Any vape 'smokers' here ?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24422
    Emp_Fab said:
    I would.  I'd smoke Kung Po Chicken if it was available.
    Funny you should say that:

You are f**king joking!!!!  Never in a million years would I have expected that !! :-)
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    I'm on cider and blackcurrant 
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2429
    Do it and don't look back! 
    price is nothing compared to a week's fags and you'll have a setup that'll last a year or more. 
    there's some lovely tobacco flavours out there too, and not as nasty as it sounds. 
    if you want to save £££ go to Fasttech.com and get your kit at a fraction of the price on a slow boat. 
    save even more by making your own juice,  with your own nicotine preference and flavour. 

Ukvapers.org is a superbly friendly and helpful forum with an absolute beginner section. 

smokings baad mkaay. 
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1510
    Ordered one off Amazon few days ago and should be arriving today. This one:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B014W1ZP8Y/ref=pe_1909131_77697001_tnp_email_TE_AMZLdp_1

My journey to rid of the little white shits starts today. Tbh I hardly smoke during the week but everytime I go out it's a different story.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BudgieBudgie Frets: 2108
    I had one of the pen ones and couldn't get on with it. It was really rough and gave me sore throat. I didn't realise that there were different types. On the back of reading this I bought a decent one - https://www.amazon.co.uk/THORVAP%C2%AE-TC-60W-Cigarette-Electronic/dp/B01H1CH0GQ/ref=sr_1_2_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1476462508&sr=8-2&keywords=thorvap

Wow, what a difference, it's really smooth and totally adjustable. I haven't had a fag since, so result I reckon \0/
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    Dominic said:
    you have to get a proper tank from a vape shop -the pen style things are useless
    - I think some of the people using these are kidding themselves and you are no better off than cigs - maybe less carcinogenic but plenty of other dangers that are just starting to emerge and even the carcinogenic thing can vary from one vape juice to another ......latest scare is vapes causing 'popcorn lung '

Citation please the above  is not true,  popcorn lung was years ago and from one flavour since banned, their are 4 ingredients in vape juice,  none which give off free radicals, cancerous agents,  and none known (at present admittedly)   to cause cancer,  due to the fact you are not burning the juice but turning it into a vapor, very different than a cigarette. 

Of course inhaling anything is not good for you but the most recent studies have proven the risk from vaping is 5% of that of a cigarette. 
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    Dominic said:
    you have to get a proper tank from a vape shop -the pen style things are useless
    - I think some of the people using these are kidding themselves and you are no better off than cigs - maybe less carcinogenic but plenty of other dangers that are just starting to emerge and even the carcinogenic thing can vary from one vape juice to another ......latest scare is vapes causing 'popcorn lung '

Citation please the above  is not true,  popcorn lung was years ago and from one flavour since banned, their are 4 ingredients in vape juice,  none which give off free radicals, cancerous agents,  and none known (at present admittedly)   to cause cancer,  due to the fact you are not burning the juice but turning it into a vapor, very different than a cigarette. 

At the start of the vaping culture they were using cheap nasty ingredients now Al banned from sale in the UK, this issue has been put to bed years ago. 

Of course inhaling anything is not good for you but the most recent studies have proven the risk from vaping is 5% of that of a cigarette. 

I went to see a mate tonight who gave me a bottle of blueberry juice.  Mmmmmmm....  lovely !!
    I've just discovered the joy of a burnt wick.  Fuck me... it's like smoking burning plastic.  I went to the vape shop and got a new tank thing and a spare coil and was overwhelmed by the choices of e-juice.  So I splashed out on a bottle of 'Heisenberg' (I'm uncertain about that one).  Actually - it's shit.  A bottle of 'Yellow Gold' - which is ok... but a bit weird, and a bottle of 'Mammy's Milk' which smells like cream, strawberries and biscuit.  I haven't tried that one yet.

I also managed to burn the wick on the new tank thing, because it didn't prime properly.

I should have stuck with Blueberry.
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Ah the old dry hit. Fucking stinks and feels like dying
    My V key is broken
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MickMick Frets: 98
    Dopesick said:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B014W1ZP8Y/ref=pe_1909131_77697001_tnp_email_TE_AMZLdp_1

My journey to rid of the little white shits starts today. Tbh I hardly smoke during the week but everytime I go out it's a different story.

Sorry to drag (no pun intended) this old topic up, but was that kit any good? Just I'm thinking of trying one.  I have one of the small pen type ones which I don't think is powerful enough to replace my rolling tobacco habit. 
    Mick said:
    Dopesick said:

Sorry to drag (no pun intended) this old topic up, but was that kit any good? Just I'm thinking of trying one.  I have one of the small pen type ones which I don't think is powerful enough to replace my rolling tobacco habit. 

I'd suggest an eleaf pico kit,  plenty of power on tap, durable, small,  replaceable battery,  the perfect wee pocket rocket. 
    I've been off the rollies 7 months now and still use this all day at work, though I have changed to a rebuildable tank to suit my needs. 
    Sarge said:

I'd suggest an eleaf pico kit,  plenty of power on tap, durable, small,  replaceable battery,  the perfect wee pocket rocket. 
    I've been off the rollies 7 months now and still use this all day at work, though I have changed to a rebuildable tank to suit my needs. 
    Thanks, just looked up the Istick Pico kit, I'm assuming that's the one.  They look very neat and compact, probably easier to carry around in your pocket without snapping them in half.  Didn't realise these things had upgradable firmware either. Added to my shortlist. Cheers ;)
    No problem, the Melo tank that comes with them is ok, but it uses disposable coil heads which are roughly £12 for 5, each will last around 2 weeks depending on the juice/power/etc.
    If you like tinkering (helps keep my mind off cigs) then there are rebuildable tank atomisers (RTA)  to look at,  much much cheaper than stock coils. 
  • valevale Frets: 1052
    one interesting thing i've noticed about the vaping fashion is that it has increased shop window diversity in my town.
    we used to have betting shop, kebab shop, charity shop, boarded up shop.
    but now some of the boarded up shops are vaping shops. bloody gentrification.
    hofner hussie & hayman harpie. what she said...

I ended up getting a Aspire Nautilus 2 Zelos Kit from amazon.  So far loving it.

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Nice, glad you're enjoying it
    My V key is broken
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1510
    edited April 2017
    Mick said:
    Dopesick said:

Well, for me...no not really. I lasted about three weeks before I stopped using it altogether.

I think I definitely got the wrong 'strength' or whatever - taking an almighty drag produced a lukewarm response. I've tried some of my friends vape pens with the tank and everything and they are much better, so yeah a tank is pretty much a necessity.

I might get one but tbh I can't be fucked with all the fuss about what ratings and what flavours etc. I'll stick to the fags, and even then I only really smoke those at weekends (when I'm out and about or after a heavy meal - those are my weaknesses).

EDIT: Ah I see you've made a worthy purchase anyway. Drag on Wayne!
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6265
    through various work related analyses and research, I've covered the ecig phenomenon since it came about. Have a reasonable knowledge about it. The biggest gap is regulation - and this is changing. There hasn't been the bank of histoprical data, or studies, in any great number, to confidently assure safety. The likelihood that is emerging, is that they are good news. Makes sense, seeing as tobacco is such a killer, in so many ways.

Only thing I'd say for the debate is avoid the high powered devices, the high wattage. these heat the vapour really high, and this produces formaldehyde (or derivative of), which is hugely carcinogenic.