Any vape 'smokers' here ?

What's Hot

Comments

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Yeah I've done about a year and a half, it was that or go back to smoking. It does help with the stress and stuff. The pens are a bit useless. Get a good starter kit like this or this, and get some decent liquid. I get it from www.rejuiced.eu
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3343
    edited October 2016
    Bidley said:
    grungebob said:

To produce flavour and smells they add a shit tonne of additional additives you don't want.
    Go on. I only know of diacetyl and acetyl propionyl, which most flavoured liquids are free from - and the ones that aren't are labelled up as such.
    Look up esters, primary ingredient for anything fruit smelling or tasting, most were thought to be safe for small consumption (eating) but none have been checked for inhalation   
     See they don't have to list them as technically they've been deemed safe for human consumption, just not in this delivery mechanism.  Also large health organisations are now questioning the safety of esters in general 
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24422
    What about the harshness on the throat ?  I had a few mins on the pen this morning and I'm growing to hate it.  That's £20 down the pan as I don't think you can take them back.  I've had two proper rollies with Drum gold and they do the job.  I'm wary of splashing out another £40 for one of the ones you recommended @holnrew in case I don't get on with them either.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16138
    you probably have to spend more like £ 60 -70 to get going with a good tank and high quality liquid -yup,those little pen things are wicked on tongue and throat
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9591
    You see;

1.) vaping works... Full stop.
    2.) vaping is WAY less harmful than real cigs.
    3.) BUT, where is all that Tax and Revenue gonna come from ????

Enter the a.) the smear vape campaign. b.) change in regs (prob environmentally based somehow) to faclitate taxation.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6096
    edited October 2016
    You would do better with a battery system where you can vary the wattage/volts to increase or decrease the strength of hit.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33826
    Does anyone vape on the loo?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7828
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisus said:
    Yeah I'm not sure it's safer than regular smoking but I figured it probably isn't worse.
    The evidence is that they are vastly less harmful than regular smoking. 

Vaping is safer than smoking and could lead to the demise of the traditional cigarette, Public Health England (PHE) has said in the first official recognition that e-cigarettes are less damaging to health than smoking tobacco.

The health body concluded that, on “the best estimate so far”, e-cigarettes are about 95% less harmful than tobacco cigarettes and could one day be dispensed as a licensed medicine in an alternative to anti-smoking products such as patches.

Thanks @axisus ;)

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4317
    octatonic said:
    With the door open?

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• CHRISB50 said:
    octatonic said:
    With the door open?
    Only if people are visiting.

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1797
    Hi 
    For all the normal reasons after 12 years off the fags I went back and still not sure why. I am an addict

After being back on them for a year and feeling shit again and out of breath changed to vaping which seems for me to have none of the immediate lung issues of smoking 20 cigs a day. 

The golden rules for vaping as a smoking substitute and from my experience are. 

Get a good tank and battery aka Mod

Unless you are going to join the kids trying to blow big clouds of shit then I settled on the Nautilus mini and istick 30 or 50 watt battery, flavour is good does not leak and compact charges fast and easy to use and adjust. Tried others but they died quickly or got very hot charging. 

As for flavours 

Find one you like but do not let the store sell you something shit cheap and from china. 1.99 bottle invariably tastes like drain cleaner or cheap air freshener. At this point you are trying to get yourself of the taste of tobacco as much as the nicotine. So find a couple of flavours you like and alternate them as you will tire of just the one. 

Also do not have a sudden epiphany and think oh whilst I am at it might as well to move to low nicotine. I would certainly get myself on 12 or 16mg depending on how much you smoke. These days I down to 6 or 3mg. Also worth trying a 60/40 pg/vg to get the throat hit like a ciggie. I changed to 50/50 now as I don't miss the throat hit. 

Getting used to vaping is as much about adapting your body to this new way of getting nicotine. 

When you smoke you get a complete fags worth of nicotine in a few minutes. Immediately after smoking you have the max dose in your blood stream over the next 20-30 minutes it declines till you spark up the next one.  With vaping its more little and often once you have adapted.

As for health benefits
    I feel better in terms of exercising in comparison to doing the same when I smoked. 

As for long term health stuff the jury is probably out but over ciggies it is definitely has to be an improvement.
    as you are certainly not inhaling 200 odd chemicals. If you are particularly worried I would stay away from the custard and dessert type or nut based juices. 

YMMV 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • The only experience I have with them was a patient who used one constantly in a room she insisted was sealed. 
    It stank of banoffee pie. Who would smoke banoffee pie?! Vile thing. 
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24422
    I would.  I'd smoke Kung Po Chicken if it was available.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_Fab said:
    I would.  I'd smoke Kung Po Chicken if it was available.
    Funny you should say that:

littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33826
    Here is a question for you.
    If you had never smoked and knowing what you know now about how hard nicotine is to kick would you intentionally take up vaping?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4601
    I vape. Using a subvod. I still smoke cigs every now and then, maybe 3 a week. Don't think i could go without the vape now though. So still goddamn addicted to something.
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4674
    Yeah I vape and have done for a year or so, currently using a Enduro t22 
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2933
    octatonic said:
    Here is a question for you.
    If you had never smoked and knowing what you know now about how hard nicotine is to kick would you intentionally take up vaping?
    The anti-vape campaign would have you believe the answer is yes.
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2933
    grungebob said:
    Bidley said:
    grungebob said:

To produce flavour and smells they add a shit tonne of additional additives you don't want.
    Go on. I only know of diacetyl and acetyl propionyl, which most flavoured liquids are free from - and the ones that aren't are labelled up as such.
    Look up esters, primary ingredient for anything fruit smelling or tasting, most were thought to be safe for small consumption (eating) but none have been checked for inhalation   
     See they don't have to list them as technically they've been deemed safe for human consumption, just not in this delivery mechanism.  Also large health organisations are now questioning the safety of esters in general 
    Cheers dude.