Just started skyrim again yesterday

What's Hot
On the xbox 360. I'll only get a few hours per week play time, but isn't it just the most fantastic game ever? 

I'm playing as a cat person who likes throwing magic and punching dragons in their stupid scaly faces. I'm going for a no weapon build, but I'll keep a bow as backup just in case. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28354
    Last time I played I went for a no dragons game. Just don't collect the Drragonstone.

Also I had a toy wooden sword. You can upgrade it and enchant it to the point that it's pretty darned deadly.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sporky said:
    Last time I played I went for a no dragons game. Just don't collect the Drragonstone.

Also I had a toy wooden sword. You can upgrade it and enchant it to the point that it's pretty darned deadly.

I played for ages first time with no dragons side questing and couldn't work out why there were no dragons. Derp. 

I'm hoping to punch my way to victory. Stealth is hard in heavy armour, so I may go a bit more magey-armour but have heavy gauntlets to make my punches count. 

I don't know how viable a build it is yet. Last thing I did was get to riverrun and eat every ingredient I have to get some properties. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28354
    I think if you're allowing yourself a bow and dragons (for shouts) it'll be viable. Most 'odd' builds work if you can get a few levels in and pick up some perks.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    It is a magnificent game, I tried the same thing you did and it worked but was difficult, especially when there is more than one baddie. 

You will hate the bit in the Thalmor Embassy.
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6265
    NOt played it for years, but I loved it, and was fed up when I finished it.

Thalmor Embassy - I remember that being hard full stop, and annoying.
  • MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    I've restarted recently too, as a sneaky bow build. There's so much to do it's ridiculous. Feels like I've been playing for ages but I've only visited 2 cities so far...
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    edited October 2016
    I played recently and got very tired very quickly. 
    Last time i played I was a sneaky Cat person with a bow and daggers. This time I opted for a light armour but 2 handed nord. 

Whatever you do, DO NOT do the quest in Whiterun from the woman in the pub that involves investigating why Nelkir (Balgruuf's son) is such a prick. [The Whispering Door]  It becomes available at level 20, and you get the Ebony blade. which is the single most overpowered weapon in that game after you've leveled it's enchantment up to steal 30 HP with every strike.

My Ebony Blade currently does 56 Damage (Which I buff to 80 using enchanted armour), it also has a steal health enchantment with unlimited uses and the fastest swing speed of any two handed weapon. 
    I do 110 damage with every hit, as well as replenishing my own health by 30 points with every hit. All I have to do is stand there and swing it and unless I'm outnumbered massively, I can't lose. 
    It kinda killed the game this time round for me  

Also, don't use the console command that reveals all the locations on the map. You just fast travel everywhere and it ruins the exploration side to the game. 
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    Anyone playing on PC should try the legacy of the dragonborn mod. the museum adds a lot of extra content and really freshened the game up for me. 
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3053
    edited October 2016
    I've not really stopped playing it since I got it back in 2012. I like to restart with new characters and as the game is so big I end up rediscovering things I forgot about. Definitely my favourite game ever.

I'm excited for the remaster coming out next week, think I'll preorder it on payday
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 486
    I've not played it since the disc got stuck in my old ps3 when it died. 

Didn't realise there was a remaster coming out. I'm assuming it'll be on ps4? Might have to pick up a copy. 
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    I just never really got into it. Played about nine hours I think (on xbox360), but I don't play a lot of games, and when I do, there are some really good PC games that I tend to play instead. Once I finish GTAV, I might give it another go. I am sure it is the type of game I would like, but it just hasn't really clicked for me yet.
  • paulkpaulk Frets: 318
    I'm such a boring RPG player. All I ever do is become a barbarian, suit up in the heaviest shit I can find and chop things to a pulp. Can't be arsed with magic unless it's some sort of fiery 'cook 'em all' and certainly can't be arsed brewing potions and shit. Just give me shit to kill.
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    Get Enderal. Great fully featured mod with new voice acting etc. Amazing stanalone game but need Skyrim installed. It's really good and breathes new life into the game.
  • If only I had a computer. 

I'm an xbox man. Cheapsies! 
  • Guys  - the is the Skyrim Remastered version coming out in 10 days for PC, XB1 and PS4.
    I love Skyrim - I've played my fair share couple few years ago and loved it - this year I've done the same in Fallout 4 (absolutely epic).

Haven't played skyrim on xbox yet, but since I've got myself and XBoxOne I am looking forward to new version and will give it a proper go once it's out.
  • We had Skyrim on Xbox. It crashes so often we returned it.
    Awsom on PC
  • Awesome game, I used to play it on PC, and every now and then I start a new one, though I have less and less free time I guess so I never really get too advanced lately. There are so many options to build a character. You have the typical ones like warrior, destruction magic, etc., but assassins and thief are so fun to play! I had a thief which didn't really care about dragons (why would he?), so I never took the main quest. I also tried to build some sort of druid character that only uses alteration magic. Or a character that doesn't use any magic at all; it can be really fun. 
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    Vaiai said:
    Get Enderal. Great fully featured mod with new voice acting etc. Amazing stanalone game but need Skyrim installed. It's really good and breathes new life into the game.
    I've downloaded Enderal but haven't installed it yet.  I'm really looking forward to Skywind if anyone has seen the progress videos definitely one to keep an eye on.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • i will be playing it again come the 28th on my xbox one (that's when my pre order remaster will be unlocked to play). am planning on remaking my female breton assassin/stealth vampire lord as she was hard as nails (legendary at archery stealth and lockpicking).

i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

• Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    Surely Khajiit is the logical race for a stealthy thief? 
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100