured liquids are free from - and the ones that aren't are labelled up as such.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16299
    As I understand it no one knows if they are doing harm. The flavours are tested as safe for human consumption as in eating/drinking so no one knows what inhaling them might do ( so, yes, might be completely harmless but current vapors are the guinea pigs for this).

When I've heard people talk about them it sounds like a hobby listing the equipment and the flavours, more like someone who has bought a nespresso machine than someone undergoing a medical intervention. Bit of an odd pastime from my perspective I must admit.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    An interesting read for the uninitiated.

Also e-cigs will be available on prescription from 2017, apparently.
  • speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    I vape emp, the one site that helped me is planet of the vapes, I make my own liquids too. Gone from 30 a day to having my last day today, get a decent box mod and a good tank and you will be away. Find a decent vape shop tell them what you want and they will suggest something to suit you. Ps shinyitis is a bastard. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    I've been vaping about a fortnight now and haven't thought of fags at all. I've got a V2 Pro Series 3 (it has a 'loose leaf' cartridge option which I can use for t'other stuff), and get Snake Oil for everyday vaping
    All practice and no theory