Just started skyrim again yesterday

What's Hot

Comments

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I always play as Argonian. I hate being a human. Ugh I wish I could play it again.
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2556
    Just received 2 copies of Skyrim Special Edition for Xbox 1 from Shopto, £32.86 each. Fantastic service from Shopto as usual, I ordered them at 17:10 yesterday. Anyway, a copy for me and my teenage son. I haven't played it before but he's a seasoned Skyrim player so is going to hold my hand through a lot of it I'm sure. Can't wait to play it later.
  • cruxiform said:
    Just received 2 copies of Skyrim Special Edition for Xbox 1 from Shopto, £32.86 each. Fantastic service from Shopto as usual, I ordered them at 17:10 yesterday. Anyway, a copy for me and my teenage son. I haven't played it before but he's a seasoned Skyrim player so is going to hold my hand through a lot of it I'm sure. Can't wait to play it later.

Please let us know how you get on. I'm planning to buy special edition too but there are couple more games I'm looking to buy as well so a decent review would be much appreciated  :-)
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2928
    I own the original and all the DLC on Steam, so my free copy activates tonight :)
    cruxiform said:

Please let us know how you get on. I'm planning to buy special edition too but there are couple more games I'm looking to buy as well so a decent review would be much appreciated  :-)
    I'll try my best! It also comes with the Dawnguard, Hearthfire and Dragonborn addons by the way.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It's so good . I don't have any expansion sadly, but may get some. 

It's amazing. I'm a mage chap who punches things . So I like conjuring a wolf and raising zombies and throwing fire. 

I'm looking for a conjure sword spell -that'll be cool so I can catch some souls. 
    edited October 2016
    Well, I'm at level 3 and have completed Bleak Falls Barrow. The graphics are fantastic and the learning curve is very good. I haven't played a RPG in ages but this has sucked me right in. The sheer amount of things to learn is mind boggling, I think I'll be playing this for a long time a bit like GTA so think I'll get my money's worth. 

Oh, I picked the Nord/Warrior route.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28356
    Last time I played I was a Dark Elf, but that was just a disguise. I was actually a Dwemer agent, out to cause as much chaos as possible in the Overworld.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    It's so good . I don't have any expansion sadly, but may get some. 

It's amazing. I'm a mage chap who punches things . So I like conjuring a wolf and raising zombies and throwing fire. 

I'm looking for a conjure sword spell -that'll be cool so I can catch some souls. 
    Head to markarth and look for the abandoned house. You get the mace of molag bal that catches souls - or use the soul trap spell you can buy off the court mage in whiterun
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
  • Hertz32 said:

Head to markarth and look for the abandoned house. You get the mace of molag bal that catches souls - or use the soul trap spell you can buy off the court mage in whiterun

Conjured axe and soul trap perk = many enchantments coming my way. 
  • Hertz32 said:

Conjured axe and soul trap perk = many enchantments coming my way. 

Faendal will be packing heat. 

I'm going to stick with punching where possible, enchanting weapons if I really need them. 

I hope to graduate to light armour at some point too. I'm still naked. 
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5517
    Anyone reading this who isn't a gamer must be loving these posts.
  • BensonBenson Frets: 242
    Anyone have any clues how to verify the HD texture pack is installed properly? I gather the improvement is fairly subtle and doesn't cover all textures. Mine doesn't look much different than before after installing. 
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    edited October 2016
    As I recall there should be a mods section in the launcher. However they have to be in the right order to work correctly as there is an order in how they load
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
  • BensonBenson Frets: 242
    Ah ok thanks will check it out
  • Anyone gave it a go on xbox1 yet?
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    I started again yesterday after a 3 year break ,  the HD texture pack makes it look phenomenal 
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3053
    Any one go to the Skyrim concert? It was fantastic
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28356
    I saw the posters, if that counts at all.

I know it doesn't. :'(
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    edited December 2016
    Mrs d8m got me the PS4 remaster for xmas.

How have I never played this before?
    It's so much fun!